Request Help with automated sugar cane FTB Infinity Evolved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
Sup guys, i need help with automated sugar cane farm, it seems harvester and planter does not work well with sugar cane... any tips ? Except for vanilla farm with pistons and sand

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
The growing-machine-thingy(I can't remember it's name) from TE would also work, but that'd be more tedious(IMO). Do what @Pyure said. Also what was the problem the planter had wwith sugarcane?

Edit: you ninja. I believe that breeding is the only way

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
Are you guys talking about agricraft Crops right? So i'll make a place for it and try something, never used the mod before :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are you guys talking about agricraft Crops right? So i'll make a place for it and try something, never used the mod before :D

Its like an easy and friendly version of IC2 crops if you've encountered those, with a lot of neat toys surrounding it.

The big plus side with your sugarcane farm is that if you bother to upgrade your seeds (not necessary), you'll get considerably more yield per plant, and faster plant growth overall.

I don't even bother with any sort of sprinklers or lamps of growth or anything; a small farm of 10/10/10 plants is sufficient. Its even harvested by the MFR harvester which gets all its power from the lowest-tier RF solar panel.

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
u.U never mind... i'm too noob for this, just made an bud-switch farm from vanilla with ender chest... working fine hahaha xP

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
you can use regular sugarcane with mfr, however, you will not need a planter it will automatically harvest any extra levels of sugarcane with the harvester alone

Reactions: RedBoss

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure you can get sugar cane seeds from long grass, but I would echo the prior comments, agricraft is interesting to get into

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR harvester does work with sugar cane. Planter doesn't though.
Just plant the cane in the harvesters radius and it should collect the growths on top.
However the Agricraft method while a bit tedious is possibly the only viable way to produce for the IE biofuel. Getting 10×3 crops is quite time intensive even with a watering can.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The MFR harvester does work with sugar cane. Planter doesn't though.
Just plant the cane in the harvesters radius and it should collect the growths on top.
However the Agricraft method while a bit tedious is possibly the only viable way to produce for the IE biofuel. Getting 10×3 crops is quite time intensive even with a watering can.

I'm not sure what difficulty level/configs we're working with in agricraft in this pack, but getting 10x3 in any given crop takes around 5-10 minutes if you're bonemealing your good crops, water-canning the double-crops, your crop analyzer thing is within reach, and you take advantage of the fact that (unlike ic2) the majority of numerical mutations are positive.

Reactions: Adonis0

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hard, but the config for Agricraft should be default.
5-10 mins placeing cropsticks, seeds and watering them is too long for me. Depends on the crop maybe?
All I can say is that the only thing more boring is watching grass grow.
Also since when could you bonemeal Agricraft crops? Also if say you where to get at least one of each Agricraft Botania crop to 10×3, that 5-10 mins becomes 80-160 mins of stareing and replanting crops.
Of course; in this case it's just one sugar cane crop. But Agricraft is time consuming.
Im waiting for Gendustry to add compatability or a separate mod to at least get the mutations. A 10×3 seed machine would probably be a bit much.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
5-10 mins placeing cropsticks, seeds and watering them is too long for me. Depends on the crop maybe?
Also since when could you bonemeal Agricraft crops? Also if say you where to get at least one of each Agricraft Botania crop to 10×3, that 5-10 mins becomes 80-160 mins of stareing and replanting crops.
Of course; in this case it's just one sugar cane crop. But Agricraft is time consuming.
Im waiting for Gendustry to add compatability or a separate mod to at least get the mutations. A 10×3 seed machine would probably be a bit much.

You can use the Watercan on the crops. Per crop it took me 5-10 minutes to get a 10/10/10. Now I have all vanilla flowers+Witchery+Botania Flowers + the blazepowder flower(cant remember the name) at 10/10/10.
Took me a day or so of watching a TV show and mind afk watercanning.
Was booring idd. but at least I wont ever run into trouble again.
I also have setup a 7x7 wheat and a 7x7 Sugar farm with 1 Harvester each, and it gives more then enough for a 25/7 Disel generator working.
(FTB Inifnity Evolved Expert)

So I like agricraft :)

and @diehard586 . You are not too noob for this stuff. This is one of the most easy setups you can get, I assume you play Infinity evolved on normal mode, so you should realy try to learn about this "basic" stuff or you will strugel once you get to higher tier mods. At the end, thats the fun abour minecraft... learn.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

No argument from me on boringness. Honestly I only 10x3 a few crops now that I know I want a constant harvest of. Sugarcane primarily for my reaction dynamos. Earlier in the game I might do hemp or cotton or something that produces string. Maybe a bit of cinderpearl.

But for Botania, I don't even bother upgrading them. I made a phytogenic farming thingy from thermal expansion and just mass-produce a bunch of whatever resource I might need. So before I started on Botania, I made a couple stacks of every petal.

btw: you could bonemeal agricraft crops since at least when the Regrowth pack began. Dunno about earlier. Works for standard bonemeal, doesn't work for "fertilizer" and probably other types. Its critical for speed-upgrading your crops so that you're not waiting for the parent-crops to grow (which you're replanting the best of regularly).

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There used to be a config option to disable the use of bonemeal. Now it's just the ability to use bonemeal on crossed sticks for mutation.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There used to be a config option to disable the use of bonemeal. Now it's just the ability to use bonemeal on crossed sticks for mutation.

That makes sense. You need to use watering can (or other growth-ticking mechanism) to speed that up. The wait is probably around 3-5 seconds on average to produce a child plant.