Trials of Murder [GAME THREAD]

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
Just so I'm clear: Are you saying you find goreae suspicious?
Yeah, it feels kind of weird that the wolfs didn't try anything on him just yet.

It could be that the other two wolfs weren't called out in one of his posts yet, so they don't feel threaten - If that's the case that the the other two (or at least one of them) is one of the more active players right now. Or he's part of the wolfs and had been carefully leading the lynch towards the town - Admittedly that would had been easier to see if he had been tried later on in the game, so I should have waited a bit more before accusing him.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Yeah, it feels kind of weird that the wolfs didn't try anything on him just yet.

It could be that the other two wolfs weren't called out in one of his posts yet, so they don't feel threaten - If that's the case that the the other two (or at least one of them) is one of the more active players right now. Or he's part of the wolfs and had been carefully leading the lynch towards the town - Admittedly that would had been easier to see if he had been tried later on in the game, so I should have waited a bit more before accusing him.
Not sure how to defend against this. Sorry for not getting eaten I guess?

Reactions: Pyure

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Just got to a quiet place I can mull over everything.
Hah what a total clusterfuck last night. Vike didn't even need to say anything, ppl just started voting guilty for no reason. And town totally deserves what happened because we laid out a very simple, honest and logical explanation for the best course of action.

Eru even made a pretty speech about how black is white before doing so. I have no notion how I'm going to defend that guy.

In short: lol :p
Okay last night was a disaster. I have no defense for how that turned out, it was a poorly judged call on my part. Still, that's the same line of "reasoning" I'm trying to use on all the parties, for lack of hard facts.
Now, I'd like to put eruantien on trial. His post yesterday was incredibly sketchy. He voted me on the stand, which looked to me like a bandwagon vote. He also voted both defendants guilty yesterday. All with absolutely no reasoning besides "they're inactive". He seems like a good candidate and I'd at least like to see his defence.
What do you mean "sketchy"? If by that you mean I failed to reach a valid, fact-supported conclusion then yes, I agree with that. WE HAVE NO FACTS. Inactive villagers just contribute to that problem of being in the dark about players' actions.
Hypothesis - wolves saw an opportunity to stall for time votewise. Hopped on leading to another day without a wolf on the stand. So, we have erin, eru, and Sora who all hopped onto that wagon.

Eru's talked a lot and concluded very little, is a bit trigger happy on the jailing and very pointedly abstained from voting on SE37, opting to vote KC to 'maintain a tie.'
Why did you vote for goreae to go on trial? What is your view on the reasoning I have provided above. Anything to say in your defence?
I was trying to at least post the train of thought that lead me to the "conclusions" I made. At the time of my voting, 1 vote for guilty had been placed on SE37, and 0 for KC. I wrongly thought that by voting KC, a tie would be established. At any rate, I'm still adamant that there's no better way of finding wolves in this game than by throwing them up on the stand. (Although, we HAVE lost two bodyguards in this manner. GG you guys, great defense.)
Vike you asked me a couple days ago who was on my wolflist. I didn't answer that because it was a silly trap. But here's a bone: RJS just posted my wolflist. Any of these guys would be a pain in my ass to defend because I virtually guarantee at least one of them is a wolf.
Why am I on this list? Is it for reasons similar to those raised by RJS? If not, please explain yourself. If I missed the explanation, a link would be appreciated.
Nojr: I recall saying on previous games you shouldn't fear being lynched... unless you're a power role or a wolf.
... so I'm screwed if I defend myself then? Welp, in that case this whole post has been a waste of time. However I do fear being lynched, as I'm trying to maintain being active and contributing toward the wolf hunt. I don't hold a power role, and it's not like I consider myself necessary for the continued survival of the village members. I'm not going to go into another black vs. white spiel again, because Pyure seemed to think that sort of hocus-pocus is inherently wolfy. But, I am not a wolf. If I do go on trial, I'll come back later and respond to whatever you guys accuse me of. By all means, send me to trial, but it will just be a waste of time.

*edit: almost forgot to vote both the accused guilty, again. Also, SoraZodia for trial.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

I'm not convinced the wolves need to do anything with him, they got him on trial with guys like Eruantin calling the shots.

{drug induced bender}
Let's just start off on the right foot:
ShazStep: tomorrow, you can have this guy. I'm not even going to make an effort to defend him if he's not going to at least pretend to be a villager. Marie Henein couldn't get him off the hook.
That said, let's be good defense and rip apart his...well its not evidence. I'm not sure what it is. His drunken rage-stupor? Onward!

Okay last night was a disaster. I have no defense for how that turned out, it was a poorly judged call on my part.
I've underlined the glue that somehow holds this trainwreck together. Don't worry, we'll get back to this more quickly than any of us would like.

What do you mean "sketchy"? If by that you mean I failed to reach a valid, fact-supported conclusion then yes, I agree with that. WE HAVE NO FACTS.
Wait, lots of us have lots of facts. I for sure have lots of facts that demonstrate either wolfy or towny tendancies for most players. I'm guessing in this instance "we" is just extremely literal, meaning there's at least one player who doesn't have some facts. I can see where that might be plausible.

At any rate, I'm still adamant that there's no better way of finding wolves in this game than by throwing them up on the stand
....you're adamant that there's no better way of finding wolves in this game than by doing the only thing we're allowed to do?

I think what you meant to say "there's no better way of finding wolves in this game than by killing all the villagers so that Cheese can post the wolf-names in the last recap, GG losers."

Why am I on this list? Is it for reasons similar to those raised by RJS? If not, please explain yourself. If I missed the explanation, a link would be appreciated.
See everything you've said or done so far.

*edit: almost forgot to vote both the accused guilty, again.
omfg are you serious??

Okay last night was a disaster. I have no defense for how that turned out, it was a poorly judged call on my part.
It wasn't a total disaster. Sure one guy got freed but at least you killed the bodyguard.

*drop the mic*

Reactions: goreae

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
*edit: almost forgot to vote both the accused guilty, again. Also, SoraZodia for trial.
Would love to know a reason. RJS's rebuttals and call outs speaks of town and there's no real reason other than paranoia to believe goreae is wolf now.

And why me over erindalc (I'm assume you were going off of RJS's list)? If you were to check our defenses today...
@Pyure, no real reason, I couldn't think of anyone better.

I lacked an original choice.

I was going off of what Pyure had said from D2:

And my own suspicious on D3:

I do keep up with the thread but don't really have much time to analysis and post very often (Does not help that I had a test and two mid-terms exam this week)

I say that erindalc looked like a much better choice, unless you didn't want to accuse him. Pyure's last post heavily paints you as wolf, and if that's true then I'll say erindalc is your partner in crime.

Vote Eruantien and erindalc for trial
Vote goreae and RJS as innocent

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
At any rate, I'm still adamant that there's no better way of finding wolves in this game than by throwing them up on the stand.
You know Eru, I really agree with this. How you jump from a perfectly logical sentiment to voting guilty on the guy whose been consistently active and has 0 wolf reads on him, I have no idea.

After all, your claim that you wanted to establish a tie. Let's assume you were confused about how the jail worked. Even from that perspective, your vote still reads as wolf. By generating a tie, you increased SE's chance of survival from your perspective.

Vote Eruantien to the stand.
After all,
At any rate, I'm still adamant that there's no better way of finding wolves in this game than by throwing them up on the stand.
Insert Google's failed April Fools here.

Also vote both people on trial innocent if those votes count.

Reactions: Pyure

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
You gathered, and by a complete landslide found them innocent. Sora couldn't quite decide who to bring up to the stand, but eruantien and Erindalc were brought up anyway. However, before he could reach the stand, a knife flew out of seemingly nowhere and hit Erindalc in the neck.

RJS and Goreae were found innocent!
Eruantien and Erindalc were brought up to the stand.
Erindalc was killed!
Erindalc was the prison guard!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Vote Erunatien guilty. I'm back too!

Does this mean you suspect him to be a wolf, or will you turn around tomorrow and say we can't lynch him for inactivity? :p
Even if he's not a wolf suspect, putting someone on trial is a great way to goad activity out of them.

And before I vote him guilty, @Eruantien why did you vote me guilty? And why RJS? Do you have actual reasons or what?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, Cheese forgot to make us a defense thread for Eruantien, so I'm just being a good boy and waiting before I toss him off the cliff.

Also of note: I have a co-ed baby shower AND a birthday to attend to today so my presence will be a bit sketchy.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Sora for trial tomorrow

Also, Eru buddy, you should speak up if you've defense to offer.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
Vote Eru guilty

Send from my phone via tapaonomtalk

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
You gathered today, and you put the remaining person on trial. He was completely silent, and you found him guilty. Strangely, nobody was missing tonight. You brought nojr and sora up to be put on trial.

You found Eruantien guilty!
He was a murderer!
No-one was killed!
Sora and nojr are on trial!