Announcing FTB Infinity Evolved, FTB Tweaks, and FTB Utilities.

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
You could have an admin claim it, I guess...
although, if i do that will people still be able to play (break, place and use blocks) in that area if they've not friended me(as i'm admin)? if possible i'd like to also request claiming by using coords in a command rather than walking around claiming individual chunks;)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
although, if i do that will people still be able to play (break, place and use blocks) in that area if they've not friended me(as i'm admin)? if possible i'd like to also request claiming by using coords in a command rather than walking around claiming individual chunks;)
I've no idea. I'm not at all familiar with FTBU myself.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I think 1.8.9 already died. Almost all mod development and even FTB are focused on 1.9

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I watch several developers on Twitch and Beam... Most of them are doing both 1.8.9 and 1.9 versions, especially if they are updating from 1.7.10, although a few are writing new packs for both versions.

Apparently it's super easy (right now) to update from 1.8.9 to 1.9, so many are updating to 1.8.9 first since Forge for 1.8.9 is stable now, and testing compatibility with Forge for 1.9 as new builds are released. Since 1.8.9 packs are being worked on now the determining factor with packs will be a stable release of Forge for 1.9

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I watch several developers on Twitch and Beam... Most of them are doing both 1.8.9 and 1.9 versions, especially if they are updating from 1.7.10, although a few are writing new packs for both versions.

Apparently it's super easy (right now) to update from 1.8.9 to 1.9, so many are updating to 1.8.9 first since Forge for 1.8.9 is stable now, and testing compatibility with Forge for 1.9 as new builds are released. Since 1.8.9 packs are being worked on now the determining factor with packs will be a stable release of Forge for 1.9
And also a stable non-buggy version of vanilla in 1.9

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

A

Arturets

Hey, can anyone explain to me how to add other mods to this modpack (I want Veinminer most of all). I have spent like past 3-4 hours trying to figure it out. I have also had trouble adding side mods to like 4 other modpacks in ATLauncher. I am on MacBook Pro 15". Please help me!!

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, can anyone explain to me how to add other mods to this modpack (I want Veinminer most of all). I have spent like past 3-4 hours trying to figure it out. I have also had trouble adding side mods to like 4 other modpacks in ATLauncher. I am on MacBook Pro 15". Please help me!!
Be sure you unlocked the pack in the launcher. After doing that, open the folder and drag the mods in.

phit

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way of disableing the spawn area on FTB utilities i want to use Essentials spawn point
set spawn-protection=0 in the server.properties, ftb utilities spawn area bscly just displays the vanilla spawn protection

ExDomino

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity Evolved disabled the World Anchor, but not other chunk loaders. Is there a reason to do that? Is it about a risk of crash or a risk of corrupted chunks? Because I would like to re-enable them, but it is possible without any problem?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
FTB Infinity Evolved disabled the World Anchor, but not other chunk loaders. Is there a reason to do that? Is it about a risk of crash or a risk of corrupted chunks? Because I would like to re-enable them, but it is possible without any problem?
That's most likely because FTB Utilities adds its own method of loading chunks. While I've never used that particular feature, so I don't know precisely how to use it, when you open your inventory, FTBU adds some buttons on the side of the screen, the guidebook among them. One of the other buttons opens a map; that's the one you want. You'll be able to click (or right-click? double-click? No idea) on the map to claim that particular chunk, then again to chunkload it. There's a limit to how many chunks you can load this way, which gives server admins better control over how their players load chunks than conventional chunkloaders allow.

There are no serious issues (that I'm aware of) relating to chunkloaders; they just disabled world anchors and ChickenChunks and the like because they now have their own system. Is it always better than older methods of chunkloading 100% of the time? I doubt it- that's why they left ChickenChunks in the pack, but disabled by default. If you want you old chunkloaders back, you should be able to go into Railcraft's config file and enable the world anchors there, or just enable ChickenChunks from the Edit Modpack screen or whatever the Curse launcher's equivalent of that is.

Speaking of which, is there a way to craft Railcraft's Anchor Carts? Because those things do actually have functionality that FTBU cannot replicate- the ability to move and keep Railcraft trains from rolling into unloaded chunks and breaking.

Reactions: Hambeau

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That's most likely because FTB Utilities adds its own method of loading chunks. While I've never used that particular feature, so I don't know precisely how to use it, when you open your inventory, FTBU adds some buttons on the side of the screen, the guidebook among them. One of the other buttons opens a map; that's the one you want. You'll be able to click (or right-click? double-click? No idea) on the map to claim that particular chunk, then again to chunkload it. There's a limit to how many chunks you can load this way, which gives server admins better control over how their players load chunks than conventional chunkloaders allow.

There are no serious issues (that I'm aware of) relating to chunkloaders; they just disabled world anchors and ChickenChunks and the like because they now have their own system. Is it always better than older methods of chunkloading 100% of the time? I doubt it- that's why they left ChickenChunks in the pack, but disabled by default. If you want you old chunkloaders back, you should be able to go into Railcraft's config file and enable the world anchors there, or just enable ChickenChunks from the Edit Modpack screen or whatever the Curse launcher's equivalent of that is.

Speaking of which, is there a way to craft Railcraft's Anchor Carts? Because those things do actually have functionality that FTBU cannot replicate- the ability to move and keep Railcraft trains from rolling into unloaded chunks and breaking.

The reason all the other chunkloaders were disabled was that they were found to be a leading cause of server lag when used by multiple people unchecked. I think there are one or two left but require a hefty price (Ender pearls) to run and are configured to automatically shut down when the player logs off.

ExDomino

Jul 29, 2019
May I update from 2.5.0 to 2.6.0 without lost my map?

Also, FTB Infinity Evolved 2.6.0 introduced ChickenChunks, so the re-enabling of Railcraft's World Anchor should not be a problem?
We have a dedicated server (Xeon 1225 v2) with 32 GB of RAM, so we can handle them. I'm just worried about possible chunk corrumption.

Thank you in advance!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
May I update from 2.5.0 to 2.6.0 without lost my map?

Also, FTB Infinity Evolved 2.6.0 introduced ChickenChunks, so the re-enabling of Railcraft's World Anchor should not be a problem?
We have a dedicated server (Xeon 1225 v2) with 32 GB of RAM, so we can handle them. I'm just worried about possible chunk corrumption.

Thank you in advance!

Yes you should be able to update. But, ALWAYS backup your save/world folder before you update the pack. As for the chunk loaders, you should be able to enable them as well. But I would wait until you know the pack and world are stable on the new version before you enable extra mods. Again ALWAYS backup before you make changes like enabling a mod.