[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Doh!

I think the ideal solution would be to add a new kind of "double plate" to the metal press for each metal, and allow these to be used in place of the tfc double sheets in every recipe. But that would probably be a lot of work.

The TFCTech Addon already does that. Too bad its whats causing .98 to break :(

By the way I just crafted a steam-driven wingpack (which wasn't easy!), but it seems like there is no way to fill the canister to fuel it. Argh! (You did mention earlier that the block that fills those canisters crashes the game.)

Yes, but I think they can be filled using the bottler and railcraft steam.

O

Obuw

Ah, I tried right clicking an openblock tank full of steam but didn't work, let me try the bottler...

Hurray it works!

O

orangeTF

Hey, OneWolfe. I don't have the option to download a TerraFirmaPunk server, can you help me with that? I read somewhere that you could make a server but I can't find it.

C

Cralis

could i ask how you set this server up?

I downloaded the server from the FTB launcher. When I ran it, however, it didn't download any of the stuff it needed. So I grabbed the "libraries" directory from another FTB server (SimplyMagic, to be specific). Then I took all of my eula, whitelist, op list, etc. text files and added them.

Then I ran the server once to generate all the directories. Closed it (actually, it err'd out for me, how nice).

I then changed the server properties to what I wanted. Changed any configs (none, at this point).

Then I ran it again. It worked.

The TFCTech Addon already does that. Too bad its whats causing .98 to break :(

Except, if you download the new version it doesn't break it anymore...

Deterlo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
This is my first Modpack with TFC, started at a beach and explored a bit. Sticks, rocks, rice, clay, a few pigs, nice enough for getting to know the very basics of TFC. Then I wanted to make my first copper tools, after I got bored with the pan (shouldn't copper be more common than then platimun) I explored some more. I was on an Island with no copper, no fruit trees, no breeding pair of cows and sheeps.
The next 10 worlds I tried, i also started on an island, more often than not smaller than my original one. At least I saw some of the structures I might one day explore.

Was that extreme bad luck, or is TFC Worldgen favoring islands? Has someone a none-island seed for the current version? Having to generate to many chunks in a short time tends to crash my game

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
This is my first Modpack with TFC, started at a beach and explored a bit. Sticks, rocks, rice, clay, a few pigs, nice enough for getting to know the very basics of TFC. Then I wanted to make my first copper tools, after I got bored with the pan (shouldn't copper be more common than then platimun) I explored some more. I was on an Island with no copper, no fruit trees, no breeding pair of cows and sheeps.
The next 10 worlds I tried, i also started on an island, more often than not smaller than my original one. At least I saw some of the structures I might one day explore.

Was that extreme bad luck, or is TFC Worldgen favoring islands? Has someone a none-island seed for the current version? Having to generate to many chunks in a short time tends to crash my game

You wil have to travel much more to find the stuff you need. Also a lot of minerals are not always clearly to see.
It took me to check about 1200-1500 blocks² to finde one veine of copper. I have tons of iron around though.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
how long will it take for sheep to regrwoth their wool? Cause at this moment, my sheep dont seem to like the "dry grass" that spawns on my plains biom ...

O

Obuw

Not bad luck at all, TFC is balanced around mass multiplayer, so when you play singleplayer, you'll often have to travel 1000+ blocks before even stumbling onto a type of rock that can contain copper. Go to NEI and check which kinds of gravel can be sieved for tetrahedrite, then find that rock type on the surface and prospect there (whereever you find nuggets).

You'll probably have to use creative flight and teleport between journeymap waypoints unless you like playing walking simulator for 95% of your playtime.

Oh, as for animals, in my previous 3 tfc games I have not encountered a single chicken, cow, sheep or pig. And I once travelled 20000+ blocks searching for them (their presence is dependent on latitude). This modpack is the first time I have seen them. Consider yourself lucky id you can find any animals at all. :p

Deterlo

Jul 29, 2019
I finally started in a nice, big plain. No Ocean withhin a days walking distance. One tree (from twillight forest). I think I will try using Waypoints, just felt a bit cheaty, with TFCs limited capabilities to store and carry stuff early game (and archimedes in the pack). Thanks

M

MidnightRein

Hi

Heyo! My seed is 7142153095438868829
It spawned me next to a beach with a pretty hefty clay deposit near by, so you can dig into there for shelter until you find some metal. There's a bit of copper ore in the ocean near by, and if you wander within a few chunks you should find plenty of native nuggets floating around.
Sheep tend to spawn fairly frequently, there's a spawn location up on the top of the mountains in the area each, and there's a few structures in the immediate area. There's a couple pigs that spawn on the main continent near the Tiki Statue. It's not a bad location at all.

H

Healer35

Hello guys, we are trying, with some friends, to create a TermaFirmaPunk server and play together, but we cannot download the server pack on the FTB launcher, anyone got an idea or tips to run a server with this modpack ? Thanks

Deterlo

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo! My seed is 7142153095438868829
Looks like a nice start, however I have already a nice collection of crops in my current world and could go directly to bronze when I finally find some copper. I hope I don`t have to restart, would probaply try to teleport again first

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a nice start, however I have already a nice collection of crops in my current world and could go directly to bronze when I finally find some copper. I hope I don`t have to restart, would probaply try to teleport again first

Try checking the ocean floors for copper baring rock types.

C

Cralis

Another bug. I didn't realize it, but does TFC have a 'number of days' until a tree grows? I had a couple trees that were on 2 or 3 days left to grow and now they are 6 and 8. Is it resetting or something?

Also, does TFC sand and gravel work with the Ex Nihilo sieve? Because I push it through and it doesn't do anything and the number of sand or gravel I'm holding in the stack does not change.

I found a "ruin" that looked like a building full of levers and it had rails outside, but it had regular Minecraft dirt under it. I was able to use that dirt in Ex Nihilo, and it gave me an acorn and birch seeds. I grew those trees... the TFC ax doesn't chop them down (only one block at a time) and when you put the wood in your inventory, it says "oak" but looks like Jungle wood. When you pick it up, it looks like oak.

But at least you can't convert them to planks. That would have been a bad cheat :)

Last edited:
C

Cralis

I've tested chert, shale, and conglomerate dirt and gravel do not work with the ex nihilo sieve in .98

Also, I don't know if this is something you can change: but when the ignot molds are poured they tell you how hot they are. The tool mods don't tell you how hot they are (leaving you guessing how long until you can break them)

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, none of the dirt works in the sieve, NEI is pretty obvious about that :p I just never thought of anything worth putting in them. And no, seeds are not worth putting into the sieve. This isnt a skyblock pack, and there are already dozens of ways to get seeds other than picking them up off the ground.

lazybone92

Jul 29, 2019
There is a visual glitch with the TFC additions textures causing them to go invisible, which you can imagine is not very good since all the dungeons are filled with it. Anyway to replace them? I have a feeling the extra connected textures is giving me and optifine a hard time. Tried multiple versions of both your mod and optifine, turned off connected textures but nothing helps.
2016-04-25_01.17.22.png
2016-04-25_01.17.24.png

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
There is a visual glitch with the TFC additions textures causing them to go invisible, which you can imagine is not very good since all the dungeons are filled with it. Anyway to replace them? I have a feeling the extra connected textures is giving me and optifine a hard time. Tried multiple versions of both your mod and optifine, turned off connected textures but nothing helps.

I tend to get alot of that when I Dont use optifine :(