[1.7.10] Another Way To Start v 1.2.9 - Step-by-step fresh survival! [Stable] [250+ Mods]

Which mod you want to stay in AWTS 1.2.4

• Witchery

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. . . I put a GREATWOOD log into a crafting grid. It comes out an OAK LOG and I have no option for a great wood plank. Changing a Greenwood log into Oak log seems cheaty since it is a different wood altogether so this is probably a bug.

I see that in order to make Greenwood planks the only two ways are using a sawmill or precision sawmill. I imagine that is by design.

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. . . I put a GREATWOOD log into a crafting grid. It comes out an OAK LOG and I have no option for a great wood plank. Changing a Greenwood log into Oak log seems cheaty since it is a different wood altogether so this is probably a bug.

I see that in order to make Greenwood planks the only two ways are using a sawmill or precision sawmill. I imagine that is by design.
Yes. But it is not an bug
As normal great wood planks can be use as normal planks

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yes. But it is not an bug
As normal great wood planks can be use as normal planks
I'm afraid you're confusing oredictionary with an item that's supposed to be created through crafting which (as far as the end item goes), has absolutely nothing to do with oredict rules. Left side (what you craft WITH) is the only side that should apply to oredict rules, not the end result/right side unless it's been erroneously minetweaked or there's a very strange mod conflict going on.

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid you're confusing oredictionary with an item that's supposed to be created through crafting which (as far as the end item goes), has absolutely nothing to do with oredict rules. Left side (what you craft WITH) is the only side that should apply to oredict rules, not the end result/right side unless it's been erroneously minetweaked or there's a very strange mod conflict going on.
Nope.
Nothing is wrong about that reacipe

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded, created a new world and immediatly crashed after loading the world

snipping of the error log:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 18.05.16 19:15
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at net.minecraft.util.WeightedRandom.func_76273_a(WeightedRandom.java:28)
at net.minecraft.util.WeightedRandom.func_76271_a(WeightedRandom.java:60)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73057_a(WorldServer.java:203)
at net.minecraft.world.SpawnerAnimals.func_77192_a(SpawnerAnimals.java:147)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:161)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.util.WeightedRandom.func_76273_a(WeightedRandom.java:28)
at net.minecraft.util.WeightedRandom.func_76271_a(WeightedRandom.java:60)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73057_a(WorldServer.java:203)
at net.minecraft.world.SpawnerAnimals.func_77192_a(SpawnerAnimals.java:147)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:161)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: Another new Story
All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['Mythos93'/2989, l='Another new Story', x=-225,50, y=72,00, z=100,50]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 625 Drop: 336
Level seed: -1873453080701125613
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (-218,64,96), Chunk: (at 6,4,0 in -14,6; contains blocks -224,0,96 to -209,255,111), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)
Level time: 15 game time, 15 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 90723 (now: false), thunder time: 57113 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: true
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Edit: created a new world, same problem :(
Edit2: created a new world, this time with bimoes o plenty as world type (before was default always) and it worked. My guess that something generates in some biomes which crashes the game but because of BoP the chance to generate this "crashing" biome is not as high.

Last edited:

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
For some Reason this pack seems to be too heavy for my PC.

I have an Intel i5 Quadcor with 3.30GHz and 16GB Ram + GeForce GTX 950 Graphic card.
I have no Problems with FTB infinity it works perfect smoothly, but this pack..
sadly i get lag spikes while chopping trees, won`t imagine how much lag i would have with a base full of machines and pipes and so on.

I allocated 4gb ram for minecraft btw.

Maybe you have a tip or so. Would be very interested in playing the pack.

And another edit: got it to work a bit smoother, now only some lags while generating chunks but thats okay.

Also noticed veinminer doesn`t seem to work. The changelog and config says shifting activates it, but that wont work for me, also rebound the veinminer key, doesnt do anything too (i tested with both, tinkers and vanilla tools).

Edit2: sorry forget the veinminer part, just noticed theres "veinminermodintegration" and it needs the modifier on tinkers or the enchant on other tools.

Last edited:

Hyulles

Jul 29, 2019
I was gettin the same error that Mythos123 get, than i created the BOP like he did.
But now when i open my inventory, i get a massive fps drop, with or without NEI enable, but just my inventory, any other block like the crafting table dont give me the fps drop.

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
For some Reason this pack seems to be too heavy for my PC.

I have an Intel i5 Quadcor with 3.30GHz and 16GB Ram + GeForce GTX 950 Graphic card.
I have no Problems with FTB infinity it works perfect smoothly, but this pack..
sadly i get lag spikes while chopping trees, won`t imagine how much lag i would have with a base full of machines and pipes and so on.

I allocated 4gb ram for minecraft btw.

Maybe you have a tip or so. Would be very interested in playing the pack.

And another edit: got it to work a bit smoother, now only some lags while generating chunks but thats okay.

Also noticed veinminer doesn`t seem to work. The changelog and config says shifting activates it, but that wont work for me, also rebound the veinminer key, doesnt do anything too (i tested with both, tinkers and vanilla tools).

Edit2: sorry forget the veinminer part, just noticed theres "veinminermodintegration" and it needs the modifier on tinkers or the enchant on other tools.
About both of your problems
I was gettin the same error that Mythos123 get, than i created the BOP like he did.
But now when i open my inventory, i get a massive fps drop, with or without NEI enable, but just my inventory, any other block like the crafting table dont give me the fps drop.
I want to clear that I am not blaming the mod author.

But one of the mod author said that the bug is fixed and on my part I tested it in single player.
It is perfectly fine, so I just release the 1.2.3 update
But the next day I see that the mod author claim he forgot to put that bug fixes in the version we are using
So I just give another update to FTB(1.2.3.1)

Hope it will update soon
But 1.2.2.1 is fine
Sorry for the inconvenience
Hope you enjoy the pack

legomike

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if this is intentional but Pam's Harvest Cranberry and Rice dont have a recipe for seeds, im still missing some plants so not sure if others are without seeds

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019

I want to clear that I am not blaming the mod author.

But one of the mod author said that the bug is fixed and on my part I tested it in single player.
It is perfectly fine, so I just release the 1.2.3 update
But the next day I see that the mod author claim he forgot to put that bug fixes in the version we are using
So I just give another update to FTB(1.2.3.1)

Hope it will update soon
But 1.2.2.1 is fine
Sorry for the inconvenience
Hope you enjoy the pack

Can you tell me what mod it is?
Because i got the error now in my world which worked and where i spend a good amount of time in and i don`t know how long it takes until the FTB launcher provide me the newer version. It would be pleased if i could play this weekend :D

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
Can you tell me what mod it is?
Because i got the error now in my world which worked and where i spend a good amount of time in and i don`t know how long it takes until the FTB launcher provide me the newer version. It would be pleased if i could play this weekend :D
I am waiting for the ftb team to update the pack for me....
you van manually update the pack from github if you want

giantcaller

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, there seems to be a problem with veinminer. No matter what I do to the config or what tool I use, I can't use it on ores. I was able to vein mine a tree with my hands on a certain config.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
What hostile mobs can I expect to run into whilst exploring around this modpack's terrain generation? Are they easy to deal with on the first Minecraft day? I'd like a challenge of sorts but don't like getting swamped by zerg level 10 bosses the minute I leave the spawn area. Would be nice, too, if it is an adjustable difficulty for the mobs concerned, or if they're easy to spot and avoid.

I'm looking for a modpack that helps explain the tech tree of items or at least has logical progression through them explained in some way. Is that something your pack currently has or is it still in the works?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, there seems to be a problem with veinminer. No matter what I do to the config or what tool I use, I can't use it on ores. I was able to vein mine a tree with my hands on a certain config.

There is a mod in the pack called “veinminer mid integration“ to use veinminer you need a tinkers pickaxe with the veinmine modifier (1glowstone) or a normal pickaxe with the veinmine enchantmemt (not sure if this is enabled)

Reactions: BigRice1018