[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

vernor

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo ummm kinda new but how do i get gold ?
I know i have to mine it but what mod will let me mine it ?

V

Verocan

Hey DrasticDemise and all other hard working modpack developers,

My friends and I really like this pack and love the work you all put into this! So first things first I really wish to thank you for making this!

The mechanic that makes vanilla tools break fast is cool, but it could be even more exeggerated. Maybe make an iron pickaxe even 10 durability or something. Next to that I'd really love you to put in a small explanation of how to get a storage system. Maybe put in in one of the core "tabs". Like Thaumcraft might have a system, but a noob like me doesn't know about it and the quest book might show the right direction to take. For my friends and me this is the only thing missing at this moment. Again, I really love the pack and enjoy playing it!

Thanks again,

Verocan

pfont

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo ummm kinda new but how do i get gold ?
I know i have to mine it but what mod will let me mine it ?

you could use the basic ars magica spell

also mana steel pickaxes which can also mine obsidian... very slowly

vernor

Jul 29, 2019
For ars magica i need iron level pickaxe and those have 1 dur right ? Botania demands gold and so does thaumcraft ...

pfont

Jul 29, 2019
For ars magica i need iron level pickaxe and those have 1 dur right ? Botania demands gold and so does thaumcraft ...
you can make mana steel ingots by dropping iron ingots into a mana pool

and using iron tools in a crafting recipe, or in ars magica's case, as a part of a spell is totaly fine, just toss em in there.

(also I might be mistaken but, I'm pretty sure iron tools got a bit more durability in the latest pack, no where near vanilla ones, but definitely more than one use)

M

MachineHead

the iron pickaxe don't have 1 dur,it have some between 100 or 150 duration

Reactions: BaileyH

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
not sure how i feel about the recommendation of using atg to be honest. that is looks way better than normal is out of the question, but i just walked around for 2hours (~4000blocks radius) trying to find a silverwood tree for the sapling and i just didnt spot any. i dont know though if it has something to do with the size of the biomes, since they are way bigger than normal. maybe add a recipe for the sapling ? like greatwood sapling in the mana pool or something. find certain things shouldnt be a question of luck.

edit: so yeeeeah. after flying around another hour in creative mode i still havent found anything. it could just be me but maybe have a look at it ? my map basically consists of 3 or 4 biomes anyway with 2 like tiny 10x10 blocks magical forest areas with nothing in it. i havent seen any tainted biome either and i covered an area of ~5000x5000 blocks. maybe atg and thaumcraft dont go along very well ?

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see something like jabba added to the pack for storage of things like cobble. I've created my first ars magica spells to dig and place light. Loving it.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
sorry for being annoying ;( i tested some more atg generated worlds and have the same "problem" again and again. all biomes i see/get are savanna, forest, maybe jungle and some taiga mountains.
still no magical or witchwood forest to be seen anywhere. is there maybe a problem with atg not considering the magic mods ? since noone else is complaining i get the impression that i might do something wrong, but i dont see what it could be.

pfont

Jul 29, 2019
sorry for being annoying ;( i tested some more atg generated worlds and have the same "problem" again and again. all biomes i see/get are savanna, forest, maybe jungle and some taiga mountains.
still no magical or witchwood forest to be seen anywhere. is there maybe a problem with atg not considering the magic mods ? since noone else is complaining i get the impression that i might do something wrong, but i dont see what it could be.

There are greatwood trees dotted around so I don't think atg isn't considering the magic mods, but silverwood trees, well I don't remember even seeing one lately. Not that I've played much these couple of days, but they're either very rare or just not there. Can silverwood saplings be dropped from dungeon chests?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood trees are *extremely* rare. You are more likely to find them in a magical forest biome, and ATG does support these.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having problems with Guardian chest mod? When i respawn it won't let me open my chest for 5 minutes. it says only i can open this chest for the next however long... but it won't let me didn't have this problem before i started blood magic so I'm thinking it might have something to do with the soul fray debuff

Edit: i fixed this by doing away with the timer in the configs since I'm playing single player anyway.. just thought i would report it.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having problems with Guardian chest mod? When i respawn it won't let me open my chest for 5 minutes. it says only i can open this chest for the next however long... but it won't let me didn't have this problem before i started blood magic so I'm thinking it might have something to do with the soul fray debuff

Edit: i fixed this by doing away with the timer in the configs since I'm playing single player anyway.. just thought i would report it.
I've experienced the same thing. Has anyone fallen in lava? How does the chest work in lava?

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
I might start LP series here because I am missing some magic experience. I think this is the way to get some.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk