Quick and Dirty How to on pink slime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
yeah nevermind, i thought it was working because before i wasn't even able to get 1 bucket, but now it just does this

ok you see how the pipe is more pink. That is pink slime it can not go in the same tank as liquid meat. Just add another tank to the side of the pipe and you will bleed the pink stuff off and meat will start flowing again.

Here is what breaks down for most people. Pink slime comes in and you don't even have a bucket of liquid meat yet. Don't worry just use a tank to bleed it off.

Pink Slime by Saice, on Flickr

Pink Slime by Saice, on Flickr.

Reactions: xXicebreakersXx

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Arise thread long since dead!

I'm having some issues with pink slime. Whenever I try to place it in the world, it just places... a pink slime liquid block - that begins to flow and act like water etc. No pink slimes to murder. I can pick it back up in the bucket just like you'd expect with other fluids.

... am I being an idiot?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've to let it sit for a while? At least I do not have a problem with it spawning.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I even gave myself a bucket via NEI to be certain.

I'll have to try letting it sit - I've only let it flow about 5 seconds.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I even gave myself a bucket via NEI to be certain.

I'll have to try letting it sit - I've only let it flow about 5 seconds.

I knew it was a stupid question I was just going out on a limb. The only other thing I can think of is that it might not work if you are on peaceful, else it might be a bug.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I knew it was a stupid question I was just going out on a limb. The only other thing I can think of is that it might not work if you are on peaceful, else it might be a bug.

This would be my first assumption as if your are on peaceful you can place the pink slime block but it never spawns a mob.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually found an easier way is just attaching a loop of liquiduct and two portable tanks, kinda works for me but I only needed pink slime for one, I used slime embiggening serum on my one I spawned till it popped, got more then enough slime for several lasers/chargers I'm a bit curious, what's the actual max for this laser?

Sorry lemmi explain further since I confused myself with that, I put the four liquiducts on my grinder/meatpacker with the other 2 connections having 2 portable tanks next to each other, I kept making the meat until one filled with pink slime, it almost always outputs to both the one with pink slime and one with the liquid meat.

Will find a picture if I can..

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually found an easier way is just attaching a loop of liquiduct and two portable tanks, .

If done right this will work fine unless ether of the tanks empties out and then becomes a valid place for any liquid again. Since most running a slaughterhouse are going to want to pipe their liquid meat to be processed more setting up the router means you never have to worry about pink slime going into your meat processing system and locking it up.

But if all you want is some pink slime then sure that works as you are most likely going to use the meat for anything nor care about it running long term.

what's the actual max for this laser?

What do you mean Max? Max pre-chargers? That would be 4.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean Max? Max pre-chargers? That would be 4.

I meant max power it can handle, I've never really gotten past four 36hp boilers. and I even took out the energy cells as buffers since they were lowering the output by a lot more then I realized

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I meant max power it can handle, I've never really gotten past four 36hp boilers. and I even took out the energy cells as buffers since they were lowering the output by a lot more then I realized

Something like 200k MJ a tick I believe. You can feed it more but that is the most it can use each tick.

R

Rixxaw

Do you people SERIOUSLY use those pipes? 2 pages of posts about how to use a broken pipe system? Just throw an extra-utilities liquid tranfer node on the back of the MFR Slaughter thingy i have to do to get a pink slime, and then pop down 2 tanks beside it... Game over man.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Do you people SERIOUSLY use those pipes? 2 pages of posts about how to use a broken pipe system? Just throw an extra-utilities liquid tranfer node on the back of the MFR Slaughter thingy i have to do to get a pink slime, and then pop down 2 tanks beside it... Game over man.
In case you didn't notice, this thread was last posted to in 2013. Extra Utilities did not exist or at least was not well known back then. The only other fluid transport systems available at the time was Buildcraft pipes.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Thread locked due to age. Create a new thread if you want to discuss the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.