Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
What version of MC are you using?

Sent from a mystical device from North of the 49th

Oh, sorry that I missed that information from my post.
I'm forced to use 1.6.4, because my old crappy PC can't really capable of runnig modded 1.7.10 :(

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So I'm looking for a little minetweaker help for Obscurity. Basically I need to add an infusion recipe for Silverwood saplings. So I created a new file called TC2.zs and placed it in the scripts folder.
Code:
mods.thaumcraft.Infusion.addRecipe("SILVERSAPLING", <Thaumcraft:blockCustomPlant>, [<Thaumcraft:blockMagicalLog>, <Thaumcraft:blockMagicalLog>, <Thaumcraft:blockMagicalLog>, <Thaumcraft:blockMagicalLeaves>,<Thaumcraft:blockMagicalLeaves>, <Thaumcraft:blockMagicalLeaves>], "herba 64, praecantatio 64, sano 16", <Thaumcraft:blockCustomPlant:1>, 4);

mods.thaumcraft.Research.addResearch("SILVERSAPLING", "DARKMAGIC", "null", 0, 1, 4, <Thaumcraft:blockCustomPlant:1>);
mods.thaumcraft.Research.addPage("SILVERSAPLING", "DARKMAGIC.research_page.SILVERSAPLING");
mods.thaumcraft.Research.addInfusionPage("SILVERSAPLING", <Thaumcraft:blockCustomPlant:1>);
mods.thaumcraft.Research.setAutoUnlock("SILVERSAPLING", true);
mods.thaumcraft.Research.setRound("SILVERSAPLING", true);

Then I edited the Localization.zs file to add the research pages
Code:
game.setLocalization("tc.research_name.SILVERSAPLING", "Silverwood Sapling");
game.setLocalization("tc.research_text.SILVERSAPLING", "[MT] Creating magical saplings!");
game.setLocalization("DARKMAGIC.research_page.SILVERSAPLING", "[WIP] Through the use of life and magic you are able to create magical saplings");

Any ideas where I've gone wrong? When I do an /mt reload command it produces an unknown error and if I open the Thaum afterwards it crashes the client game. It was mentioned by the pack author @SnowShock35 that he was going to add a recipe for Silverwood saplings on the next update. Sadly that didn't happen so I'm trying to add it myself so I can use it to complete one of the quests.

B

BreeFTB

Hi, I'm new to FTB (edit I should probably list what I'm using: infinity evolved 1.7.10) and modded minecraft (oh boy). I've started down a big rabbit hole. I wanted to make a nuclear reactor and my husband pointed me towards a guide (darkcraft.org/threads/tutorials-and-tricks-3-big-reactors-mod-basic-tutorial.2231/). I followed the guide and all went well, except for 2 parts that I'm stuck on. He has no idea as he was just planning on making it but hasn't.

The first problem is, I can't seem to get the waste disposal portion working for 2 noob reasons, one - my nuclear reactor is not super close to the rest of the machines on my house, and I"m trying to figure out the best way to get power to the reprocessor. I have a survivalist generator, but it's pretty far away, what would be an easy way to power the machine (aside from the reactor?) so I can get that powered up. I also can't seem to get the itemducts connected properly, on the picture in the guide it looks like a servo and retriever are on the itemducts, but there's no mention of this in the guide, will I need to use those? I made the servos but I don't have everything for the retrievers.

Second, I got the computer up and running but I get an error when I try input the following code:
reactorID = "BigReactors-Reactor_0"

it gives an error saying: No such program

Third (ok I lied I have more than 2 problems) and this is once I've addressed the issues above.

What's the best way to get power from the nuclear reactor. I have rednet energy cables, would those be the best? It's just a lot of cable to run because I want to power machines in my house and my husbands house. Is there a more efficient way to move power from the reactor?

Thanks for reading and for the help :)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm not an expert on Computercraft, so I'll leave that part to someone more experienced.

The reproccesor isn't techincally needed, unless you either need blutonium, or want to be as efficient as possible with fuel. Cynaite is used to make Big Reactor Tubrines (along with a smaller amount of Blutonium) so you might want to keep some on hand anyway. It also doesn't have much use if you aren't using the Reactor, so I don't see why it isn't feasable to power if with the reactor. If you really insist on not using that power, extra utilities generators do keep power they've stored when picked up.

At this point the 3rd and 1st problem are pretty much the same. Depending on distance, there are several options. Tesseracts are likely best if you have a huge distance to cover, as their throughput is limitless. Another, marginly cheaper (but needs an Enderman Head per) option is the Dimensional Transceiver, but the throughput, while large, isn't infinite, and also has a maintaince cost powerwise. Both these options need fairly high tech in their respective mods. The longer distance the more efficient these options are over running cable.

If you are running cable all the way, there are a huge amount of options, Fluxducts (Cyro-stablised (infinte throughput but expensive), Resonant, Redstone, Hardened, Leadstone (Cheapest, but likely won't cover a big reactor's power, I'd suggest at least Hardened, but Redstone might be needed, depends on the reactor). MFR's energy cables lie somewhere between redstone and hardened in throughput iirc, their main advantage is being able to convert between RF and EU on the fly. EnderIO also has 3 teirs of Energy Conduits, but I personally don't use them as I dislike their asthetic, I beleive they are about equivalent to Hardened, Redstone and the 3rd teir is somewhere between Resonant and Redstone. (I presonally like pipes that I can fit into a build, where needed, instead of just always covering them up.) There are also Buildcraft Kinesis Pipes and Immersive Engineering Cabling, but neither of these can handle massive throughputs easily. (The immersive enginnering stuff is fantastic Aesthetic wise though)

In all honestly the cable/pipe you use will depend on both how much the reactor makes and how far you are from the reactor.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Look in the "Level Config.cfg" file, which you can find in the "TiC Tweaks" folder under your config folder.
You can change the name of the levels and even the text shown when the tools level up, or even you can add more levels!
One of the few mods that their config files are cover everything and EASILY understandable. Everithing is explained in HUMAN LANGUAGE...:D
Not like (sadly) most of the mods config files, when even the explanations itself required to be explained...:rolleyes:
I'm on 1.7.10 and can't find these folders and files

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Another question from me ;P anyway to hide the strength stat in agricraft? I have disabled weeds taking over crops and now having the extra star on seeds is unnecessary and I wanna know if I can get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Another question from me ;P anyway to hide the strength stat in agricraft? I have disabled weeds taking over crops and now having the extra star on seeds is unnecessary and I wanna know if I can get rid of it.

It's not COMPLETELY useless if weeds are disabled, unless you also disabled the clippers, as strength determines the clipping replant rate, with 10 being guaranteed.

EDIT: To more directly answer your question, I'm not aware of any way to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
It's not COMPLETELY useless if weeds are disabled, unless you also disabled the clippers, as strength determines the clipping replant rate, with 10 being guaranteed.

EDIT: To more directly answer your question, I'm not aware of any way to do it.
Ohh, if it does something then it can stay, and I was testing some farming on my pack and weeds still took over crops even though I have it disabled in configs, anyone know how to fix this?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hi, I'm new to FTB (edit I should probably list what I'm using: infinity evolved 1.7.10) and modded minecraft (oh boy). I've started down a big rabbit hole. I wanted to make a nuclear reactor and my husband pointed me towards a guide (darkcraft.org/threads/tutorials-and-tricks-3-big-reactors-mod-basic-tutorial.2231/). I followed the guide and all went well, except for 2 parts that I'm stuck on. He has no idea as he was just planning on making it but hasn't.

The first problem is, I can't seem to get the waste disposal portion working for 2 noob reasons, one - my nuclear reactor is not super close to the rest of the machines on my house, and I"m trying to figure out the best way to get power to the reprocessor. I have a survivalist generator, but it's pretty far away, what would be an easy way to power the machine (aside from the reactor?) so I can get that powered up. I also can't seem to get the itemducts connected properly, on the picture in the guide it looks like a servo and retriever are on the itemducts, but there's no mention of this in the guide, will I need to use those? I made the servos but I don't have everything for the retrievers.

Second, I got the computer up and running but I get an error when I try input the following code:
reactorID = "BigReactors-Reactor_0"

it gives an error saying: No such program

Third (ok I lied I have more than 2 problems) and this is once I've addressed the issues above.

What's the best way to get power from the nuclear reactor. I have rednet energy cables, would those be the best? It's just a lot of cable to run because I want to power machines in my house and my husbands house. Is there a more efficient way to move power from the reactor?

Thanks for reading and for the help :)
As for your ComputerCraft issue, just typing a Lua command into the console won't work- it's expecting the name of a command. If you're familiar with the UNIX/Linux command line, most of the most common commands are available and they work the same way.

To do stuff with Lua, you have two options. The simpler one is to type in the command "lua" (without the quotes). This will open an interactive Lua prompt, in which you can enter things like "reactorID = 'BigReactors-Reactor_0' " and they will work as you expect them to.

The Lua prompt is useful for testing things, but in order to use CC for automation, you'll need to write a script and save it to a file on the computer. To do this, enter the command "edit <filename>" (without quotes or angle brackets) in the main command prompt (not the Lua shell- to exit out of that, type "exit"). This will create a file in the computer's home directory with the specified filename and open it in a text editor. You can then type in a Lua script there, save it, and exit to the command prompt. Then, simply typing the filename you entered earlier will run the script.

If you name the script "startup", it will also run the script every time the computer loads- that is, whenever you log in, or when the chunk that the computer is located in unloads and then loads again.

For example, if you type "edit startup" into the command prompt, type "print("Hello, world!")" on the screen that appears, save, quit, and reboot the computer (hold Ctrl-T for a second, I think?), it will print "Hello, world!" to the terminal every time it starts up.

Reactions: Inaeo and lenscas

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ohh, if it does something then it can stay, and I was testing some farming on my pack and weeds still took over crops even though I have it disabled in configs, anyone know how to fix this?
Just to double check: is your pack on single player only or on a server? Am just wondering if weeds need to be disabled client and server side or just one or the other. I'd be tempted to ask InfinityRaider but I'd want to check out a couple of things before pinging him.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Just getting started with Blood Magic, for the first time ever. Things were going smoothly until I added a skeleton spawner above the altar to help fill the blood pool. At first it worked as expected; skeletons spawned, dropped down, and I killed them with the sacrificial knife. Easy progression to a Tier 3 altar.

Then I logged into the server the next day.

2016-08-05_20.00.26.png

Lag so bad I could barely move. Finally got close enough to the altar to see that there was a rotating cone of mobs in the spawner, dunno how many. Hundreds? Took the nuclear option of sending turtles to mine through it from the floor above to get the numbers down to something reasonable. (Took three turtles, they stopped working when they got too close...) The worst part? They're all wither skeletons, not what I intended at all. Finally cleaned out the spawner and removed it, but when I leave for a bit and return, the room is filled with wither skeletons. I've put down slabs everywhere, torches on every other block; nothing seems to work.

Is there some gotcha to Blood Magic that they don't tell newbies? Does the altar act as a chunk loader? There shouldn't have been anything running, and I didn't go afk or anything. Now I'm trying to log into the server and getting time-out errors, so I'm guessing it's fubared again.

kind of turning me off of trying this mod.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for modpack suggenstions. For some reason, I've been enjoying farming in Minecraft more than any other task now... however, farming crops might be the MOST pointless thing in all of Minecraft... because with normal vanilla hunger functioning, you can survive forever on just a strawberry here and there. Vanilla hunger is a complete joke and waste of time.

So I'm looking for a modpack where I can make a massive farm (meaning, the modpack must have Pam's Harvestcraft), but also a modpack where hunger is a challenging part of the game and not just a forgotten part of "survival".

tl;dr: I only have two requirements in a modpack: It must contain Pam's Harvestcraft, and it must contain a mod that makes hunger a difficult challenge to be overcome in survival mode. In your opinion, what modpack should I be playing?

P.S. Is the "Hunger Overhaul" mod still in active development, or did players hate it so much that it's been dropped completely? Are there any 1.10 hunger mods?

P.P.S. I think part of my fascination with Pam's is that it is one of the few enjoyable challenges left in this game for me (there are many other challenges I don't enjoy, such as magic mods)... Harvestcraft adds so many crops that there are almost infinte recipes to make from different combinations, which becomes a big challenge (for me anyways) to collect all the foodstuffs. I think that's what Minecraft is missing, these sort of collection challenges, to "make all the stuff". But if I desire to make all the foodstuffs, then I also need a reason to use them... thus "Hunger Overhaul".

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for modpack suggenstions. For some reason, I've been enjoying farming in Minecraft more than any other task now... however, farming crops might be the MOST pointless thing in all of Minecraft... because with normal vanilla hunger functioning, you can survive forever on just a strawberry here and there. Vanilla hunger is a complete joke and waste of time.

So I'm looking for a modpack where I can make a massive farm (meaning, the modpack must have Pam's Harvestcraft), but also a modpack where hunger is a challenging part of the game and not just a forgotten part of "survival".

tl;dr: I only have two requirements in a modpack: It must contain Pam's Harvestcraft, and it must contain a mod that makes hunger a difficult challenge to be overcome in survival mode. In your opinion, what modpack should I be playing?

P.S. Is the "Hunger Overhaul" mod still in active development, or did players hate it so much that it's been dropped completely? Are there any 1.10 hunger mods?

P.P.S. I think part of my fascination with Pam's is that it is one of the few enjoyable challenges left in this game for me (there are many other challenges I don't enjoy, such as magic mods)... Harvestcraft adds so many crops that there are almost infinte recipes to make from different combinations, which becomes a big challenge (for me anyways) to collect all the foodstuffs. I think that's what Minecraft is missing, these sort of collection challenges, to "make all the stuff". But if I desire to make all the foodstuffs, then I also need a reason to use them... thus "Hunger Overhaul".
Most people interested in making hunger more difficult use Spice of Life nowadays. It forces you to diversify your food options, as there is now diminishing returns if you repeatedly eat something

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Most people interested in making hunger more difficult use Spice of Life nowadays. It forces you to diversify your food options, as there is now diminishing returns if you repeatedly eat something
@asb3pe Having had a quick look, Spice of Life as mentioned by @sgbros1 is up for Minecraft 1.10, Pam's is up for 1.9.4 but may be usable in 1.10, so you definitely have options there! :)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Just to double check: is your pack on single player only or on a server? Am just wondering if weeds need to be disabled client and server side or just one or the other. I'd be tempted to ask InfinityRaider but I'd want to check out a couple of things before pinging him.
Single player I'd tested before and never noticed but when I left it afk for a few minutes weeds over took everything.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Been away for around a year, noticing a few changes and remembering a few that I was still adjusting to last time I played.

The one I'm dealing with now is the Botania sojourners sash, since it started requiring mana it needs a ring slot or inventory slot...
I'm wondering if there's some other way of supplying it mana that has come about, or if there's an alternative to the sash that may have popped up while I've been gone.

using 1.7.10, modpack is a butchered infinity, so I could add a mod if there's an option out there I'll like.