[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
I think the unstable ingots would blow up before I got a chance to craft it... I'm not that nimble.
They need to be crafted in a vanilla workbench. You can do some attempts in a test world. Or if you don't want either - there is a safe way to craft them, which is 1 diamond for a nugget (these are stable, just like the ingot you create from these), so it's 9x expensive for an ingot.
There's really nothing to be afraid of, even if you die - you'll learn and won't have any problems in future.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Big reactors output insane amount of RF and are easy to build, f.i. made this quickly.

Later on you can do things like this or this, you'd need to adjust rod insertion to your own system.
you forgot about big reactor turbines,personaly if im going for that much power ill probably go for a mekinism reactor it just seems much more compact and less overdone(ill need the lithium anyways if i want a giant battery that wont cost me an arm and a leg *looks at de *)

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
you forgot about big reactor turbines,personaly if im going for that much power ill probably go for a mekinism reactor it just seems much more compact and less overdone(ill need the lithium anyways if i want a giant battery that wont cost me an arm and a leg *looks at de *)

Giant battery? Mekanism has those?

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Draconic evolution battery is cheap, take digital miner to Deep Dark and make max tier in couple of minutes =)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Giant battery? Mekanism has those?
its only one (this pack probably)that can even try to match de's energycores , it needs lithium which good news for u does not have to be made in a seperate evaporation plant it can be made in the same one the brine is made in the solar plant just can only do 1 recipe at a time

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
When does it crash?

As well, make sure you have very latest Java and are allocating 4gigs of ram in the launchers.

Well, in an attempt to get something to work, I took all the mods out of my FTB folder and put them into a custom profile on Curse, since I was at least able to get Curse to load some of the packs I had downloaded before the internet died on me, and FTB will download the pack, just not run it... and it crashes on launch at the very beginning. The error is so short I can paste it directly here and it'll be shorter than some of the posts you've made that were just responses ^_~

Code:
[15:26:37] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[15:26:37] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

I can't read Java very well, but maybe you can? I have recently updated Java, at least I think the update actually worked, but I can try again...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any solutions for how to generate that much power?
As folks said, theres Mekanism Reactors. Theres also using a larger Big Reactor with a Turbine. Past that, you could delve into the x8 and x64 Generators from Extra Utilities.

What I do, usually, is I'll make a battery bank with whatever mod (In this pack, Capacitor Banks from EnderIO or a chain of Energy Cells from Thermal Expansion), and then store power for a while. Then when a good amount has built up, activate the larger consumer until the batteries are drained.

thats exploiting a pack bug that the Caigan even confirmed is a bug
Eh, I don't know if I'd call it a bug more than oversight on my part. I can't balance everything, which is a sort of point I need to make clear to folks I think.

The error is so short I can paste it directly here and it'll be shorter than some of the posts you've made that were just responses ^_~

Hmm, if its crashing on Launch, you might have a corrupted download for various reasons. In the FTB Launcher, go to your Options menu, and hit Force Update, and then launch the pack again. It'll redownload it from scratch.

---------------
A SCALE OF BALANCE

So, Since before this last update, I've mentioned a lot that I need to balance out some things in the pack.

I am not going to be able to achieve a super great sense of balance. Not without changing a whole lot of things. First and foremost, this is a pack about learning many mods from start to finish, while giving you secondary goals with the corporate shop stuff, reputation, and other goodies. If this was a more focused, story based pack instead of a kitchen sink pack about silly ferrets, I'd be a lot more worried about the sense of balance.

So I need to balance out how much balancing I do, to make sure I keep the balance of fun as well. (feel free to insert inception tone here if you'd like). Evening out things like Tinker's Material stats, Big Reactor output, and the cost of the Digital Miner are examples of what I plan on doing.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Make an RFTools world and do precious metal supply crates, you won't know where to spend all the vouchers. Don't even need crazy efficient processing system.
i already have a redstone block world (literally stone got replaced with redstoneblocks) and a world with hollow nether peridote orbs (that i wish were not filled with water)

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, if its crashing on Launch, you might have a corrupted download for various reasons. In the FTB Launcher, go to your Options menu, and hit Force Update, and then launch the pack again. It'll redownload it from scratch.

I tried that and it seems to have failed me again... it's kinda strange, though, because other 1.7.10 packs will work, or otherwise I'd think it was to do with Java or something... It's annoying me, perhaps I should talk to Curse and find out if their launcher is failing or if it's my internet. I'm downloading Departed again, I just checked to see if the version of that pack I had works, and it does, so now I'm letting it update and I'll try again with the update to see if it's still broken... should give me some impression at least. Maybe I should try to reinstall Java again anyway...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that and it seems to have failed me again... it's kinda strange, though, because other 1.7.10 packs will work, or otherwise I'd think it was to do with Java or something... It's annoying me, perhaps I should talk to Curse and find out if their launcher is failing or if it's my internet. I'm downloading Departed again, I just checked to see if the version of that pack I had works, and it does, so now I'm letting it update and I'll try again with the update to see if it's still broken... should give me some impression at least. Maybe I should try to reinstall Java again anyway...
Hmmm...Try these steps, seeing if you can launch the pack after each one.

1. Try making sure you have the latest FTB Launcher from the website.
  2. In options, next to Advanced Options, it should list Java Version. If it doesn't say at least 1.8.0_66, click Advanced Options and see if there is a newer version in Java_Path drodown.
    1. If not, remove all versions of Java and download the latest.
  3. Open the folder for the modpack, and delete all the folders except saves (if you have a world you want to load back into).
    1. Do Force Update again.

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...Try these steps, seeing if you can launch the pack after each one.

1. Try making sure you have the latest FTB Launcher from the website.
  2. In options, next to Advanced Options, it should list Java Version. If it doesn't say at least 1.8.0_66, click Advanced Options and see if there is a newer version in Java_Path drodown.
    1. If not, remove all versions of Java and download the latest.
  3. Open the folder for the modpack, and delete all the folders except saves (if you have a world you want to load back into).
    1. Do Force Update again.
Okay, attempting to download both the latest launcher and the newest Java, since it appears that I had 1.8.0_51... I could have sworn that I had just gotten the newest Java, but eh, let's see if this works... my internet is really slow and doesn't like downloading (It's already failed at downloading the FTB launcher a couple of times, but I'm gonna just keep trying...) >,< But, with any luck, getting Java will fix it... providing that the bloody download works >,< Should know in about half an hour, I suppose... now I feel silly >,<

arrrrik

Jul 29, 2019
So I need to balance out how much balancing I do, to make sure I keep the balance of fun as well. (feel free to insert inception tone here if you'd like). Evening out things like Tinker's Material stats, Big Reactor output, and the cost of the Digital Miner are examples of what I plan on doing.

I have a thought on the Big Reactor balance issue. Part of what makes Big Reactors so powerful is they've basically been solved. It takes five minutes and zero effort to find a even a small sized reactor that makes a ton of energy. The materials are easy to find/make and you can automate it with almost no effort.

So rather than just nerfing the output (which will just make people make bigger/more reactors/wind turbines/etc), what if you eliminated Big Reactors and added something like NuclearCraft, which is a bit more complex, while not hitting Mekanism Fusion reactor complexity or ReactorCraft complexity, and still generates a bunch of power?

Alternatively, Matter Overdrive (which I mentioned in my survey submission) has a fusion reactor that revolves around gravitational anomalies, which makes some big energy, but really late in the game.

If people are concerned about mid game power, you've got a lot of options already: Extra Utilities, Immersive Engineering, IC2 (meh), and Mekanism are all capable of generating the same power as a small/medium big reactor, but are a bit less broken.

On the mob issue- maybe instead of Lycanites or Project Zulu, try Grimoire of Gaia? You'll have to fuss with the spawn rates a bit, but overall it's pretty solid. Also just released is Mystic Mobs, but I haven't really touched that one yet.

logdogzip

Jul 29, 2019
what if you eliminated Big Reactors and added something like NuclearCraft, which is a bit more complex, while not hitting Mekanism Fusion reactor complexity or ReactorCraft complexity, and still generates a bunch of power?
NuclearCraft adds a bunch of stuff to the game and is a fresh new modern tech/nuclear engineering mod, and a pretty fleshed out one at that, too. It adds lots of new machines, a new crafting system, loads of types of nuclear fuel, highly customisable fission and fusion reactors, more tools, weapons, mobs and more. I think it could work really well with this pack, and could help with the balancing issue mentioned above. It is found here:http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/226254-nuclearcraft-mod-1-7-10

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty, so I just got back into this pack after the update, and it now loads for a while and then crashes. FTB isn't giving me a crashlog, but I found this in the console log:
Chisel: Errors like "[FML]: Unable to lookup ..." are NOT the cause of this crash. You can safely ignore these errors. And update forge while you're at it.

EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:

* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.7 from StevesAddons-1.7.10-0.10.16.jar).

It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.

This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.

arrrrik

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty, so I just got back into this pack after the update, and it now loads for a while and then crashes. FTB isn't giving me a crashlog, but I found this in the console log:
Chisel: Errors like "[FML]: Unable to lookup ..." are NOT the cause of this crash. You can safely ignore these errors. And update forge while you're at it.

EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:

* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.7 from StevesAddons-1.7.10-0.10.16.jar).

It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.

This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.

Hm, it sounds like a mod didn't update right when you downloaded the update. Check the mod versions you're supposed to be at with what's in the changelogs. If something doesn't match, do a manual drag and drop install for that mod. Specifically check StevesAddons and EnderIO since they're mentioned in the console log.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, if you're removing Draconic ore from DD, then you should look into RFTools generated worlds as well, pretty sure I was getting some while hunting for Dimensional shards, IF you want it to be obtained just from the shop.

Last edited:

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, it sounds like a mod didn't update right when you downloaded the update. Check the mod versions you're supposed to be at with what's in the changelogs. If something doesn't match, do a manual drag and drop install for that mod. Specifically check StevesAddons and EnderIO since they're mentioned in the console log.
I might sound really stupid here, but I have no clue what they current versions should be, any idea?

EDIT: Found the updates in the changelog, and they appear to properly correspond with what they should be.