Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chaosoul

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf's pack is getting updated on monday but would like to say the recipe for lv capacitors does work on the older version. You can't look it up but you can craft it. I upgraded mine and and then downgraded went onto a DW20 server and crafted a couple and worked fine. Like someone said above it's wiring-rebattery-wiring.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf's pack is getting updated on monday but would like to say the recipe for lv capacitors does work on the older version. You can't look it up but you can craft it. I upgraded mine and and then downgraded went onto a DW20 server and crafted a couple and worked fine. Like someone said above it's wiring-rebattery-wiring.
wat

this literally NEVER was mentioned in any bug reports as far as I know.

-.-

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
dumb trick: dont waste diamonds in the diamond upgrade of your tool, you can mine obsidian anyway.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
sometimes you would like to mine obsidian and not have everything done by a machine you know...

Your usage of the word "you" may be extremely limited, as I don't know all that many people that would agree with that statement.

Zupalicious

Jul 29, 2019
hom do u use the jetpack module, it is toggled on but i cant seem to find the key to get a lift off or soemthing

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, all these modules I'm saying I don't intend on doing, if someone else wants to code them and either make an addon or a pull request, I'd gladly include them. I just don't want to spend a bunch of effort making something that's already available as a client-side mod (for example) or a separate machine when I still have so many more new and exciting things left to implement.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Having gotten into a fresh world with the release of Ultimate, I'm gonna have to see how MPS plays alongside Ars Magica. Teched out vs magical mayhem? :D

Due to quantum NOT being so protective against magical spells hitting you (though I learned this by reading, not tested personally yet), max shielding on MPS may be glorious, but not perfect in my personal mod arrangement. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, all these modules I'm saying I don't intend on doing, if someone else wants to code them and either make an addon or a pull request, I'd gladly include them. I just don't want to spend a bunch of effort making something that's already available as a client-side mod (for example) or a separate machine when I still have so many more new and exciting things left to implement.

S'fine. I know I'll be doing my best to submit patches to you after I get through this next push at work. I'd rather see you flesh out the rest of the mechanics for the armor anyways. I heard something about heat and I want to see it. :)

My first goal: make an AE-wireless-receiver-for-refuelling module. :) Why go to a charging bench when you have all those batteries encoded in your mainframe?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, because I play in a mod pack with a heavy focus on automation because I like to do everything by hand... :rolleyes:

well, you maybe use liquid loaders and unloaders with portals instead of tesseracts, or a wheat farm powered by golems instead of a multifarm, or a tree farm with steve carts, or powering a quarry with steam instead of slapping 2 solar panels to some electric engines.

y'know, some fun ain't bad.[DOUBLEPOST=1362789099][/DOUBLEPOST]
Having gotten into a fresh world with the release of Ultimate, I'm gonna have to see how MPS plays alongside Ars Magica. Teched out vs magical mayhem? :D

Due to quantum NOT being so protective against magical spells hitting you (though I learned this by reading, not tested personally yet), max shielding on MPS may be glorious, but not perfect in my personal mod arrangement. :)

MPS forcefield is so freaking strong that I survived falling to the void -600 blocks in the end, then I activated jetpack and came back to the island with 9 hearts.

Chaosoul

Jul 29, 2019
wat

this literally NEVER was mentioned in any bug reports as far as I know.

-.-
? Do you mean it was just always reported you couldn't craft it? At first that was what I thought at first as well. Not everyone knew there was a newer version to check the recipe.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
well, you maybe use liquid loaders and unloaders with portals instead of tesseracts, or a wheat farm powered by golems instead of a multifarm, or a tree farm with steve carts, or powering a quarry with steam instead of slapping 2 solar panels to some electric engines.

y'know, some fun ain't bad.[DOUBLEPOST=1362789099][/DOUBLEPOST]

MPS forcefield is so freaking strong that I survived falling to the void -600 blocks in the end, then I activated jetpack and came back to the island with 9 hearts.

My MPS forcefield is so strong meme incoming...

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019

I would like to congratulate you on a mod that is awesome, not OP and combines all the useful items from other mods into one package! I made the Jetpack module and the Jetpack for the boots(can't remember the name) and discovered that they are extremely hard to craft! Ion Thrusters, 2 of them take 1 stack of iron? Could you maybe tone the recipes down a little, like using cable in stead of Solenoids?

EDIT: The IC2 jetpack is WAY easier to craft, think about that!

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Ok I love this mod. Its perfect. I cant wait for more features to be added in. The flight is amazing. If you invest in this and go tier 3 energy and shields you can run and fly like a demon. Keep up the great work!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I would like to congratulate you on a mod that is awesome, not OP and combines all the useful items from other mods into one package! I made the Jetpack module and the Jetpack for the boots(can't remember the name) and discovered that they are extremely hard to craft! Ion Thrusters, 2 of them take 1 stack of iron? Could you maybe tone the recipes down a little, like using cable in stead of Solenoids?

EDIT: The IC2 jetpack is WAY easier to craft, think about that!
I would rather strongly disagree with this. The IC2 jetpack isn't also armor, isn't also an energy storage device for other items, and isn't a whole bunch of other things as well. Quite bluntly, when you get done with MPS, it's effectively Gravisuite. I think the costs are nicely balanced.

As far as ideas for the mod:

NBC Shielding: helm slot upgrade. Requires: a LOT. Like maybe 4x force field emitters plus some other stuff.

"This upgrade will create an environmental seal, enabling you to enter hostile environments without suffering any negative effect. It is, however, draining on your batteries."

In effect, it prevents negative potion effects from affecting you. Hence why it requires four items that in turn require multiple diamonds, as well as a whole host of other stuff. In effect, Qsuit helm.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
? Do you mean it was just always reported you couldn't craft it? At first that was what I thought at first as well. Not everyone knew there was a newer version to check the recipe.

Um, I must admit I /guessed/ the recipie. The other two were wiring - energy storage - wiring. I figured the teir down of energy sotrage was a re-bat and tryed it.
I should probably of reported it ^-^'

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I am curious how it will perform with Ars Magica is specifically due to damage from spells being different from regular physical damage. Again, haven't tested personally yet but if this is the case, I may very well have to switch between MPS and mage robes (which are supposedly approximately diamond armor level).

I am sure others will get there before I will due to my intermittent playtime and I hope they share findings. :)