[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey what files do I need to move over when switching from the .1.3 beta to the .1.3 release with and already established world? Will we lose our quest progress and what scripts have been changed?
If you are just moving a world, all you need to do is move the world save folder.

I'm not sure if you'll lose quest progress between 1.3 beta and release, but it's safe to assume you usually will during updates.

I'll be improving the QUEST Admin section in the next update (the very last questline)

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
Heya, I was planning on running a server, which I downloaded from the FTB launcher. However, when I run the ServerStart.bat, I get this error:

2UnaUVt.png

Any ideas?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Heya, I was planning on running a server, which I downloaded from the FTB launcher. However, when I run the ServerStart.bat, I get this error:

2UnaUVt.png

Any ideas?
Hm, you've fully extracted the server zip to its own folder, correct? It looks like its trying to run all that from system32 instead of its own folder.

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. That's wierd. Yeah, it's extracted in it's own folder in my downloads folder.

I opened up the .bat on notepad++, and it doesn't seem to be pointing at system32 on anything that's written there.

mHf8WIe.png

Very strange...

EDIT: I had to run FTBinstall.bat first, apparently. That's what was stopping it.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. That's wierd. Yeah, it's extracted in it's own folder in my downloads folder.

I opened up the .bat on notepad++, and it doesn't seem to be pointing at system32 on anything that's written there.

mHf8WIe.png

Very strange...

EDIT: I had to run FTBinstall.bat first, apparently. That's what was stopping it.
Don't run the file as admin. Admin runs all files from system 32. Might be the issue.

H

honzastastny

Caigan , i think everyone aks but when (totally aprox like mont or weeks) ar you going to release 1.4 ?? this is amazing modpack.
ALso can you make server for it ?? Oficcial ? I played on MyM but they lag and have old 1.2. And i cant find any other servers.
Thanks John

A

Aryssax

Does anyone know why, in my LAN world, everything works perfectly for me, but for my brother who joins the LAN world, every 30-60mins he times out (but doesn't crash)? He has all his settings set to the least-laggy option and doesn't lag often. :/
He's using latest, 64-bit version of Java and running on 3.75GB of RAM set to the FTB Launcher.
Also, after every time he times out it takes 5-10mins for him to log back onto the LAN world which is why this is an annoying problem

Last edited:
K

Kpetru76

hey dude when i deleted the hardcore questing thing for the main world to get into the world and it deleted the world

how can i get the world back

Last edited by a moderator:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
there is another way to get elderich eyes , ive gotten about 30+ of them this pack version(i think), its a very simple other way Murder elderich guardians (if u have de unlocked u can get an elderich guardian soul to slot into a stabilized spawner to generate the guardians for u, u can get souls before u unlock de but without stabizled spawner they have no use(ignoring deeper de) ) there is (at least)one other way to get them to spawn for u

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan , i think everyone aks but when (totally aprox like mont or weeks) ar you going to release 1.4 ?? this is amazing modpack.
I'm not sure. I'd like to get it out before my surgery, but my RL prep work and lead up to it right now is making it fairly hard to focus on working on the pack, not without making more mistakes as I already have.

I'll do my best, but I can make no promises on an update in the next few weeks. If it happens it will happen end of this week or some time next week.

I believe you need the research first.

but for my brother who joins the LAN world, every 30-60mins he times out
That's super odd. Not finding much solutions in an initial search. I'll see what I can find though.

hey dude when i deleted the hardcore questing thing for the main world to get into the world and it deleted the world
It shouldn't have if you only deleted the folder in the instructions.

To get your world back, there is a /backups/ folder in the main folder, where you can find the last few backups of each of your worlds.

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
I want to grow some rice for sushi, and I got rice out of a water garden from Pam's, but I can't seem to craft the rice in a crafting grid to make a rice seed to plant.

I can seem to do this with other pam's things from gardens, is the rice a special recipe or something?

Same with seaweed.

Do I have to breed it in agricraft specifically?

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I can seem to do this with other pam's things from gardens, is the rice a special recipe or something?
Hm, I think Rice is supposed to be able to be planted directly in water, but I'll look into the rice to rice seed thing when I can.

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, I think Rice is supposed to be able to be planted directly in water, but I'll look into the rice to rice seed thing when I can.
Ah, that works. Thanks! I was trying to use agricraft water pads, which it didn't seem to like.

A

Aryssax

By the way, if you're sick of making food, if you find a "Red Pill" in an android house you can become an android which doesn't need to eat, ever. It's super cool and you can get tons of upgrades easily :D

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why, in my LAN world, everything works perfectly for me, but for my brother who joins the LAN world, every 30-60mins he times out (but doesn't crash)? He has all his settings set to the least-laggy option and doesn't lag often. :/
He's using latest, 64-bit version of Java and running on 3.75GB of RAM set to the FTB Launcher.
Also, after every time he times out it takes 5-10mins for him to log back onto the LAN world which is why this is an annoying problem
This all isn't pack specific. I have had LAN issues with pretty much any pack. I did notice loading into a multiplayer instance could take awhile in this one. I noticed disabling the Journeymap mod took the time until I got a playable framerate down a lot.

Is your LAN world a server or a single player game open to LAN? I have had lots of issues with LAN games that playing on a server fixed. The game is supposed to be setup so that it is always in server client mode now. I found that in practice single player still runs things a little differently. Like saving the main player in level.dat. Even though it shouldn't do that any more. I have had a lot of crashes just trying to look stuff up in NEI on LAN. While I never had the issue in single player or on a server. My computer isn't all that good, yet I still haven't found the pack I can't run a server on it as well as the client. Vaygrim's Chance might be the exception. I get almost no framerate in that. Though adding fastcraft did help a little.

Are both you computers using the same OS? I did notice that Minecraft ran a lot smoother on Linux. On Windows I get frequent complete freeze ups that last a few seconds before the game recovers, and GPU driver crashes. I didn't notice either issue on Linux. Of course I didn't play minecraft for very long on it. Java might be a issue to. Curse still uses java 1.8.0_25 by default. Even though the current version is 1.8.0_91. I am not for sure which one if any are optimal for minecraft though.

Biggest thing is, if you are up for it, Try backing up and transferring your save to a server install on your computer and running that. It is pretty easy to do and might help.

I did notice that computer ability can be key too. I tried playing in someones game when one of the computers could barely even run minecraft. Disconnects and desyncs happened a lot then. I never really got that remedied.

Just noticed the FTB launcher part. It could be connection then. Thinking it might just be that it is LAN.

A

Aryssax

This all isn't pack specific. I have had LAN issues with pretty much any pack. I did notice loading into a multiplayer instance could take awhile in this one. I noticed disabling the Journeymap mod took the time until I got a playable framerate down a lot.

Is your LAN world a server or a single player game open to LAN? I have had lots of issues with LAN games that playing on a server fixed. The game is supposed to be setup so that it is always in server client mode now. I found that in practice single player still runs things a little differently. Like saving the main player in level.dat. Even though it shouldn't do that any more. I have had a lot of crashes just trying to look stuff up in NEI on LAN. While I never had the issue in single player or on a server. My computer isn't all that good, yet I still haven't found the pack I can't run a server on it as well as the client. Vaygrim's Chance might be the exception. I get almost no framerate in that. Though adding fastcraft did help a little.

Are both you computers using the same OS? I did notice that Minecraft ran a lot smoother on Linux. On Windows I get frequent complete freeze ups that last a few seconds before the game recovers, and GPU driver crashes. I didn't notice either issue on Linux. Of course I didn't play minecraft for very long on it. Java might be a issue to. Curse still uses java 1.8.0_25 by default. Even though the current version is 1.8.0_91. I am not for sure which one if any are optimal for minecraft though.

Biggest thing is, if you are up for it, Try backing up and transferring your save to a server install on your computer and running that. It is pretty easy to do and might help.

I did notice that computer ability can be key too. I tried playing in someones game when one of the computers could barely even run minecraft. Disconnects and desyncs happened a lot then. I never really got that remedied.

Just noticed the FTB launcher part. It could be connection then. Thinking it might just be that it is LAN.

Firstly, it's a single-player game open to LAN, not a server and we are using different types of computer (Mine being a Mac and his being a PC using Windows 10 and it's a good computer so he never usually lags).
He'll try disabling the Journeymap mod and I'll try saving my player data in level.dat, if that doesn't work I'll say.
Thank you very much for the help though! :)

Reactions: DeathOfTime