Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
V

Viperion

I've tried it in every position; it matches up with a tutorial I've been watching (blank side with the connector on it)

Edit: SOLVED: Broke the water wheel and placed it again; all working. Do you need to place the Kinetic Dynamo first? (Seems a bit weird)

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I've tried it in every position; it matches up with a tutorial I've been watching (blank side with the connector on it)

Edit: SOLVED: Broke the water wheel and placed it again; all working. Do you need to place the Kinetic Dynamo first? (Seems a bit weird)
Yes the dynamo does need to be placed first iirc.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! My friend and I are playing FTB infinity evolved. Somehow he managed to disable the tool durability bars in the hotbars (those that go from green to red as the tools get damaged).
I tried to do some digging on the issue and it seems like the usual solution for fixing this issue is pressing F3 + H at the same time. However when we tried that we just entered the Hat Interface.

Help?

Thanks!

I always F3 first then H quickly. If you do it correctly, the debug screen should pop up. If that doesn't work, try rebinding the hat key to something else.

Serendipiteit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to put together a server with both Gregtech and Immersive engineering, since I wanted to move away from thermal expansion for a while. Is this a good idea? I wanted to keep the challenges Gregtech offers while still keeping immersive engineering in a way that's balanced with Gregtech, if that's even possible. I haven't messed around with Gregtech since back in minecraft 1.4.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
First of all, sorry for the question, but it's something that have been annoying me for a while now...
Let me try to explain...
The very first modpack I played... well I don't remember much from it. However, I do remember a few thing very well; it had GregTech and it was extremely hard (just imagine, back then, there were not a single wiki in anything but english, and I wasn't speaking it at all. So, first time, hard mods, and the only docs were hard to understand... yeah it was pretty hardcore. But it was fun after all....); but the point here, is that I also remember very clearly one thing; the pack was customized a bit, and it was called "Feed The Beast Beta Pack B". And, I'm pretty sure the pack was listed on the launcher... but I can't confirm that part. Well, fine, I checked the wikis.... and nothing. I tried Google of course... Deceiving. There's one result on a wiki contributor page in german, it's mentioned once on this forum, and that's about it.
So my big question is wether there was really a "Beta Pack B" and if so, how it was different from the A (because, I know for sure that if we (me and the people I played with) chose one and not the other, there were definitely a reason), or is that name just how we renamed it back then, and there never was any "FTB Beta Pack B" and the few result founds are just typos?
So, my question is:
Was there really a FTB Beta Pack B (note the "B") at some point? If so, why isn't it listed on the official/unofficial wiki?
...and also, what was the difference between the A and the B?
I don't know... I do seem to remember playing a pack that installed itself in a folder named "FTBBetaA", which seems like it should imply that there was also a FTB Beta B pack... but it's been so long since I've touched that pack that I don't really remember anything else about it. It was either on MC 1.2 or 1.4, sometime around then... maybe Beta A was first and Beta B was released later, perhaps on a different version of Minecraft?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Checking the launcher it has FTB Beta A which was a 1.4.2 pack, and googling around briefly I can't see any indication of a FTB Beta B existing.

Reactions: RedBoss

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Immersive can be a bit finicky. I always place my wheels before placing my water blocks... but the wheel never turns at full speed when I do it this way, it is visibly obvious when comparing the wheel speed to my other Waterwheels that are already operational. The fix, I discovered, is to build the entire setup, then the last step is to break all three wheels and replace them. Nothing at all has changed... but doing this always speeds up the wheel so it's turning at exactly the same speed as all my other ones.

So you discovered the same solution as I did. You're not alone, it's just the way Immersive works I guess.

K

Kirruahell

Hi guys,

I'm using Combustion Engine from BuildCraft to get energy :

-3 supplied with Fuel (from a portable tank using fluiduct and servo)
-3 supplied with Ethanol (from RailCraft Iron Tank using fluiduct without servo)

My problem is the following : when the Combustion Engines are full, the fluiduct keep sucking up the fluids (like in an internal invisible infinite buffer). But I want the fluid to be store in the tank.

My supposition is there is a bug which cause the fluiduct to have infinite buffer.

I'm playing Ultimate Quest Pack last version.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, I just remember I have a still turning Biomass into ethanol, sucking biomass from a railcraft iron tank with fluiduct and I dont have the problem here. The tank is filling slowly.

So my supposition is wrong...

Last edited:

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
I really HATE GregTech mod in InfyTech 2 modpack.
THERE'S NO WAY TO GET MY IRON BLOCK OUT OF THIS TEREIBLE STEAM COMPRESSOR.
I tryed to get this machine working and it took me 1 hour to figure it out. Now I'm stuc with this iron block.
I really hate this mod because theres no guide how tu use this terrible mod
I'm sorry but I really feel so bad right now :/

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The thread title says "Simple Question", so here goes...:

If a modpack skips the "World" module of Project:Red then presumably, as well as the volcanoes and such not spawning, electrotine ore will also not spawn. But: will electrotine ore (and its associated dust) still exist in the game as items? Might the dust exist but not the ore? Or will they be completely absent, rendering certain things uncraftable?

- GwnG

Rei Da Tecnologia

Mar 2, 2016
Umuarama - PR, Brazil
Hello, I'm doing a tower on the server that I have mentioned, where each floor will have a purpose, for example: A floor will be the production of energy using the Big Reactors and another floor will be where to store the energy produced using Energy Core of Draconic Evolution.

I wanted to do an elevator that opens the door automatically when a player get close and at get you could choose the floor and when the elevator arrives on the floor he remained on that floor until you get on the elevator and choose another floor and if possible can put names on floor selection.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm doing a tower on the server that I have mentioned, where each floor will have a purpose, for example: A floor will be the production of energy using the Big Reactors and another floor will be where to store the energy produced using Energy Core of Draconic Evolution.

I wanted to do an elevator that opens the door automatically when a player get close and at get you could choose the floor and when the elevator arrives on the floor he remained on that floor until you get on the elevator and choose another floor and if possible can put names on floor selection.
Pneumaticcraft Elevators do this, if that's in the pack.
Or Blood Magic teleposers could work, you would just need to have all of the possible floors set with the teleposition focus, and then on a button press the selected focus is put into the teleposer. Not too hard, but would only allow for 1 person at a time to use the elevator system (unless you had 1 focus for each floor, on every floor)
If none of these are possible then it would just be a case of having elevators on each floor.

Reactions: Rei Da Tecnologia
C

ConeSC

Hello, i was wondering how to swap the items in my hotbar, i have seen etho do it in his LP, it seems like a useful feature. I am playing FTBIESB. Thanks :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i was wondering how to swap the items in my hotbar, i have seen etho do it in his LP, it seems like a useful feature. I am playing FTBIESB. Thanks :)

Hover your mouse over the item you want on your hotbar, then use the number keys (not number pad) to swap the item to the respective slot, swapping it for any existing item in that slot.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hover your mouse over the item you want on your hotbar, then use the number keys (not number pad) to swap the item to the respective slot, swapping it for any existing item in that slot.

I think the person is asking about swapping the hotbar.

If so, it's a tinker's construct item ( can't remember the name of it, but it's the belt)

Pressing shift+b will swap out the bars

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

C

ConeSC

I think the person is asking about swapping the hotbar.

If so, it's a tinker's construct item ( can't remember the name of it, but it's the belt)

Pressing shift+b will swap out the bars

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger
Tysm, just found the item in nei, damn thing is expensive in hard mode >_>

W

WhitneyFrog

I play the Modpack FTB Infinty Evolved 2.5.0 .
My Question:
Can i become a Werwolf without a full Coven? I tried to attract a Werwolf with a Sheep in front of the Wolfsaltar, but it did not work.. (at night under a full moon)
Was something wrong? Are there other ways?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I play the Modpack FTB Infinty Evolved 2.5.0 .
My Question:
Can i become a Werwolf without a full Coven? I tried to attract a Werwolf with a Sheep in front of the Wolfsaltar, but it did not work.. (at night under a full moon)
Was something wrong? Are there other ways?
The only other way to become a werewolf is being infected by another werewolf. This ability only becomes available when the other werewolf is level 10 though.