Bug Can't log into forums on Chrome/Firefox

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Different issue, but you need to clear your cookies and maybe try a different browser.
Ummm, I formatted the computer over seven times. That wouldn't have cleared the cookies? Would having closed my firefox sync account and making another one have cleared my cookies?

I am sorry. I am just not able to see how clearing my cookies would help after all that? I am terribly uneducated in such things, so there is obviously good reason why I don't see it.

Oh, different browser. Almost forgot to respond to that. It was not working in both chrome and firefox. I don't like Edge, Internet Explorer. Opera was alright. I don't find easily logging into one site to be worth the trouble of another transfer between browsers though.

It really isn't important to me if it is never fixed. I was trying to make the admins aware of the issue.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Ummm, I formatted the computer over seven times. That wouldn't have cleared the cookies? Would having closed my firefox sync account and making another one have cleared my cookies?

I am sorry. I am just not able to see how clearing my cookies would help after all that? I am terribly uneducated in such things, so there is obviously good reason why I don't see it.
Okay. Make sure your respective OS is updated, and whatever browser you're using is updated, and answer these:

What OS?
What browser?
Did it ever work?
Have you tried using a different browser?
Do you use something like private mode?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Windows 10 this time. Debian Jess and stretch before.
Firefox and Chrome
Yes. Before I started the chain of new installs.
No. Those two are my proffered browsers.
No. I will look. it could be adblock. I keep fogetting to update its filters and am not sure how to have it do the reverse of what it does. Block ever site it tell it to is the way I rather it worked.

Let me go investigate my security settings. May take a little while. will be back.

Reactions: erindalc

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Messed with my addons. clearing the site cookies over and over. Disabled all the add-ons. changed a internet setting in the windows control panel. Nothing would allow the auto-login to work.

Just in case i checked with another site that auto logs in through google+. It processed the login without any problem. As far as I am aware this is the only site that doesn't.

I just remembered. I edit the permissions when I set up the connections between these sights and google+. I usually uncheck everything that I can. In this sites case it is which circles it can access on my profile. If I am remembering right. I don't know if that would have a effect. It was acceptable before the chain of re-installs and worked fine.

Edited two posts ago a little while ago.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Messed with my addons. clearing the site cookies over and over. Disabled all the add-ons. changed a internet setting in the windows control panel. Nothing would allow the auto-login to work.

Just in case i checked with another site that auto logs in through google+. It processed the login without any problem. As far as I am aware this is the only site that doesn't.

I just remembered. I edit the permissions when I set up the connections between these sights and google+. I usually uncheck everything that I can. In this sites case it is which circles it can access on my profile. If I am remembering right. I don't know if that would have a effect. It was acceptable before the chain of re-installs and worked fine.

Edited two posts ago a little while ago.
I've no idea why it doesn't work. Someone more experienced than me with web settings might know. The only other thing I can think of is router settings.

Reactions: DeathOfTime