Votes: 72 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 546 88.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHayzeU

Jul 29, 2019
I made this design in a few spare minutes/hours tonight. I hope you like it. Personally I think its better than the normal design because it adds more space and room for the Modpack information. Hope you guys like it. If you want to contact me i'm on Teamspeak a lot or just e-mail me or send me a message on the forums.

FTB-Launcher.png

FTB-Launcher-2.png

If you have some criticism please say so, I wont get offended

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I made this design in a few spare minutes/hours tonight. I hope you like it. Personally I think its better than the normal design because it adds more space and room for the Modpack information. Hope you guys like it. If you want to contact me i'm on Teamspeak a lot or just e-mail me or send me a message on the forums.

View attachment 2373
View attachment 2374

If you have some criticism please say so, I wont get offended
hmmmm.... well you sure utilised the space, but is it convenient and practical? tbh i don't think so. firstly, I think that the way you have layed out the mod lists is a bit too big, that piece of information is not that important to need to take up all that space, secondly, this is more a relocation of each object than a makeover. I however do like the fact that you have conveniently added the latest LP map and server download in the selected mod area, this was something I forgot to recommend and have wanted for a while

IHayzeU

Jul 29, 2019
hmmmm.... well you sure utilised the space, but is it convenient and practical? tbh i don't think so. firstly, I think that the way you have layed out the included mods is a bit too big, that piece of information is not that important to need to take up all that space, secondly, this is more a relocation of each object than a makeover. I however do like the fact that you have conveniently added the latest LP map and server download in the selected mod area, this was something I forgot to mention
Thanks man, the things you say make sense. I could always make the font smaller which would take bout 2 seconds. Thanks for your input.

Set

Jul 29, 2019
BACKUP SAVES!!
Didn't read the whole thread so if it's been mentioned then +1

As a person who has had to restore his whole system recently because a blue screen caused two chunks to reset in my main base, an option to get the launcher to make backups of save files would be awesome addition for the lazy/irresponsible.

RedmenNL

Jul 29, 2019
I have designed my version of the new launcher to be in line with the redesign of the site, posted a few weeks ago. I would love to get some feedback. I replaced all the features that are used less often(by me) to other screens. You can add new users in the options panel. You can also select another MC user in that panel. Selecting another user seemed to me as a feature that is used by only a few players. Scrolling doesn't affect the position of the play button. I hope you guys like it. It might look empty, but keep in mind that the window is only 1/4 of your display and this image is larger.

Screen after adding first user, should detect when there are no users added and show add user screen.
feedthebeastdesign.jpg

Screen after selecting a pack:
feedthebeastdesignpacks.jpg

EDIT: uplaods :p

T3sla

Jul 29, 2019
I want... you to come up with your own ideas and stop desperately trying to keep up with other modpack designs. Technic launcher came out with private packs, the next week you came out with private packs. Technic launcher gets a godlike new design, you try to redesign your launcher. BTW, some of the new features in technic are coyrighted exclusively to our launcher.

Lightning3105

Jul 29, 2019
Re skinning would be cool. The tabs and buttons should have a kind of beveled, 3D look to them. A panorama somewhere (like the minecraft menu) would look cool.

cerbralone

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I would like to see a new UI; the current one is bland and boring so in that case change it please!

kheeler

Jul 29, 2019
Whitespace serves a purpose in a design as well. Throwing a wall of text and graphics at a user can be overwhelming and confusing.

drawsius

Jul 29, 2019
I have worked on a new design during the day and this is what i have so far:
szPTKmJ.jpg

As you can see I have not added the actual packs yet but I have a design in mind, but it is very similar to the old design.

You may notice the X and (attempt to a) cogwheel in the corner indicating that I think you should get rid of the window border, this is possible and I think it would make any design look so much better.

I stick to the old colors because i really like the way they work together and I liked the old design as well so this is more of a new foundation.

This is what i got so far, let me know if you like it or if you don't like it let me know what I can do better.

JerrodP123

Jul 29, 2019
Why not increase the time that creeperhost streams the modpack to your computer. Most people cant play because they don't have enough speed to download an entire modpack in 10 minutes.

iRiky

Jul 29, 2019
i'd like to have a way to manage saves ! That could be very usefull :D
and also a way to download maps from urls !

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
I want... you to come up with your own ideas and stop desperately trying to keep up with other modpack designs. Technic launcher came out with private packs, the next week you came out with private packs. Technic launcher gets a godlike new design, you try to redesign your launcher. BTW, some of the new features in technic are coyrighted exclusively to our launcher.

for the record, we did the private packs first.

but thats another matter.

liking all the ideas people have come up with so far, some of the new feature requests are things we have never though about before either :)

calebmenen

Jul 29, 2019
I think it'd be cool if there was a way to mix and match texture packs, i.e. a menu that let you chose texture pack A for buildcraft, C for vanilla, and B for forestry. Also a scaleable window would be nice, along with an option to set a config.zip to be used for a packs config (instead of the default pack) Finally if there was a way to build a pack w/o author's permission that required you to download the mod, i.e. MultiMC style, and when a mod is updated (and the pack reflects it) it prompts you to download the newest version from the mod website.

Michcioperz

Jul 29, 2019
I think something that annoys me the most in the current launcher is that it uses full packs, and if I want to disable some mods, I have to download the full version of modpack anyway.
Also, kind of download manager supporting simultaneous downloads would be very useful.

Reactions: Aritzh

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
^
On that note, it would be nice if we could have different versions of a modpack at once.
Say I like playing on an older version of a modpack, but I'm, also on a server which requires the newest version, or I like to have a customized pack without some mods and with other added ones, rather than having to download each version over and over and having to add and remove mods all the time, why not just be able to have all versions available?

Aritzh

Jul 29, 2019
If a modpack has a map compatible with it, show a button next to the pack that opens another window listing the maps compatible with that pack. This way you won't have a huge list of maps (e.g. Direwolf20's) that just work with one pack.

Also, some way to kill minecraft without having to open task manager would be nice. Kind of what multiMC does. Sometimes I get a bug which overloads packets, and as it is still working it doesn't show a bug-report, and a kill button would be really helpful in that case...

Reactions: Yuka

Dr. Hax PhD.

Jul 29, 2019
Could you guys try to add Optifine to each modpack, because not everyone that plays FTB has awesome computers

Status
Not open for further replies.