Quick and Dirty How to on pink slime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok this has come up in a few threads so I figured I'd do a really quick and easy how to get pink slime out of the slaughter house.

You will need a Liquid router (mfr) some buckets, tanks, and pipes.

The issue some seem to run into is the the slaughter has pipes out both liquid meat and pink slime this can clog up pipes and cause issues that is where the liquid router comes in. It just takes a little setup before it will be fully functional.

First your basic set up

Pink Slime by Saice, on Flickr

Like so.

To get the router started put an empty bucket in one of the two path ways this will pump everything out that side you only need this for a little while we will up date it in a moment

Here is what breaks down for most people. Pink slime comes in and you don't even have a bucket of liquid meat yet. Don't worry just use a tank to bleed it off.

Ok once you have enough meat for one bucket go back to your liquid router and replace the oringal empty bucket with the meat this will force only the meat down that line. You now want to put an emtpy bucket in the other line this will now be all your pink slime.

Your now on your way to having pink slimes.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So haven't played 1.5 yet, what is "Pink Slime", and can you drink it.

Its used to make pink slime balls needed for the MFR mining laser.

If you put a bucket of it down in world it turns into a pink slime (much like a green one) that you kill for the pink slime balls needed.

You can also use a net on that guy and stuff him in the MFR spawner if you need the slime balls faster.

Reactions: PierceSG

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to add a slaughter house to my city using this and as usual good job saice :D

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Its used to make pink slime balls needed for the MFR mining laser.

If you put a bucket of it down in world it turns into a pink slime (much like a green one) that you kill for the pink slime balls needed.

You can also use a net on that guy and stuff him in the MFR spawner if you need the slime balls faster.
Oh, thanks. Good job on this nasty-licious project!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
you can put the router right up against the slaughter house just so you know. its just out there to show the build.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to make it self sufficient? I do so love such things.

Well all it needs is power so you be self sufficient you would need some way to get power out of this.

Off hand nothing I can think of directly but since you will need a collection of animals you can drop a MFR sewage collector and composter and use that to feed a farm to get fuel for power. So in the round about why Yes you could make whole MFR farm that was self sufficient but not just the slaughterhouse by itself.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Well all it needs is power so you be self sufficient you would need some way to get power out of this.

Off hand nothing I can think of directly but since you will need a collection of animals you can drop a MFR sewage collector and composter and use that to feed a farm to get fuel for power. So in the round about why Yes you could make whole MFR farm that was self sufficient but not just the slaughterhouse by itself.

Isn't there an engine that will produce power from any liquid you give it?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm.... now can we empty the tank, make buckets, and put the slime in the world automatically...

and of course, I'll see about making this one of the MFR guides

Would a vanilla dispenser work for pink slime buckets as it does for water or lava? I use a liquid transposer to fill my buckets (although i have to supply the buckets manually at the moment). Actually I am definitely going to test this when I get back on minecraft. My transposer ejects into the same buildcraft pipe network as my cooked meat ingots (packed and cooked at the source). The buckets and meat ingots go through a pipe and drop onto a conveyor belt which leads to a grinder and item collector combo. It is my general purpose grinder. If i split a diamond pipe into that pipe network and reroute the pink slime buckets into a deployer that drops pink slime over that conveyor belt. Then I slap an emerald pipe onto that dispenser with an iron autarchic gate. It could be set to items in inventory -> redstone on, energy pulsar. I could put an empty bucket in the emerald pipe filter. That way, assuming that the dispenser works, the gate should pulse the dispenser and extract empty buckets only. The emerald pipe would then lead into a route back to the liquid transposer.

With this method, I hope this works. It depends on these conditions.

1. The gate pulses the bucket and pipe properly (easy to overcome if false)
2. Dispensers do place pink slime in the world (critically important, but should work)
3. Pink slimes animate when placed in this way (I don't know anything about the code so I don't know if there are any impediments to it working, but it is worth testing.)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
With some tweaks, I have managed to get the system I described above to work. The dispenser just throws the bucket through the air so I had to use a turtle instead. I still used a gate and I had the turtle wait for a redstone event and if redstone was on it would place the bucket. The pink slime forms (most of the time) but it dies instantly. It might be because it is being formed in a 1*1 area and it is suffocating for some reason but it is still dropping pink slimes which are landing on the conveyor belt.

The turtle then drops the empty bucket into a chest with a wooden pipe and autarchic gate attached. The system is completely self-contained and reuses the same bucket over and over again. Feed it pink slime and you will get your slime balls automatically.

Reactions: Saice

Rhaidin

Jul 29, 2019
hey, when i tried this, my liquiducts when fill up and it wouldn't enter the tank, and the tank was only filled up to not even one tick

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
hey, when i tried this, my liquiducts when fill up and it wouldn't enter the tank, and the tank was only filled up to not even one tick

did you try hitting the end by the tank so that its facing the right way it's sometimes difficult to tell if the end of it is facing the right way.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

if you set the liqiuducts to draw by wacking them with a wrench that whole segment will be set to draw. You do not need to wack ducts on MFR machines they will pump into them automatically. Note how in all the pics above non of the ducts have the little T symbol on there ends.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
oh wait, i didnt notice you were using MJ, is MJ required for this?

MFR machines can use MJ or EU power.

If your getting your ducts to fill but they are not filling your tank there has to be an issue with how your linking to your tank. Can you take a screen shoot so we can see your issue.

Rhaidin

Jul 29, 2019
ok, i moved it, and im powering it with MJ now, and its working fine, so i have no idea. Thanks for helping tho

Rhaidin

Jul 29, 2019
yeah nevermind, i thought it was working because before i wasn't even able to get 1 bucket, but now it just does this

Attachments

• javaw 2013-07-12 13-27-05-88.jpg
    javaw 2013-07-12 13-27-05-88.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 259

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
yeah nevermind, i thought it was working because before i wasn't even able to get 1 bucket, but now it just does this
two different liquids don't go into the same tank. it looks like there is liquid meat in that tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.