Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Well it doesn't matter since that was fixed ages ago, but people really like to report bugs from 2-month-old versions for some reason.

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
I love the auto feeder module but in the new Jenkins buikd(yes I know it's not official) when it activates, it shows up twice on the bottom left but only takes one of whatever food I have in my inventory. Is that intended? Will their be a config option to disable the text showing up?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I am curious how it will perform with Ars Magica is specifically due to damage from spells being different from regular physical damage. Again, haven't tested personally yet but if this is the case, I may very well have to switch between MPS and mage robes (which are supposedly approximately diamond armor level).

I am sure others will get there before I will due to my intermittent playtime and I hope they share findings. :)

also void isn't regular damage, it ignores every type of vanilla armor, even creative...[DOUBLEPOST=1362847626][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well it doesn't matter since that was fixed ages ago, but people really like to report bugs from 2-month-old versions for some reason.

the anti-void force field is in the 0.3.0 178 version...

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand the new heat mechanic. Also, I am apparently playing on an older version. But, my powertool has become my new tool of choice. I have siphoned all of my materials from my Quarry into making this suit of armor, it is incredibly expensive, I'm sure even more so with Gregtech.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
I love everything about this mod, it's awesome, I love flying 1000's of blocks and turning off flight control at just the right moment, so I drop and land exactly on my door pressure plate :D plus with the onboard generators, I only have to charge it when I spend too long underground. but I think the best bit of this mod is the modularity of it, when I couldn't afford armour plating and stuff, I can still work on a suit of armour with the awesome movement stuff. and now when it runs out of power, its just so painfully slow

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I love everything about this mod, it's awesome, I love flying 1000's of blocks and turning off flight control at just the right moment, so I drop and land exactly on my door pressure plate :D plus with the onboard generators, I only have to charge it when I spend too long underground. but I think the best bit of this mod is the modularity of it, when I couldn't afford armour plating and stuff, I can still work on a suit of armour with the awesome movement stuff. and now when it runs out of power, its just so painfully slow

It's amazing to me too, I'm still trying to wrangle enough materials for the Energy Shield and Plasma cannon.

Can you save the Overclock-ed-ness? Because I don't want to zoom 2,000 blocks every time I fly, just sometimes.
BTW is the Glider Attachment worth it

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enjoying this great mod too. However, with the ultimate pack is it normal that the Modular Power Suit recipes are vanilla and Gregtech?

I know I can change the recipes through the config but I was wondering was it intended for the vanilla to be enabled since those are much easier recipes compared to Greg's or even IC2 versions.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, for some unknown reason.
I find having both IC2 and TE recipes enabled to be the most balanced option, but then again I disabled GregTech as soon as I got Ultimate.

Reactions: Matthew83

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, for some unknown reason.
I find having both IC2 and TE recipes enabled to be the most balanced option, but then again I disabled GregTech as soon as I got Ultimate.
I don't mind GregTech, mostly because lately when I play I never use much of IC2 other than the jetpack. Though it just feels strange for the "Ultimate" pack to have the easier vanilla recipes for the Power Suits enabled from the start. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be enabled with this pack.

Though I agree that IC2 and TE are a nice balance.

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
I love flying 1000's of blocks and turning off flight control at just the right moment, so I drop and land exactly on my door pressure plate :D

It's a shame pressure plates aren't pressurized...would be an interesting mechanic if landing on one too hard would cause the nearby door to become unhinged and fly off the frame into a nearby mountainside...kinda like jumping on a packet of ketchup x)

Reactions: BanzaiBlitz

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame pressure plates aren't pressurized...would be an interesting mechanic if landing on one too hard would cause the nearby door to become unhinged and fly off the frame into a nearby mountainside...kinda like jumping on a packet of ketchup x)

Pressure plates just activate a button inside them to output magical redstone energy, so in any case, the pressure plate should stick to the ground and not pop up again, I guess...

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you use weighted pressure plates and maybe a redstone comparator then it might be possible.

EDIT:

Never mind. The weighted plates only work with items.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Ultimate, I think the easy and hard recipes are enabled by default in the config to make it easier for server owners - they can just disable the recipe they find inappropriate for their server, like I did. Of course enabling the IC2 and TE recipes still requires a config pack but you can't have everything.

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
Pressure plates just activate a button inside them to output magical redstone energy, so in any case, the pressure plate should stick to the ground and not pop up again, I guess...

Maybe they're just spring loaded...I dunno I was just pondering some potential ridiculousness totally unrelated to powersuits and thought I'd share ;)

That being said, would any of you recommend bothering with a advanced electric jetpack? Or should I concentrate the effort towards making a powersuit...I'm weird in that I like to experience going up tier by tier as necessary, makes it feel more like a reward or like "leveling up." For this reason, the powersuit appeals to me far more than a gravichestplate, since the gravichest is less about the trip and more about the final destination. You don't get to feel the difference an upgrade makes cause you're just collecting materials and slapping them together to finally get that amazing chestpiece. Biggest reason I might still make a gravichestplate is cause I love building large structures in survival without worrying about platforms or scaffolding... Come to think of it, can the powersuit ever give you that freedom of flight? i.e. creative flight?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The powersuit lets you have something massively superior to Creative flight so I think you're covered. You're pretty much attaching literal jet engines to your suit so eventually travelling at literal game-breaking speeds is possible. It's discussed earlier in the thread actually.

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
The powersuit lets you have something massively superior to Creative flight so I think you're covered. You're pretty much attaching literal jet engines to your suit so eventually travelling at literal game-breaking speeds is possible. It's discussed earlier in the thread actually.

Oh nono, sorry I didn't explain myself well enough :( I read your post about flying stupidly fast, I was just wondering if you could float around on any axis / level to (for example) place a line of blocks without having to readjust your altitude every 2 seconds.

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
I read up on one of the sites and found this to answer my question...

• Flight Control: Tries to keep you steady in midair. Acts as a proxy for creative flight. Press 'Z' to go down (currently hardcoded).

If you already mentioned something similar before then I apologize!
Found the info on http://machinemuse.net/modules.php which someone mentioned in an earlier post I think. I'll be visiting that a few more times for sure, the list of modules we might see on the suits is literally making me drool...

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I dislike that you move at the speed of light (can't even be precise), but only sideways, if you change the power to be less, upwards you move super slow.

Also moving forward, no matter at what power, you go forward 1 block and at the same time 2 down, unless you are looking to the sky the whole time.

adjl

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't seem to use the in-place assembler. What am I supposed to be hitting to bring up the crafting table?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't seem to use the in-place assembler. What am I supposed to be hitting to bring up the crafting table?

shift + mousewell and 3 anoying crafting tables should pop up above your armor bar, then rightclick.