Request Help with automated sugar cane FTB Infinity Evolved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's my usual plan of attack. Still takes a while. I remember making a pack with spice of life and Pam's with gardens disabled. Exept berries, a few base mutations required strawberries at the time, which had no mutation for strawberries for some reason. Essentially I had to rely on mutating Pam's crops to diversify my diet to meet the SoL food requirements.
I made the noob error of insisting the crops be 10x3 and you know how many crops pam has... it took me a good long while to get through only 10 of the crops.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah that's my usual plan of attack. Still takes a while. I remember making a pack with spice of life and Pam's with gardens disabled. Exept berries, a few base mutations required strawberries at the time, which had no mutation for strawberries for some reason. Essentially I had to rely on mutating Pam's crops to diversify my diet to meet the SoL food requirements.
I made the noob error of insisting the crops be 10x3 and you know how many crops pam has... it took me a good long while to get through only 10 of the crops.

ugh nightmare.

Doesn't pams have like some sort of shop you can use to buy seeds from? I saw that in a pack once but it might have been a custom thing added.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
ugh nightmare.

Doesn't pams have like some sort of shop you can use to buy seeds from? I saw that in a pack once but it might have been a custom thing added.
Yes it does, may not have been in at the time. But when I discovered that addition I kind of made an uber frown. Because in that world I relised that strawberries had no mutations and I disabled ALL gardens. Had to re-enable them and travel out to undiscovered chunks. Or at least I thought I had to.
You can even buy livestock spawn eggs and fruit trees...

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The MFR harvester does work with sugar cane. Planter doesn't though.
Just plant the cane in the harvesters radius and it should collect the growths on top.
However the Agricraft method while a bit tedious is possibly the only viable way to produce for the IE biofuel. Getting 10×3 crops is quite time intensive even with a watering can.

Not really, I posted a guide on how to get it done in about a half hour tops. I call it the 'plus-sized' system. Guaranteed to work no matter the config settings, although not always -well-, depending on how it is set up.

Also, crossbreeding 10x3 with a 10x3 tends to result in a 10x3 unless you have played around with the config files. So once you have your basic crops worked up, everything else is pretty much automatically done.

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Not really, I posted a guide on how to get it done in about a half hour tops. I call it the 'plus-sized' system. Guaranteed to work no matter the config settings, although not always -well-, depending on how it is set up.

Also, crossbreeding 10x3 with a 10x3 tends to result in a 10x3 unless you have played around with the config files. So once you have your basic crops worked up, everything else is pretty much automatically done.

Link or never happend :)
Now, honestly. Could you share the link to were you did post this? Can´t find it in your resent posts. You sir are posting to much ;)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I've been finding with default settings in the infinity pack, a 10/10/10 crossed with a 10/10/10 ends up being a 5/5/5 for the new breed

Unintended Cross-Mod Warning:
But one thing that's interesting is the sprinkler in Agricraft stacks with itself insanely well, so I have a roof of those set up, with an aqueous accumulator feeding into the tank. I'm pretty sure that the mechanism for the sprinklers is meant to be with rainwater, but, if you want to go big, you need an aqueous accumulator or an incredibly large tank.

When I'm breeding underneath that set-up, I don't have the chance to use a watering can on it because by the time I've switched to the can the seed is generally 70-80% grown.