FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all. I have a quick question. Not sure if this is a bug or not but it almost seems like one. I have been enjoying the new skyblock pack and recently decided to try and use the Autonomous Activator from TE to automate some things. So I have a block placer putting down a piece of cobblestone. I have setup the AA with a stone hammer and set the OUTPUT(orange) to the rear per the configuration tab. However once the cobblestone breaks it just drops randomly in the world just like it would do if I had used a hammer on it myself. I have tried a chest in the back as well as pipes and it just seems to ignore the config tab settings completely. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance!

Not a bug, it's the normal behavior of the AA as it only uses the item as if a player uses it and a player doesn't pick up the results of the hammer use automatically unlike say using a bucket on water. use a vacuum hopper, transfer node with world interaction upgrade or some other item to pick up the results. Or one of the more automatic forms of hammering.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh. It seems like every time I start I switch between getting Tinkers' Construct Aluminum and Immersive Engineering Aluminum out of my Redstone Furnace. I don't suppose anyone knows a way to combat this? I tried the Unifier, and it doesn't seem to be functioning (at least for the Aluminum, it turns my MFR rubber into IC2 rubber just fine.)

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I actually believe IC2 explosions were disabled by the IC2 team for 1.7.10 and not as a config option, though it might default to disabled. Can't think of any pack that has it enabled. maybe I've just been lucky but the IC2 non electric wrench hasn't failed to give me back the machine yet either in this pack.

I've actually got most of my main IC2 machines hooked up to Immersive Engineering's HV wire connectors.
FYI you can just use a dolly to move IC2 machines.

BTW has anyone tried adding a modifer to a tinkers tool? i know you start with 0 and you have to level your tool to gain modifers but i have 2 avaiable and tried adding another with diamond and gold block and it didnt work

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Dolly, interesting. still need to make one but it might be useful.

I think they disabled adding modifiers manually so you are forced to level up the tools if you want more. Personally I'm just using other mods tools and enchanting it. Debating whether I want to use my mob farm to create a really powerful tinker's weapon or not.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
BTW has anyone tried adding a modifer to a tinkers tool? i know you start with 0 and you have to level your tool to gain modifers but i have 2 avaiable and tried adding another with diamond and gold block and it didnt work
It's disabled yeah, just looked at the config and it's set so that every level up will give you an extra modifier slot and you can level up 15 times so if you put effort in you'll get far, far more than you ever would normally. The catch is they apparently set it so level up xp doubles every level which is far steeper than normal.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Sigh. It seems like every time I start I switch between getting Tinkers' Construct Aluminum and Immersive Engineering Aluminum out of my Redstone Furnace. I don't suppose anyone knows a way to combat this? I tried the Unifier, and it doesn't seem to be functioning (at least for the Aluminum, it turns my MFR rubber into IC2 rubber just fine.)
dump it into a drawer, they will auto convert using the ore dict.

For logistics pipes you may need to add a ore dict item sink to force a destination to be available.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How am I supposed to get a Division Sigil, so I can do the midnight ritual and get some Cursed Earth? The sigil isn't craftable and says it's only found in dungeon chests, which don't exist in this pack.

FYI you can just use a dolly to move IC2 machines.

True, I forgot about that, old habits die hard, I already made my Electric Wrench, it's practically the first thing I do in IC2 - "Remember - Safety First"!! I can still remember each time I silk-touched an MFSU filled to the brim with a bazillion EU, with the remnants lying on the floor in front of me. Ah, memories!

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The sigil has a high chance of dropping from the wither, not that that's too easy but it's reliable.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The sigil has a high chance of dropping from the wither, not that that's too easy but it's reliable.

Oh that's right, geez, how quickly I forget these things. Thanks. Guess that means no cursed earth for a long while. So be it.

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
I noticed many times division sigil and ender lily seeds are supposed to be found in dungeons, specifically old dungeons, but I have never seen them in dungeons at all. In fact most of the ender lily seeds I have found were in a chest under a spider infected tree.( powered spawners makes the seeds redundant) So I have never been able to assume those declarations about where to find stuff as gospel.
Also, I remember somebody crafting a "wither Proof" chamber once to make killing them easier, but I do not remember how it was done.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
There's numerous methods to kill a wither, one of which is to go to the ceiling in the nether... which makes me wonder what's up there now, in this skyblock modpack that is filled with utter emptiness where entire worlds used to be... sigh.

But I prefer to wait until I can make the Draconic Grinder, because that thing makes killing withers almost trivial.

Still not loving this modpack (due to all the emptiness), but I am grinding thru it. Without citing specific examples, I'm finding this expert-mode modpack much easier than the non-skyblock Infinity Evolved was... but not sure if that's because I'm more familiar with how to proceed, or if this Ex Nihilo stuff is too overpowered and too easy to get materials.

I think the folks who love this modpack the most are the server operators. What's bad for the player (removal of entire worlds) is good for the server, obviously. And that's a shame, but it is what it is.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
dump it into a drawer, they will auto convert using the ore dict.

For logistics pipes you may need to add a ore dict item sink to force a destination to be available.
Yeah, I'm using logistics pipes pumping into a drawer controller with a polymorphic item sink, and if the aluminum happens to be the wrong type it ends up in a chest. I suppose I can try adding an ore dic item sink as well and see if that fixes it. It's just annoying that it keeps switching types (which as I understand it has something to do with load order, correct?)

Anyway, got my greatwood sapling (504 skulls apparently makes for a perfectly stable infusion altar...) and started my iridium running in the assembly table. Kind of annoyed with some of the changes to magic stuff (mostly because I don't care for witchery) and not sure how I'm supposed to get the Crimson Rites book or primordial pearls. I guess I have to just keep researching, and hope something turns up.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
It's disabled yeah, just looked at the config and it's set so that every level up will give you an extra modifier slot and you can level up 15 times so if you put effort in you'll get far, far more than you ever would normally. The catch is they apparently set it so level up xp doubles every level which is far steeper than normal.
Knew about them disabling having modifers but didnt know you couldnt add any, at least they set the bar high on what you can get, guess ill just set up some automatic way to level them up prob w/ a mob farm,

There's numerous methods to kill a wither, one of which is to go to the ceiling in the nether... which makes me wonder what's up there now, in this skyblock modpack that is filled with utter emptiness where entire worlds used to be... sigh.

But I prefer to wait until I can make the Draconic Grinder, because that thing makes killing withers almost trivial.

Still not loving this modpack (due to all the emptiness), but I am grinding thru it. Without citing specific examples, I'm finding this expert-mode modpack much easier than the non-skyblock Infinity Evolved was... but not sure if that's because I'm more familiar with how to proceed, or if this Ex Nihilo stuff is too overpowered and too easy to get materials.

I think the folks who love this modpack the most are the server operators. What's bad for the player (removal of entire worlds) is good for the server, obviously. And that's a shame, but it is what it is.

I love this pack and im not a server operator. Skyblock can be easier depending how you think about it. Early game you can set up a mob farm right away so you can get bone mean which makes that early tree grind not as bad but also we are familiar with what is needed early game where before when the non skyblock came out it was a whole new procedure for us . Then after a lot of manual sieving you can get an automatic sieve setup and you'll have resources coming in non stop, similar to a quarry which you wont get any time soon in non skyblock. Automation will make anything OP and automation is the core of skyblock.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

You'll need a few netherstars to create a draconic grinder (chick-egg anyone?)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Help! How come my Agricraft netherwart says "This plant can not grow here" when I put it on soul sand with crop sticks? Trying to get the mutation for mushrooms by crossing netherwart with poppy and carrot. I see my garden is in a desert, not that it seems to matter, and especially since netherwart should love hot conditions.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Skyblock can be easier depending how you think about it.

In Skyblock, I've got a full NanoSuit on Day #3, and here on Day #4 I see I could easily upgrade the Chestplate to have a jetpack as well. But since there's little reason to fly anywhere, I've spent the day doing other, more important, things... such as working on IC nukes to make that all-important Plutonium.

Non-skyblock, it was more like the fourth week of play that I got the NanoSuit with jetpack, not the fourth day. LOL

I play on a server, and I'm beginning to really wonder if I'm playing expert mode or not. I just realized the Applied Energistics ME Controller doesn't even require an RTG pellet. No wonder this pack seems so much easier... how can I tell which version we're playing? sigh

OMFG, nevermind, I'm def playing expert - have a look at the recipe for "Certus Quartz Wrench". LOL Well... that's one way to "padlock" the AE2 stuff. sigh sigh sigh and sigh again hahaha

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
1. Ignoring the Forestry mod (bees, and I think trees as well, are biome-dependent at least for breeding), is there any benefit, or drawback, to any of the biomes in Skyblock? We can also ignore the obvious answer, "it doesn't rain in desert biomes which might cause a problem". I'm looking for non-obvious answers. I don't think biome matters very much in skyblock, is that accurate?

2. I have "Savannah Plateau" next to my starting point, so the modpack isn't using vanilla biomes? What mod is it using for worldgen, and what are the best biomes in that mod in terms of Skyblock (see question 1)?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Help! How come my Agricraft netherwart says "This plant can not grow here" when I put it on soul sand with crop sticks? Trying to get the mutation for mushrooms by crossing netherwart with poppy and carrot. I see my garden is in a desert, not that it seems to matter, and especially since netherwart should love hot conditions.

netherwart and mushroom needs to be grown in a dark room. If you are breeding it with something such as a carrot you can grow the carrot then put a box around the crops to grow the netherwart

In Skyblock, I've got a full NanoSuit on Day #3, and here on Day #4 I see I could easily upgrade the Chestplate to have a jetpack as well. But since there's little reason to fly anywhere, I've spent the day doing other, more important, things... such as working on IC nukes to make that all-important Plutonium.

Non-skyblock, it was more like the fourth week of play that I got the NanoSuit with jetpack, not the fourth day. LOL

I play on a server, and I'm beginning to really wonder if I'm playing expert mode or not. I just realized the Applied Energistics ME Controller doesn't even require an RTG pellet. No wonder this pack seems so much easier... how can I tell which version we're playing? sigh

OMFG, nevermind, I'm def playing expert - have a look at the recipe for "Certus Quartz Wrench". LOL Well... that's one way to "padlock" the AE2 stuff. sigh sigh sigh and sigh again hahaha

This goes back to what i said tho anything will be OP when automated. By day 4 you should have auto sieves which is getting you resources while you work on other stuff. Technically you can get nanosuit w/ armor on day 1 in non skyblock if you're quick enough. Recipes are the same between packs(other than ae stuff they changed to the wrench as mentioned) so its not the pack is "easier" but you technically have a slow quarry early game. Also i know when i played the non skyblock the first time around it took me forever to do even basic things and after a month the server died down, right before skyblock was released i played on another non skyblock infinity expert server and within a week i was already farther than i was in the month i played last time. We know what to expect so everything will seem easier. Just my view on this :D

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Good analysis Dkittrell, I guess not having to deal with that Ender Quarry and build up the power generation to be able to run it really changes things in quite a large manner. Players on our server seem to be enjoying things a bit more than the previous Expert version of the modpack. I guess I have more patience than others, and more time to devote to playing, but that puts me in the distinct minority. For the majority, Skyblock's faster progression probably means more fun (because less grind).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I post this at great risk to the enjoyment of others, so I'll put it in a spoiler - it's what I would term an exploit to obtain a somewhat difficult item, soul sand. In my opinion there should be a recipe change.

I used a bit of what I would term an exploit to generate my initial quantity of soul sand. Browsing thru NEI, soul sand seems intended to be made in a Barrel, by combining sand with some kind of Witches brew... which in turn is made in a Barrel by combining water and mushroom stew. Thus, I set out to make mushroom spores via Agricraft for making that stew.

However, I soon also realized there's another way - by putting Railcraft Blast Furnace Brick into a Rock Crusher. Most likely, the Railcraft recipe used to require soul sand (prior to Expert-mode recipe changes), and therefore the Rock Crusher outputs both Soul Sand as well as Nether Brick. But that's an exploit in some ways, because you don't use Soul Sand to make the Blast Furnace Bricks, all you need is TNT (gunpowder and sand) and regular clay bricks. Usually, when crushing (or otherwise recycling) items, you get back what you put in (in terms of its recipe). In this case, you wouldn't get much back at all besides sand, since TNT emerging intact from the Rock Crusher would be pretty LOL. :) Sorry if this ruins anyone's fun if it results in a recipe change. I can't say I was disappointed to utilize it!