[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings Landstryder, I have a problem with journeymap crashing. Basically, every time I press Control, it crashes the instance. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the instance with curse voice, but it's made no difference. Is there any fixes that you or another member of the community knows about?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose you've checked for keybind conflicts and resolved all of those?

Just started playing this yesterday, having fun. Feels kind of cheaty that I can dump a bucket of sucrose on the ground and completely bypass the hunger mechanics. :) Good thing though as don't really like that bit anyhow, particularly not with spoilage on top of it.

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there are no keys bound to control. The only thing that's not removable seems to be a part of journeymap's stuff that uses control key for something... I'm going to look into it further. Part that really bugs me is that it keeps doing this even after complete removal and re-installing of the instance. Will try using the ftb one rather than the curse launcher one to see if that helps.

Edit 1: The FTB launcher version seems to be running fine with the control key. Now to double check the curse launcher version.

Edit 2: Curse launcher fails on control press. Going to update the modpack to run on latest version of forge, and then update journeymap. Hopefully this works!

Edit 3: Success!!! Somehow the Curse Launcher was using an older version of forge and journeymap. Updating both of those fixed the issue!

Specifics: Curse Launcher version of Post Finem was running on Forge-10.13.4.1448, with Journeymap version 5.1.0 Unlimited. Telling the profile to run Forge-10.13.4.1614 and using the most up to date version of Journeymap fixed the issue :)

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Last two deaths no gravestone. Really kills the desire to continue when I lose all of my painfully synthesized gear.

update: found it about 30 blocks away from the death waypoint at the bottom of a chasm.

Last edited:

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
Twisto, I've found that gravestone NEVER fails to place a grave. It just doesn't like placing them in liquids. I've had one end up on the other side of a mine tunnel that caused no end of torment trying to reach with silverfish and death all around. But yeah, they can be a pain to find if you aren't in a "good" spawn location.

Also... I've had a slight issue when I was doing chunk loading... I've got free grass... LOTS of grass. Seems that it kinda broke terrain generation somehow...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Cardboard box: Best 4 sawdust ever spent.

MFR harvester not so hot at dealing with enviromine physics when farming jungle trees. Probably need to switch to EIO since it harvests entire trees at a time so physics never happens.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
One mega rubber wood sapling, an MFR harvester, and ~3.5 million RF later I have: 3369 rubber wood, 3369 raw rubber, and 595 rubber tree saplings.

Wood falling from the sky everywhere, enviromine made a hell of a mess that I had to clean up with a dark axe---and its sneaky mode didn't/doesn't work on rubber wood, sigh.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Sins of the Past was a lot of fun, particularly since the lower levels of the site were flooded, making it even more challenging.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Landstryder,

I wanted to thank you for putting together this pack, i think you are doing a very good job and i am enjoying playing it! I have found some bugs, the first was already mentioned the "exotic" quest would not register the mutagen but it registers the other items (i had to use the creative book to complete it). The second "bug" is that you can chisel a vanilla chest into ender chest or trapped chests, when put in a disassembler the ender chest does not take into account the ender pearl, so it just processes 8x Obsidian but allows you to turn wood into obsidian (not really that much of an advantage since you have obsidian everywhere), the trap chest however disassembles into cellulose and iron, not game breaking but i just wanted to make you aware about it.

I would also like to make a suggestion; why not add a quest involving the cave dimension?

Well thanks again Landstryder.
I thought I had fixed the exotic quest in the last update, I'll double check it again.
I'm not overly concerned about the chests, though I may correct that in the next update, thanks for pointing it out.
I wanted the cave dimension to be more of an Easter egg so I did not call attention to it.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to construct platforms over open areas with environmine physics enabled? No matter what material I try the platforms are unstable and collapse.

selfheadshot21

Jul 29, 2019
hay i think i ran into a bug whith chisle 2 and i just whanted to let you know dont hit 2 chisle blocks together or you game will crahs

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to construct platforms over open areas with environmine physics enabled? No matter what material I try the platforms are unstable and collapse.

I think the only thing you can do is support pillars every ~5 blocks then build 2 in from each pillar before placing the middle block.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
I think the only thing you can do is support pillars every ~5 blocks then build 2 in from each pillar before placing the middle block.

That's really unfortunate. While I'd be perfectly content with spawned blocks being affected by environmine physics it's a little annoying trying to build something like a platform across a chasm out of something like crafted factory blocks only to have them fall exactly the same way. :(

I'm well past the initial manual "mining for uranium, soul sand, netherrack and end stone" stage though so I may just disable physics.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
There are some blocks that can defy the gravity physics and that can be used to support other blocks, glowstone is one of them. Also you can build minimal supports by building out diagonal from the top of them and from the end anchor points. Carpenter blocks are more sturdy than most other blocks.

hi my game crashes everytime when i start to move after loading my save game, how do i fix that?
Could you post a crash log?

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
There are some blocks that can defy the gravity physics and that can be used to support other blocks, glowstone is one of them. Also you can build minimal supports by building out diagonal from the top of them and from the end anchor points. Carpenter blocks are more sturdy than most other blocks.

First, thanks for putting together this modpack Landstryder. I've had a ton of fun with it so far and I think it doesn't get nearly the amount of attention it deserves.

A few minutes after I posted my response a couple of days ago I realized I could do something cheesy like using energy conduit to lay down a support structure and build over that. I didn't realize glowstone would be immune to gravity and I have plenty of that laying about thanks to my farm so I think that pretty much solves my problem.

I'll give a try at building support structures diagonally up instead of down and using carpenter blocks. I usually kind of shy away from using carpenter blocks due to the lag they can generate once you have enough of them so I really hadn't thought about whether or not they might provide more stability.

I noticed what is most likely an oversight or bug that can be abused:

There are two recipes for bakeware using brick and nether bricks. You can make bakeware out of regular bricks and then turn around and decompose it for nether brick decomposition products.

Last edited:

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
:D Just finished sins of the past quest... All I have to say is that I'm sorry Landstryder :) I robbed your turrets blind of ammo and power cells... And everything else of value that wasn't bedrocked down :D (P.S. What good is computer craft anyways? I've ditched all of the computers and such that I've found sitting around everywhere. Do they do anything useful that I should know about?)

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
:D Just finished sins of the past quest... All I have to say is that I'm sorry Landstryder :) I robbed your turrets blind of ammo and power cells... And everything else of value that wasn't bedrocked down :D (P.S. What good is computer craft anyways? I've ditched all of the computers and such that I've found sitting around everywhere. Do they do anything useful that I should know about?)
You can use them to creat programs