Bug Can't log into forums on Chrome/Firefox

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As stated, when I try to log into the forums on Chrome or Firefox on Mac nothing happens, the page reloads and I'm not logged in. No error messages or anything, and I do get an error message when I enter the password wrong, I'm just not logged in. Currently logged in via Safari which is how I can use the forums, safari on my iPhone also works perfectly.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Strange. I can login at home (on firefox), but not on my my work pc (tried firefox, chrome and even ie).

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Maybe it's a location based thing? I've tried clearing my cookies as well, didn't help.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Trying incognito and Microsoft edge doesn't work either. Others have reported being unable to login.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I'm watching this thread, but I don't have anything to report about a resolution.

It does seem to be tied to your account, rather than your computer or browser as you've noticed.

Reactions: goreae

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I'm watching this thread, but I don't have anything to report about a resolution.

It does seem to be tied to your account, rather than your computer or browser as you've noticed.

In my case, it seems to be more to do with location. I made sure I logged out on both my laptop and desktop at home, but still couldn't log in from my work pc (on any browser).

At home I can login/logout from firefox/chrome/ie.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Not fixed for me. I went through a few installs. The install when I linked my gmail account to the forum it worked fine. Every install after that it hasn't worked. Thought it might be the switch to a different OS(s). I am using the original OS and auto-login still doesn't work.

I am having to manually log in every time I need to log in.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Not fixed for me. I went through a few installs. The install when I linked my gmail account to the forum it worked fine. Every install after that it hasn't worked. Thought it might be the switch to a different OS(s). I am using the original OS and auto-login still doesn't work.

I am having to manually log in every time I need to log in.
Different issue, but you need to clear your cookies and maybe try a different browser.