Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On ProjectE, if you break and pick up the Transmutation Table do you loose the EMC that is stored? Or is it a "per player" thing like Blood Magic's Soul Network?

Edit: also, what happens to the known items?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
On ProjectE, if you break and pick up the Transmutation Table do you loose the EMC that is stored? Or is it a "per player" thing like Blood Magic's Soul Network?

Edit: also, what happens to the known items?
From all I've seen its a per player thing. If you break it, it should remember your known items and your EMC

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

Reactions: Ashendale

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yeah i guess i feel bad for posting anything cause I sure don't mean to stir up the hornet's nest. But then again, I don't take back anything either. Thanks for being a voice of reason and calm, rhn. :cool:

To keep up on the latest batch of drama, the RED thread is probably going to have that for the next week. Which means if there's any information released, it'll pop up there. Other than that, rhn has covered the situation well and there's not much else known.

As always, feel free to ask questions about things like this. So long as everyone is civil the discussion is always welcome.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing my mod pack, "Death of Sinks". I'm having trouble getting a killing floor working. I am always having trouble with these though. It is 3 chunks by 3 chunks in size and the floor itself is four block below max build height. I thought standing in one corner would get some spawns in the opposite corner at the least. It is on a online server, the other play logged off to help me test. I stood there for at least five minutes with nothing spawning.

Could someone walk me through the things I am getting wrong here?

(I can't use anything to wipe out all hostile on the server as both the players on it have hostile mobs around that won't normally despawn. (Total is less the ten hostile have been set up that way.))
We do have chunk loaders force loading about a hundred chunks altogether.
ShohVWh.png

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing my mod pack, "Death of Sinks". I'm having trouble getting a killing floor working. I am always having trouble with these though. It is 3 chunks by 3 chunks in size and the floor itself is four block below max build height. I thought standing in one corner would get some spawns in the opposite corner at the least. It is on a online server, the other play logged off to help me test. I stood there for at least five minutes with nothing spawning.

Could someone walk me through the things I am getting wrong here?

(I can't use anything to wipe out all hostile on the server as both the players on it have hostile mobs around that won't normally despawn. (Total is less the ten hostile have been set up that way.))
We do have chunk loaders force loading about a hundred chunks altogether.
I think you've accounted for it, but just in case, nothing spawns within 24 blocks of you. Get at least 25 blocks away from your chamber, maybe sit below it at y=180 and then go back up and check.
vwqLXMg.png

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fooling around with Mekanism's pipe sorting. Is there a way to rotate the Logistical Sorter? It seems to me it cannot draw items from bottom or top of containers.

Edit: after more fooling around, I found out that if you hit it with a wrench from the opposite side from where you want it to connect, it will align to what you need.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've accounted for it, but just in case, nothing spawns within 24 blocks of you. Get at least 25 blocks away from your chamber, maybe sit below it at y=180 and then go back up and check.
vwqLXMg.png
I thought about that while making the post. The platform is 3*3 chunks (48*48 blocks?). I stand in a room on the corner to wait for them to spawn. Its lit up in that corner really well. So I doubt anything would spawn on that chunk. The rest of the chunks are fully dark though. Those four pillars in the center are at the corners of the middle chunk.

This isn't meant to be a mob farm as much as it is meant more as a meet and greet area. The come in to meat me and dance with me. I leave with the loots.

I was just thinking. maybe I am doing my math wrong. I will have to take a closer look at it later. I know the open blocks guide helps with this. Set to spherical and 24 tells me where things are going wrong, at times.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Reading about mob farms reminds me; are there any tips for getting more Ender Pearls in the early/mid game? I have a herd of turtles strip-mining for just about every ore I need, a mob farm dropping tons of gunpowder and blaze powder, and even a squid tank generating chests of ink sacs. I've been mining the Nether for quite a bit of Draconium, and have a couple of Draco Chests. But now I'm bottle-necked on Ender Pearls. Want to upgrade my Culinary Generators to x8 or *gasp* x64? Need moar Ender Pearls. Want some advanced armor? Enderium! Liquid Ender Pearls, Eyes of Ender, Ender this, Ender that, what's next? Ender Pearl Jam?

I antagonize and hunt down any random Endermen I spot, and leave plenty of blank expanses to tempt them to drop blocks of dirt around, but I'm still in the single digits for Ender pearls. Any tips?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Make a mob farm in The End.

Get some ender-lily seeds and start farming pearls.

Get some endermen to your smeltery and cast the pearls.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Make a mob farm in The End.

Get some ender-lily seeds and start farming pearls.

Get some endermen to your smeltery and cast the pearls.

I've never actually found/made (?) a portal to the End, nor have I seen any ender-lilies in this world. So far, anyway, as I noted above it's still early days. Just kind of hitting the wall on some upgrade paths, which is why I posed the question.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've never actually found/made (?) a portal to the End, nor have I seen any ender-lilies in this world. So far, anyway, as I noted above it's still early days. Just kind of hitting the wall on some upgrade paths, which is why I posed the question.

If you're effing lucky you can get Ender-lilies from dungeon loot. Caves, temples, whatever. Anything that generates with chests inside has a chance to have them, provided your mod pack has Extra Utlilites. Otherwise you're SOL. Because trying to go The End to get lilies you need... Ender Pearls :(

An approach slow but certain would be bee breeding, as you don't need pearls to get the little shitlings to crap them out for you. Magical Crops require 4 pearls to get started on the seeds, but bees need nothing except patience. Another alternative would be ProjectE or EE3 if you have either.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reading about mob farms reminds me; are there any tips for getting more Ender Pearls in the early/mid game? I have a herd of turtles strip-mining for just about every ore I need, a mob farm dropping tons of gunpowder and blaze powder, and even a squid tank generating chests of ink sacs. I've been mining the Nether for quite a bit of Draconium, and have a couple of Draco Chests. But now I'm bottle-necked on Ender Pearls. Want to upgrade my Culinary Generators to x8 or *gasp* x64? Need moar Ender Pearls. Want some advanced armor? Enderium! Liquid Ender Pearls, Eyes of Ender, Ender this, Ender that, what's next? Ender Pearl Jam?

I antagonize and hunt down any random Endermen I spot, and leave plenty of blank expanses to tempt them to drop blocks of dirt around, but I'm still in the single digits for Ender pearls. Any tips?
My Ender Pearl progress pretty must always looks like this:
  1. Kill whichever Enderman I can find with as good a Looting enchant I can get my hands on.
  2. Finding a few Ender-Lily seeds in a chest somewhere and planting them on whatever.
  3. Investing a few pearls in Resonant Ender in the Smeltery, pour it out over Obsidian if I have access to it (as it gives x5 or else Sandstone) to produce End Stone, so I can plant the Ender-lily seeds on it. Alternatively I might find some End Stone around a bee hive in a magical biome if I happen to be in/near one. This will cut the growth time down to 1/4th and allow for rare secondary seed drops.
  4. Eventually finding a Division Sigil in a chest and using it to get Cursed Earth. Setting up some form of automated mob farm and getting pearls from there. Usually this is enough to keep me going since even a trickle income gets significant during the time I spend on building stuff. If not or I just feel like automating more:
  5. Targeted mob spawning. Something like MFR Autospawners powered by the cursed earth farm.
  6. Bees
  7. Automated Ender-Lily farm(usually for the looks, a good large varied farm is nice).
  8. Whatever...

Last edited:

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for all the Ender Pearl suggestions! I have started down the bees path, but I'd forgotten there was a branch that could eventually produce Ender Pearls. Time to start breeding bees!

I haven't seen any dungeons yet, but eventually I'm sure I'll mine into one. So far I've got branch mines out a kilometer in all directions, and several small turtle quarries, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Need to explore more on the surface, but I incautiously selected Extreme Biomes for the world generation option, and I've got a _lot_ of dark areas around my home swamp from all the floating islands/major caves. (Playing Infinity Evolved, I don't think I specified that earlier.)

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
What's the block id of Fertile Soil from mfr? I want to add it to AgriCraft's soil whitelist but the item id doesn't seem to work, despite my hopefulness that the two would be the same.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What's the block id of Fertile Soil from mfr? I want to add it to AgriCraft's soil whitelist but the item id doesn't seem to work, despite my hopefulness that the two would be the same.
"/mt blockinfo" should let you check the data of any block by clicking on it, only works if you've got minetweaker installed.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My quarry setup is currently this:
2016-05-29_16.11.58.png
The item filter on the conduit exporting into the tesseract is set like this:
2016-05-29_16.12.02.png

Why am I still getting dirt and cobble coming through to my destination chest on the other end of the tesseract? This was doing the same thing with the Itemducts and servos I had previously and I'm not sure why.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
My quarry setup is currently this:
View attachment 27769
The item filter on the conduit exporting into the tesseract is set like this:
View attachment 27772

Why am I still getting dirt and cobble coming through to my destination chest on the other end of the tesseract? This was doing the same thing with the Itemducts and servos I had previously and I'm not sure why.
Maybe the quarry is directly putting items in the tesseract? A quarry at least used to be able to export items to more sides then just the top

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Maybe the quarry is directly putting items in the tesseract? A quarry at least used to be able to export items to more sides then just the top
And that's why the Mek9 Quantum Entanglar is better than a Tesseract, you can set the Quantum Entanglar to import from a specific side.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

That's a possibility. Is it a new feature? I've been using a tesseract adjacent to a quarry for ages and never noticed this before...

...although that said I don't normally filter out the junk so yeah

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
That's a possibility. Is it a new feature? I've been using a tesseract adjacent to a quarry for ages and never noticed this before...

...although that said I don't normally filter out the junk so yeah
For as far as I know a quarry was always able to eject items from all sides