FTB authlib isn't running properly

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
K

Koni

Title:
FTB authlib isn't running properly
Launcher Version:
1.4.11 (according to the console)
Modpack:
All of them (Namely FTB Infinity)
Modpack Version:
2.3.5 (Recommended)
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hey.
I've been trying to log into an FTB Infinity server for quite some time now, but I can't seem to get past the authentication server or whatever it is.

To keep it simplistic yet detailed, I'll give you an example of what I'm doing.

-Opened the FTB Launcher
-Everything works OK on startup
-I click a modpack, then I press "Launch"
-Error message stating "Minecraft authentication servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com"

I checked the auth servers multiple times a day whenever I try getting on, everything is online and okay.
I assume that it revolves around my PC for some odd reason. I have installed heavy malware protection after supposedly getting a remote access trojan, that may have to do with it. However, I've tried disabling the protection and it still doesn't work.
I've also tried re-installing the modpack, no luck.

K

Koni

Neither of the following worked.

New error message.
No usable authlib available. Please check your firewall rules and network connection. Can't start MC without working authlib. Launch button will be disabled.""

Last edited:
K

Koni

Enabled all the .exe java-related files, the FTB launcher, Minecraft... Still doesn't work.

I'm not sure , but something is definitely screwing around with my PC's firewall. Probably all the antivirus/ anti-malware stuff I installed recently..

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling all anti-virus related programs and your firewall, then restart your computer and try to launch again.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Just uninstall all java installations and install newest 64-bit JRE. (Install 32-bit also if required for browser plugin)

[13:17:58] [WARN] JavaKeyStore.engineLoad:-1->SSLUtils.printServerCertChain:66: Keychain loadign failed: java.io.IOException: Invalid keystore format
is indicator for broken java installation