[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

C

ColdComfort

Well this pack looks fascinating. Anyone recommending a whitelisted server with this pack? The last server I was on had TFC with advancedMobs and progression, so should be similar.
I've got one up as well, though it's not whitelisted. (Not that that's come up yet... So far I've seen 1 other person join, for all of 5 minutes.)

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I've got one up as well, though it's not whitelisted. (Not that that's come up yet... So far I've seen 1 other person join, for all of 5 minutes.)
Well I am definitely up for checking it out. It doesn't matter too much if it's whitelisted. It just helps to protect invested time. Nothing worse than someone stealing 48 hrs of work. Well actually only crickets and zombies for company but I think that's more of a personal dilemma.

J

JAWolfe

Alright. I couldn't fit the java 8 crash in my last one. And since I'm fairly used to everything running on java 7: that was the first one I wanted to get solved. Thank you for clearing that up for me :) though here's the java 8 crash report:

I know you said it is java 8, but the crash log says, 1.7.0_55.

So if you are using the FTB launcher, there seems to be some kind of bug where it says you are using one type of java, but in fact the java path and log say otherwise. To fix this, simply delete the java path in the advance options.

Try doing this and if it crashes again, post that log.

G

Greasy

New problem. I am unable to craft the wooden cogwheels for cogs of the machine due to a recipe conflict. 4 lumber with a saw gives 2 Bibliocraft framing sheets instead of 2 cogwheels.

I'm also interested in a small server if you're willing to share the ip.

Reactions: OneWolfe
O

Obuw

Okay so I managed to rescue my world. Apparently to remove an item from your inventory, you need to edit the level.dat file, the dat file in the playerdata folder is useless (gets overwritten when you load the world). Hurray.

Saw some ooze liquid lying around 15 seconds afterwards. Yeahhh I don't think I'll try picking that up. :p

I think the only other way to pick up any liquid in this pack is the IE fluid pump, I'll be sure to try that on the pure lava / ooze when I get one of those, probably after backing up my world. :p

C

ColdComfort

New problem. I am unable to craft the wooden cogwheels for cogs of the machine due to a recipe conflict. 4 lumber with a saw gives 2 Bibliocraft framing sheets instead of 2 cogwheels.

Definitely! It's actually in my forum signature: gloomia.playat.ch

w1nterdemon

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said it is java 8, but the crash log says, 1.7.0_55.

So if you are using the FTB launcher, there seems to be some kind of bug where it says you are using one type of java, but in fact the java path and log say otherwise. To fix this, simply delete the java path in the advance options.

Try doing this and if it crashes again, post that log.

Thank you. I went through my files and found that what seemed to be 4 sets of java 8, was actually 3 sets of java 7 with the last one as the true java 8. Though in feed the beast they all registered as the same version :<. I appologise for my inexperience.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

This should have been fixed in .98 and should still be fixed once .99 comes out some time this weekend.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I managed to rescue my world. Apparently to remove an item from your inventory, you need to edit the level.dat file, the dat file in the playerdata folder is useless (gets overwritten when you load the world). Hurray.

Saw some ooze liquid lying around 15 seconds afterwards. Yeahhh I don't think I'll try picking that up. :p

I think the only other way to pick up any liquid in this pack is the IE fluid pump, I'll be sure to try that on the pure lava / ooze when I get one of those, probably after backing up my world. :p

Glad you were able to get it fixed. I would hate to loose such gallant beta tester :D

M

MidnightRein

In my experience, it seems much better, though that could just be that I'm hiding in a lake. That said, they aren't spawning nightly on the roof of my house, so I consider that a major improvement.

Also, if you have enemies camping on an area, one strategy is to just run far away, and then come back after they've despawned.

Ah, yeah, that would make sense.
I'm currently on the edge of the ocean, found a large deposit of clay that I've dug myself into since apparently it isn't effected by gravity. Taking a few steps out of the immediate chunks spawns crabs on/around my house though too, so I might have to update then.

Insanoodr

Jul 29, 2019
hey so um i should probably look around to figure this out but trying to set up a little lan server for just me and my sister but cant figure out how to download the server as the button on the launcher doesn't work and there's no link here. could someone please help me out?

C

Cralis

My server is a local server for my family. It's not on a machine with enough RAM or power to have more than a couple players. My apologies. I'm primarily using it to test since this pack has caught my attention. My daughter's computer lags out and crashes when she gets near a forest due to all the falling leaf trees...

Speaking of which, are there other kinds of forests with other kinds of trees?

OneWolfe: the TFC forum is no longer letting me view it without registering, so I can't see what he's saying over there...

Insanoodr

Jul 29, 2019
My server is a local server for my family. It's not on a machine with enough RAM or power to have more than a couple players. My apologies. I'm primarily using it to test since this pack has caught my attention. My daughter's computer lags out and crashes when she gets near a forest due to all the falling leaf trees...

OneWolfe: the TFC forum is no longer letting me view it without registering, so I can't see what he's saying over there...

could i ask how you set this server up?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

For your daughter's computer, try disabling Better Foliage and install Optifine. Both are client side only mods and should not effect the server at all.

Yes there are a huge variety of trees and forests in TFC and they are usually dependent on temperature and humidity. So a Hot & Dry region will have certain kinds of trees while a Cold & Wet region will contain a very different group of trees.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh by the way, you can duplicate any metal by putting the double ingot into a metal press, then melting the resulting double plate into 4 ingots.

Today I went looking for a way to fix this but so for I do not see which plates are doing this? Or at least show me which mod the plates are coming from? Its my guess that they are the Dense Plates from TFCTech?

O

Obuw

Sorry I meant double sheets (I think?) The ones from vanilla TFC.

Also works for any of the metal ingots that can be pressed into single sheets (all the tfc metals that don't have an equivalent in other mods, like bismuth, black bronze, blue steel, etc).

I was reluctant to even report this at first, because the fix will probably involve disabling those recipes, which kinda sucks because these recipes are the only reason you'd make a metal press (to be able to make cheap plates, not to dupe your ingots :p). I think it might be better to make double plates smelt down into 2 ingots each instead of removing the metal press recipes.

Or maybe you have a better fix in mind. :p

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I meant double sheets (I think?) The ones from vanilla TFC.

Also works for any of the metal ingots that can be pressed into single sheets (all the tfc metals that don't have an equivalent in other mods, like bismuth, black bronze, blue steel, etc).

I was reluctant to even report this at first, because the fix will probably involve disabling those recipes, which kinda sucks because these recipes are the only reason you'd make a metal press (to be able to make cheap plates, not to dupe your ingots :p). I think it might be better to make double plates smelt down into 2 ingots each instead of removing the metal press recipes.

Or maybe you have a better fix in mind. :p

Well, changing the Metal Press recipes is pretty easy, while changing the crucible recipes is nearly impossible, so I only have one choice where I can change them. However TFCTech should have a balanced solution for this. Please let me know after the next update hits the launcher.

EDIT: Looks like I actually can remove the crucible recipes :D
EDIT: Unfortunately I am unable to add the Crucible recipes back :(

Last edited:
O

Obuw

Well, changing the Metal Press recipes is pretty easy, while changing the crucible recipes is nearly impossible, so I only have one choice where I can change them. However TFCTech should have a balanced solution for this. Please let me know after the next update hits the launcher.

EDIT: Looks like I actually can remove the crucible recipes :D
EDIT: Unfortunately I am unable to add the Crucible recipes back :(

Doh!

I think the ideal solution would be to add a new kind of "double plate" to the metal press for each metal, and allow these to be used in place of the tfc double sheets in every recipe. But that would probably be a lot of work.

By the way I just crafted a steam-driven wingpack (which wasn't easy!), but it seems like there is no way to fill the canister to fuel it. Argh! (You did mention earlier that the block that fills those canisters crashes the game.)