Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Picture worth a thousand words:

AgriCraft.jpg

Reactions: InfinityRaider

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to specify the harvested item from a plant?

In my case, I have a dozen mods that add the same ores and nuggets for those ores... so I went through everything and unified all the items so every recipe will always give the ingot/nugget from the one mod I specified.
The only exception is agricraft and it's ressource plants, the Ferranium for example:
I have 5-6 different nuggets and for some reason Agricraft decided to pick the Thaumcraft-Iron-Nuggets as the finished product. I tried to find a way to "switch" the resulting nugget into something else, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

There's an oredict entry called <ore:cropFerranium>, but replacing the only entry in there (the thaumcraft nugget) with another nugget didn't do anything at all. Would it be possible to include some way to influence what kind of crop a plant will produce and not only mutations?

Or is it already possible? (Playing 1.7.10)

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, either I am too tired or I could have sworn these commands haveb't been there the last time I looked at that page.

Thanks!

Sinhika

Jul 29, 2019
I'm apparently having a dumb moment... do you know of any good source code examples of how to USE your API? I found the example for creating an API wrapper, but that doesn't tell me what I need to do to actually add new plants and seeds to AgriCraft.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I'm apparently having a dumb moment... do you know of any good source code examples of how to USE your API? I found the example for creating an API wrapper, but that doesn't tell me what I need to do to actually add new plants and seeds to AgriCraft.
There is Reika's implementation for RoC Canola: https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Rot...f536d32fca1fa3e4/ModInterface/AgriCanola.java
There is also HenryLoenwind's implementation for EnderIOAddons: https://github.com/HenryLoenwind/En...enwind/enderioaddons/plant/EioaCropPlant.java

You either want to create a new ICropPlant object and register it via the api, or implement IAgriCraftPlant in your plant's Block class and IAgriCraftSeed in yor plant's seed Item class and then register the IAgriCraftPlant implementation via the api.

Last edited:

Sinhika

Jul 29, 2019
There is Reika's implementation for RoC Canola: https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Rot...f536d32fca1fa3e4/ModInterface/AgriCanola.java
There is also HenryLoenwind's implementation for EnderIOAddons: https://github.com/HenryLoenwind/En...enwind/enderioaddons/plant/EioaCropPlant.java

You either want to create a new ICropPlant object and register it via the api, or implement IAgriCraftPlant in your plant's Block class and IAgriCraftSeed in yor plant's seed Item class and then register the IAgriCraftPlant implementation via the api.

Thank you! I may be back with more questions later--I'm trying to add AgriCraft support to Akkamaddi's Ashenwheat.

Sinhika

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, next stupid question: for plants like wheat, where the harvest normally includes both seeds and grain, whatall should ICropPlant.getFruitsOnHarvest() be returning? For that matter, what should ICropPlant.getAllFruits() and ICropPlant.getRandomFruit() be returning--just the grain, or both the grain and the seeds? Or does AgriCraft handle the seed yield somewhere else?

If both, does gain affect grain yield, or just seed yield? In Vanilla, the Fortune enchantment only increases seed yield from wheat crops.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Okay, next stupid question: for plants like wheat, where the harvest normally includes both seeds and grain, whatall should ICropPlant.getFruitsOnHarvest() be returning? For that matter, what should ICropPlant.getAllFruits() and ICropPlant.getRandomFruit() be returning--just the grain, or both the grain and the seeds? Or does AgriCraft handle the seed yield somewhere else?

If both, does gain affect grain yield, or just seed yield? In Vanilla, the Fortune enchantment only increases seed yield from wheat crops.
To take the wheat example, Agricraft wheat I beleive only ever yeilds wheat, never seeds. It does also provide a crafting recipe to go from crop > seed if it's needed too. (But due to the spreading and/or cutting mechanics, I really don't find them that useful aside from getting a first seed for things like carrots or potatoes.)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019

getRandomFruit() is no longer used (as should be made apparent by the javadoc),
getFruitsOnHarvest effectively is what will be dropped in the world, it is called on a harvest.
getAllFruits() is used for the journal and NEI, it should return all possible items you can obtain when harvesting this plant.

Sinhika

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. I am still hoping for some clarification on the wheat sheafs vs seeds drops question, as I've got two crops that (should) act exactly like wheat that way.

...which makes me speculate on the idea of a wheat mutation that yields only seeds, for those chicken farmers out there.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. I am still hoping for some clarification on the wheat sheafs vs seeds drops question, as I've got two crops that (should) act exactly like wheat that way.

...which makes me speculate on the idea of a wheat mutation that yields only seeds, for those chicken farmers out there.
No plant drops seeds when harvested with agricraft behaviour, however you are free to do whatever you want of course.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I've come to a conclusion that I am of two minds on agricraft.

If one uses it wisely and only uses it to level up a few needed things, and to fill in small missing gaps, it's AMAZING and WONDERFUL and THE BEST THING EVER.

if you are fighting weeds from 1/1/1 wheat seeds all the way to make a complete set of everything... it's a nightmare.

I still love it.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've come to a conclusion that I am of two minds on agricraft.

If one uses it wisely and only uses it to level up a few needed things, and to fill in small missing gaps, it's AMAZING and WONDERFUL and THE BEST THING EVER.

if you are fighting weeds from 1/1/1 wheat seeds all the way to make a complete set of everything... it's a nightmare.

I still love it.
I never said you had to max out everything :p
But if you feel the need to, I won't stop you.

Sinhika

Jul 29, 2019
I like the fact that it's very configurable. If you don't want weeds, or want weeds but not so aggressive, it's all configurable. I like mods that are configurable to suit one's tastes. I get annoyed by mods that insist you must play the One True Path as envisioned by the mod developer. (Looking at you, Natura).

Reactions: InfinityRaider

Sinhika

Jul 29, 2019
No plant drops seeds when harvested with agricraft behaviour, however you are free to do whatever you want of course.

I haven't played enough with AgriCraft to remember for sure what default behavior was supposed to be, and I wanted to make ashenwheat and scintilla wheat consistent with vanilla wheat in behavior and yields. I have an alpha version of Akkamaddi's Ashenwheat with AgriCraft support up on CurseForge now. One more thing--if I want slower growth rate, do I make the tier higher? Am I correct in thinking vanilla wheat is tier 2?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played enough with AgriCraft to remember for sure what default behavior was supposed to be, and I wanted to make ashenwheat and scintilla wheat consistent with vanilla wheat in behavior and yields. I have an alpha version of Akkamaddi's Ashenwheat with AgriCraft support up on CurseForge now. One more thing--if I want slower growth rate, do I make the tier higher? Am I correct in thinking vanilla wheat is tier 2?
Vanilla wheat is 1 and yes higher tier is slower growth.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way you can analyse a crop when it's still in the ground? To be frank in a realistic sense, unless you have high tech DNA analysis youd identify the characteristics of a crop once it's fully grown not as a seed.
Also playing regrowth has made me wish for a Gensustry for Agricraft. Breeding and mutateing is rather tolerable with a watering can though. But regrowth doesn't have it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sinhika

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way you can analyse a crop when it's still in the ground? To be frank in a realistic sense, unless you have high tech DNA analysis youd identify the characteristics of a crop once it's fully grown not as a seed.

Well, WAILA does show stats for crops in the ground that are grown from known seeds.