[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
CyanosLootableBodies can't fit a lot of situations like die in lava lake , meet Hungry nodes when you're on your boat! -_-! And Ars Magica's armor will disappear too. That all happened to me before. I finally change to 'guardian chests mod' or simply use 'keep inventory mod'. 2 bad days!
Lootable bodies will be replaced by Guardian Chest in the next update. Thank you.

If you have begun the pack, please answer this quick strawpoll over iron tools!
http://strawpoll.me/6565974

Last edited:

pfont

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first magic only pack and I am having a good time so far. I wanted to learn more magic on the regular packs but usually get pulled by tech mods so maybe this is the only way I get to actually focus. I haven't actually spent that much time on magic mods so I guess this is good a time as any to become a beginner.

Oh, quick question, given that all the other tools are on one durability, what do I use to dig up obsidian for nether portals?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first magic only pack and I am having a good time so far. I wanted to learn more magic on the regular packs but usually get pulled by tech mods so maybe this is the only way I get to actually focus. I haven't actually spent that much time on magic mods so I guess this is good a time as any to become a beginner.

Oh, quick question, given that all the other tools are on one durability, what do I use to dig up obsidian for nether portals?

Thaumium and Manasteel pickaxes are able to break Obsidian.

kaimokene

Jul 29, 2019
Does it break the modpack if i dont use atg because it creates too much lag for me i have played 200+ mod modpacks fine so i believe it must be atg causing the lag because it alters world generation alot

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Does it break the modpack if i dont use atg because it creates too much lag for me i have played 200+ mod modpacks fine so i believe it must be atg causing the lag because it alters world generation alot
No, it is optional.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@DrasticDemise, this is excellent. I love to see focused packs like these.

I don't have any specific recommendations but can I suggest you add a Credits section to your op for peeps who contribute content? I believe fortaanono (sp) submitted a considerable chunk of hqm.

Reactions: BaileyH

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
@DrasticDemise, this is excellent. I love to see focused packs like these.

I don't have any specific recommendations but can I suggest you add a Credits section to your op for peeps who contribute content? I believe fortaanono (sp) submitted a considerable chunk of hqm.

Of course! Thank you for reminding me!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Of course! Thank you for reminding me!
:)

Also, this is a really, really minor quibble (possibly even intentional) but you're using the Streams mod which uses the Farseek API. Your Farseek API link is actually pointing back to the Streams mod instead of its own page.

I think you wanted to point to this instead: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/229708-farseek

There's a couple other library/api types in the list which do point back to their own pages.

C

cien

Cool, I was thinking to search for something like this, but what's wrong with Mage Quest?

pfont

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly are those crafting recipe type things beside the ars magica 2 spells pages?

lok0143

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to pump liquid blood into the blood altar? In Hypovolemia there were pipes but I can't seem to find any pipes or anything in this pack. I was able to create a world in Mystcraft that has the liquid essence, now just need to pump it into the altar.

Last edited:

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to pump liquid blood into the blood altar? In Hypovolemia there were pipes but I can't seem to find any pipes or anything in this pack. I was able to create a world in Mystcraft that has the liquid essence, not I just need to pump it into the altar.

Great question. I have a couple of options, but not sure if they are going to work. One is the automagy tank, as it could work as a pump and be upgraded to transfer liquid to adjacents tanks. The other one is golems.

Maybe you should test this options in creative first.

Last edited:

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to pump liquid blood into the blood altar? In Hypovolemia there were pipes but I can't seem to find any pipes or anything in this pack. I was able to create a world in Mystcraft that has the liquid essence, now just need to pump it into the altar.

I mame some tests: http://imgur.com/a/kTbFV

what you are seeing there is a small pond of life essence, representing the river or lakes of your age, a not upgraded Thirsty Tank at the same height of the liquid (it has to be touching it), an upgraded sangrimancy tank next to the altar and a couple of golems with decanting.

Thing to notice: the altar is pretty slow taking the liquid, so the golem will look like is not doing anything. I used 2 golem and a buffer (bigger) tank because of this. Also, if you have not experience with the decanting core, you have to place the golem clicking in the destination tank, and then use the bell to link it to the source tank. I always do it wrong the first time :)

PS: Any tips to find good mystcraft pages? I never played with the mod, and so far I only have a couple of pretty lame pages. Visited lots of villages, only 1 mystcraft building with no pages in it. Do I have to create random ages until I find one suitable for exploration? what about the Loonium flower? will pages appear if I use it?

Reactions: Unistardust999

lok0143

Jul 29, 2019
Great, thanks for the testing. I will let my daughter know, she is the one in Blood Magic this time. I am the one doing Mystcraft so I can answer some of your questions. I would recommend doing a couple of random worlds (no pages in them) and trying to find one that is not too hard to move around in. In these ages wander around until you find a building that looks like a temple kind of (not at home so I can't screenshot it). In there you will find a couple of pages plus in the corner (under the bookshelfs) you will find a chest that has more pages and more importantly the blue folders. Those contain multiple folders in them. If you get lucky and get a flat world page it will make finding buildings much easier. The way you place the pages into the age matters for what is spawned in so check the wiki. I haven't heard of the Loonium flower so not sure about that one. Hope that helps

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
For someone that knows next to nothing about magic mods this modpack is a god sent! I have always wanted to get into the magic mods but I have found the likes of thaumcraft a quite frankly scary mod to get the hang of. So hopefully with this modpack I can slowly get to grips with each of the magic mods. I am gonna also thinking of doing a lets play so hopefully as I progress through the modpack I can at least get to grips with some of the magic mods as they have so much to offer!

Keep up the good work :D