[1.7.10] Another Way To Start v 1.2.9 - Step-by-step fresh survival! [Stable] [250+ Mods]

Which mod you want to stay in AWTS 1.2.4

• Witchery

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
What hostile mobs can I expect to run into whilst exploring around this modpack's terrain generation? Are they easy to deal with on the first Minecraft day? I'd like a challenge of sorts but don't like getting swamped by zerg level 10 bosses the minute I leave the spawn area. Would be nice, too, if it is an adjustable difficulty for the mobs concerned, or if they're easy to spot and avoid.

I'm looking for a modpack that helps explain the tech tree of items or at least has logical progression through them explained in some way. Is that something your pack currently has or is it still in the works?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
There are no special kind of hostile mobs in this pack, all you will find while exploring are pure vanilla mobs.

At the Moment, theres no HQM or Guide Book for progression, you have to look at the recipes in NEI and follow the tech tree. Some basic knowledge of the mobs could be he
helpful.

Reactions: BigRice1018

Fr33K UY

Jul 29, 2019
Nice modpack you have here.

Been playing with it for atleast 2 weeks and it has been a blast, re-learning many mechanics, making machines i would have never used but in this pack are esential is what keeps me playing.
But playing single-player gets slow.

Is there a server for this pack? If so, how do i connect to it?

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
Nice modpack you have here.

Been playing with it for atleast 2 weeks and it has been a blast, re-learning many mechanics, making machines i would have never used but in this pack are esential is what keeps me playing.
But playing single-player gets slow.

Is there a server for this pack? If so, how do i connect to it?
Glad you like the pack~
Sadly, AWTS don't have a official server
You can try to find someone to open a private server :D

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
There is a bug where there are multiple recipes to choose from:

For instance Barley from Biomes'O'Plenty in any two squares of a crafting grid makes one Barley Flour, but, it also makes 2 Pam's Harvestcraft Barley which cannot be turned into flour. Shift-clicking these recipes isn't possible to create the entire stack at once, and I have run into issues making the barley flour one at a time manually where the recipe will change over to 2x Pam's Harvestcraft Barley which is useless for turning into Barley Flour to make bread as it can't make barley flour.

I don't know what mod makes the multiple recipes possible, but it is getting in the way of early-game exploration for me and forcing me to undo mistakes with cheat mode whilst learning how to make the Barley into Barley Flour, I would much prefer one Barley Flour recipe than be able to make Pam's Harvestcraft Barley out of it which can be easily found by finding it's garden it spawns from or by using the Pam's Harvestcraft market. Since Pam's Harvestcraft crops grow fairly easily, it should not be necessary to oredict Biomes'O'Plenty barley over to Pam's Harvestcraft Barley.

Also, it might mean 2x Barley Flour, but consider making the Barley grindable in an AE2 Grindstone, this would be easier overall, I pretty much don't care at all about food early-game, only that the means to acquire it is relatively easy.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

M

meratul

i got crash since i updated to 1.2.4.
waiting for next version.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
i got crash since i updated to 1.2.4.
waiting for next version.

There's no guarantee the next version will fix your crash, please post a link to the crash report that should be in this modpack's folder somewhere, if it generated one, which you can upload to http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ and post the link to the crash report here. If someone is able to figure out what went wrong, they'll let you know if there's a way to fix it or what you can do about it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

X

xDevilDewDropsx

Hey, so my world has come corrupted and I can't load any backups or anything of the world. I've tried updating, I've tried removing I've tried just about everything. Now I don't want to lose the world as I have done so much work into it. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to anything to help fixing the world. There are no crash reports so I don't even know what is causing it. It says this when I try to load the world "Forge Mod Loader detected that the backup level.dat is being used. This may happen due to a bug or corruption, continuing can damage your world beyond repair or lose data/ progress. It is recommened to create a world backup before continuing." And there is a Yes and No button I can click, yes does absolutely nothing and when I click No it brings me back to the main screen of the mudpack. Now since when my first world of this mudpack corruted in on itself and deleted I've been saving backups of the entire world file and I tried importing on of the oldest worlds in and I'd get this corruption/backup level.dat error. Does anyone know how to fix this because I'd like to contuine playing this amazing mudpack and not have to restart. I have made changes to the mudpack. I have twilight forest removed(It is why the first world corrupted and closed in on itself and deleted forever). I also have agricraft config changes to make it so you can get 10/10/10 growth seeds. Besides that the mudpack is unchanged.

Edit: I also have IE configs change so rf power can be converted into EU power for a 10rf into 1 eu conversion. It is a private server this is happening on and I run the server off my computer and I have friends join to play also.

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so my world has come corrupted and I can't load any backups or anything of the world. I've tried updating, I've tried removing I've tried just about everything. Now I don't want to lose the world as I have done so much work into it. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to anything to help fixing the world. There are no crash reports so I don't even know what is causing it. It says this when I try to load the world "Forge Mod Loader detected that the backup level.dat is being used. This may happen due to a bug or corruption, continuing can damage your world beyond repair or lose data/ progress. It is recommened to create a world backup before continuing." And there is a Yes and No button I can click, yes does absolutely nothing and when I click No it brings me back to the main screen of the mudpack. Now since when my first world of this mudpack corruted in on itself and deleted I've been saving backups of the entire world file and I tried importing on of the oldest worlds in and I'd get this corruption/backup level.dat error. Does anyone know how to fix this because I'd like to contuine playing this amazing mudpack and not have to restart. I have made changes to the mudpack. I have twilight forest removed(It is why the first world corrupted and closed in on itself and deleted forever). I also have agricraft config changes to make it so you can get 10/10/10 growth seeds. Besides that the mudpack is unchanged.

Edit: I also have IE configs change so rf power can be converted into EU power for a 10rf into 1 eu conversion. It is a private server this is happening on and I run the server off my computer and I have friends join to play also.
I will look into about old world corruption
Please provide crash report and logs to help me with the crash
i try to fix it in Thx next version

Sorry for the later reply cuz I just getting busy the last few weeks~
There's no guarantee the next version will fix your crash, please post a link to the crash report that should be in this modpack's folder somewhere, if it generated one, which you can upload to http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ and post the link to the crash report here. If someone is able to figure out what went wrong, they'll let you know if there's a way to fix it or what you can do about it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
There is a bug where there are multiple recipes to choose from:

For instance Barley from Biomes'O'Plenty in any two squares of a crafting grid makes one Barley Flour, but, it also makes 2 Pam's Harvestcraft Barley which cannot be turned into flour. Shift-clicking these recipes isn't possible to create the entire stack at once, and I have run into issues making the barley flour one at a time manually where the recipe will change over to 2x Pam's Harvestcraft Barley which is useless for turning into Barley Flour to make bread as it can't make barley flour.

I don't know what mod makes the multiple recipes possible, but it is getting in the way of early-game exploration for me and forcing me to undo mistakes with cheat mode whilst learning how to make the Barley into Barley Flour, I would much prefer one Barley Flour recipe than be able to make Pam's Harvestcraft Barley out of it which can be easily found by finding it's garden it spawns from or by using the Pam's Harvestcraft market. Since Pam's Harvestcraft crops grow fairly easily, it should not be necessary to oredict Biomes'O'Plenty barley over to Pam's Harvestcraft Barley.

Also, it might mean 2x Barley Flour, but consider making the Barley grindable in an AE2 Grindstone, this would be easier overall, I pretty much don't care at all about food early-game, only that the means to acquire it is relatively easy.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Really appreciated for your help to reply those questions for the pack
I just finally finished the busy work in these few weeks and getting back to the pack

My original idea for flour is 2 wheat for 1 flour and you can smelt it into a bread
But I think I miss some recipe for flour and forget to remove it
I will be fix in the next version of the pack~

jkriner1

Jul 29, 2019
In version 1.2.4, getting a bug where crafting oak logs into planks will turn the planks back into logs immediately. Cant seem to find a way to fix this

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
In version 1.2.4, getting a bug where crafting oak logs into planks will turn the planks back into logs immediately. Cant seem to find a way to fix this
this happens at our server, while playing in SP theres not such an error

BigRice1018

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone still playing the modpack, here is a update for you~

AWTS has updated to 1.2.5 on github~
This version is about big bug fixes and discord ingame chatting~

https://github.com/bigrice1018/AnotherWayToStart/releases/tag/1.2.5

CpojzJMVMAAgXp0.jpg