[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but when i load up a world I am getting Minetweaker chat spam. one of the scripts its having a hard time resolving is MCplus.

krazeecain

Jul 29, 2019
This pack really confuses me. Why was industrialcraft added if none of the machines can be made? The machines require normal vanilla iron or IC's refined iron, which are impossible to make in TFC. I feel like a lot of the mods in here don't really work with TFC either (which isn't surprising, it's so damn difficult to make TFC play nice with ANY other mod lol). Also as Tristam said, forging is completely impossible now.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried both ash and oak, and neither works. I'm kind of stuck until I can figure this out, everything I need to progress requires the 3x3, and I'd rather not grind another world to this point again this weekend.

Try doing a fresh install of the pack (Delete ALL old folders related to the pack, except your saves folder, since you want to keep your world)

Well, it looks like all my problems begin and end with the Weather mod in this pack. Disabling it made it so my "server" can "keep up". But disabling it makes it so I can't make a crafting table to expand my crafting grid (or at least enabling it allowed me to expand it). Fun stuff.

If the above doesn't work, then delete weather.zs

I've been getting the same error, along with crashes when attempting to load/create a single player world.

Could you please list all steps needed to repeat this error? Does this happen only in SP, or also in SMP?

Interesting. Since the 2.18.0 update (which I hoped would fix other issues for me, but didn't), I can no longer pull "hot" ingots out of a fire pit, forge, or from a mold. Previously, the ingot would retain its current temperature, which is required for working metal ingots.

Now, when I hover over the ingot before I pull it out of the fire pit, forge, or mold, it shows the ingot with the correct temp (eg. Orange***), when I pull them out and they're on my cursor, they show the correct temp, but the instant I put them in my inventory, they lose their temperature data.

I haven't had time yet, but I'm going to be copying my world and doing a few tests, including making a fresh install of the pack and importing my world into it to see if I can troubleshoot this. I'll hopefully have results this evening.

Fixed in 2.18.1

Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but when i load up a world I am getting Minetweaker chat spam. one of the scripts its having a hard time resolving is MCplus.

You need to do a clean install of the pack, FTB doesn't properly handle removing old script files.

This pack really confuses me. Why was industrialcraft added if none of the machines can be made? The machines require normal vanilla iron or IC's refined iron, which are impossible to make in TFC. I feel like a lot of the mods in here don't really work with TFC either (which isn't surprising, it's so damn difficult to make TFC play nice with ANY other mod lol). Also as Tristam said, forging is completely impossible now.

All mods in this pack are integrated with TFC, which is why they are in this pack to begin with. normal vanilla iron is made by macerating then smelting wrought iron. IC2's refined iron is made with a crafting recipe. Use NEI ALWAYS, because almost every otheer source is usually wrong.

myrkana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues with my bf's computer lagging a good bit with this modpack, we're fairly new to mods so don't really know any of the mods listed. What mods can we turn off that are purely cosmetic?

also how does one disable a mod? the disable button shows up as pink and doesnt seem to do anything :(

Last edited:

Marinara

Jul 29, 2019
Could you please list all steps needed to repeat this error? Does this happen only in SP, or also in SMP?

The crashes only happen in SP, while the time outs are happening in multiplayer. After playing for however long (always seems to be different), I'll get disconnected from multiplayer and be timed out on any attempted logins. Earlier today, restarting seemed to fix the issue for an hour or two at a time, but the last time I tried, I was unable to connect even just after restarting. I then tried singleplayer (which I hadn't attempted today), and had the usual crash.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
The crashes only happen in SP, while the time outs are happening in multiplayer. After playing for however long (always seems to be different), I'll get disconnected from multiplayer and be timed out on any attempted logins. Earlier today, restarting seemed to fix the issue for an hour or two at a time, but the last time I tried, I was unable to connect even just after restarting. I then tried singleplayer (which I hadn't attempted today), and had the usual crash.
For SP, try removing Weather 2. The server is having some issues recently.

I'm having issues with my bf's computer lagging a good bit with this modpack, we're fairly new to mods so don't really know any of the mods listed. What mods can we turn off that are purely cosmetic?

also how does one disable a mod? the disable button shows up as pink and doesnt seem to do anything :(

Better Foliage
Stellar Sky
SciAPI

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
So I think something broke. Just loaded up a new world and I found this
pgzIUjr.png

Also I am getting more script spam this time from the OreDic script. I did I force update, and am now running 2.18.1

Edit: I am also getting quests that are asking for bedrock in order to be completed.

Last edited:

RMC's fartfighter

Jul 29, 2019
ok, so I recently updated my version to the newest out there, and when I try to join the server, my game closes. if I play sp however, all is fine

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
pgzIUjr.png

Also I am getting more script spam this time from the OreDic script. I did I force update, and am now running 2.18.1

Edit: I am also getting quests that are asking for bedrock in order to be completed.

Why, oh why, is this a bug....how does this even happen...
I'll look into the quests, and have you removed any mods at all from the pack?

ok, so I recently updated my version to the newest out there, and when I try to join the server, my game closes. if I play sp however, all is fine

What do you mean by the game closes? Is it timing out (which should now be fixed), or is your game crashing?

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
Just some cosmetic mods. like tabby chat, ACT, and a couple others, but nothing that would remove any items.

RMC's fartfighter

Jul 29, 2019
[QUOTE="What do you mean by the game closes? Is it timing out (which should now be fixed), or is your game crashing?[/QUOTE]

my game cashed, but later on the evening, it just timed out. anyway, glad to hear its fixed!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
pgzIUjr.png

Those actually look kinda cool :D

M

Miner Mike

Was the recipe for industrial hemp seeds removed after 2.17.2?

Will industrial hemp spawn or will seeds drop from breaking tall grass?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Was the recipe for industrial hemp seeds removed after 2.17.2?

Will industrial hemp spawn or will seeds drop from breaking tall grass?

The recipe works, try doing a clean install of the pack (delete mods, scripts, and config folders)

M

Miner Mike

I did a clean install under a new profile in curse and disabled the following mods due to personal preference and lag issues, but the recipe for industrial hemp seeds is still missing.

better sleeping
blood magic
thaumcraft
thaumcraft mob aspects
thaumcraft NEI plugin
warp theory
weather
I then rolled back better foliage for aesthetic reasons and imported the better foliage config, save files, and resource packs. I also edited the dark server config for compatibility.

I'm not sure why any of these changes would have removed the recipe for industrial hemp seeds. I have also noticed areas of obsidian, malis doors, and TNT generating randomly around the world.
I'm guessing that has to do with disabling thaumcraft. I will understand if my inquiry is a lost cause due to so much screwing around with the pack.

I'm loving it so far. I appreciate the continued integration and re-balancing of the mods. Great work!

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
Ya those Malis doors that spawn are a lie and a troll. I broke onto use in my house only to have it turn into some pneumaticraft pipes when placed back down.

B

Bob Smithy

This pack is unplayable for me. I'm trying to run 2.18.1 and it lags horribly just starting into a single player world. I can't even get the server to start. Trying to do technical troubleshooting to even start the game is not my idea of a fun afternoon...

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I did a clean install under a new profile in curse and disabled the following mods due to personal preference and lag issues, but the recipe for industrial hemp seeds is still missing.

better sleeping
blood magic
thaumcraft
thaumcraft mob aspects
thaumcraft NEI plugin
warp theory
weather
I then rolled back better foliage for aesthetic reasons and imported the better foliage config, save files, and resource packs. I also edited the dark server config for compatibility.

I'm not sure why any of these changes would have removed the recipe for industrial hemp seeds. I have also noticed areas of obsidian, malis doors, and TNT generating randomly around the world.
I'm guessing that has to do with disabling thaumcraft. I will understand if my inquiry is a lost cause due to so much screwing around with the pack.

I'm loving it so far. I appreciate the continued integration and re-balancing of the mods. Great work!

You need to remove the other mods and scripts that deal with the ones you removed.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Sent an update request to FTB, if all goes well it should be up soon.

Added ore spawn info to NEI (from lashtear)
By searching for the name of the ore (e.g. "copper"), the rocks that it will spawn in will show in NEI alongside it.
Added Presence Footsteps
Fixed some exploits
Changed shard spawns
Removed Better Sleeping
Disabled sleeping
Spawn is set by right-clicking a bed
Full patch notes: http://pastebin.com/M9yrAZHC