No-No's of the Nations: The Re-Happening [Game Thread]

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
You're sending me mixed signals lenscas!

Very towny.

Very wolfy.

One thing you missed was the point I made that I won't get involved in any conflict of interest decisions. If you want to re-test me, I don't care who we test against.
Vote lenscas. Feel better? :p

Also: yeah I'm now the Impyuretor Augustus Caesar but I'm open to any suggestions about whatever the hell it is I can do with my power. I just feel better knowing power can't fall into the wrong hands if you don't mind :)
why was the last thing very wolfy? If after the next test we end up lynching you why not lynch you as soon as possible? Is there something I am missing?

Well....I did not talk about the chance of of having a green one again, so lets talk some more about that.
What does a second green result say?
it says that pyure and duckfan are both on the same team at the first test and that pyure and the new person are on the same time at the second test.
I will agree that the chance of it happening in favor of the wolves is small enough to say that pyure is a villager if the test subjects would be pure random.
Sadly enough the test subjects are not pure random and people "need" to convince other people to choose who is the next test subject. Again, if the wolves are smart and pyure is a wolf they will try to get another wolf into the tester.(result green thus "proving" pyure to be a villager) which for wolves is easier then for villagers at this state of the game.
If they know that pyure is not a wolf, then things can get complicated.
If they try to get us to vote another wolf there is a 50/50 chance we then kill pyure instead of the wolf (not really a 50/50 because of the same reasons a second green might prove nothing)
they can then also try to get us to vote for a villager thus "proving" pyure except that we then still have the possibility of my example why a second green might not tell much.

for now, as I don't have much time I will go a mid way by saying
kill duckfan

this will prevent any extra influence of wolves with the tests and if pyure turns out to be a village keeps him alive. If it turns out he is a wolf, killing pyure shouldn't be much of a problem. Again, this is only as I don't have the time right now to discuss it more right now

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I agree that its a sensible precaution from your perspective to ensure that I as a plausible wolf cannot squeeze a third wolf into the tester using my influential powers.

Dylan: can we do this? "Vote completely random person to go into the tester." Then we get a second test that wolves cannot dick with at all.
If Dylan won't do that, we can also do a perfect antismite around which would result in the same thing.

Peridot

Jul 29, 2019
Dylan, for now can you please for now consider my role addition usage to be:

Bodyguard: Can protect a player each night and prevent them from dying. Does not die in the attempt.
If that's too buff: Can protect a player every other night and prevent them from dying. Does not die in the attempt.
If that's too buff: Can protect a player at night once per game to prevent them from dying. Does not die in the attempt. Does not consume power if nobody is saved.
If that's too buff: Can protect a player at night once per game to prevent them from dying. Will die saving a player. Does not consume power if nobody is saved.
If that's too buff: Can protect a player at night once per game to prevent them from dying. Will die saving a player. Power is consumed whether someone is saved or not.

I don't really expect the first one to fly, but the third one and fourth one are fairly standard.
Am disagree. Is the most standard for bodyguard to have power use of every night, but still die like puny man in process.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I am not against the second check, but I don't think it is a good idea to have the guys that are currently checked have an influence in who to check.
If pyure is a wolf and he knows who the other wolves are (which I assume is the case as I don't remember a rule change about that) and we all blindly follow his vote it doesn't prove anything as pyure is probably smart enough to let us compare him with another wolf.
Another thing is time
Lets say we do the the test and it comes out red we have 2 options: kill pyure or kill the other person
if we choose to kill the person and he was a wolf pyure is proven, no time was lost everyone (except the wolves) are happy
if however the other person was not a wolf we granted a wolf valuable time as a mayor

so, lets say we lynch pyure, in that case we can ask the question: why not right now?
if he is a wolf he gets extra time
if not well....at least we know a proven villager
which brings me to another point. Thanks to pyure's rule edit, having proven villagers is a lot less valuable as we can't vote for mayor anymore.

I fear that if pyure is a wolf, from now on the mayor will stay a wolf as wolves know who the other wolves are and thus know when to kill the mayor if the role falls in the wrong hands. They also know who to pass the mayor role to after the two nights where we as villagers don't have any of this information.

You're sending me mixed signals lenscas!

I smell bullshit. Looks like a wolf to me.

release both
vote lenscas

Also, pyure is clearly showing you that you can trust him without testing him. You're believing what he says so much that you don't realise what he's showing you.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Am disagree. Is the most standard for bodyguard to have power use of every night, but still die like puny man in process.
That's the fourth option. It says "once per game", but since the power is only consumed upon success, it amounts to the same thing.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
While we're considering Mayor power usage, how about doing something that prevents the wolves wrecking the one way we currently have of finding them?

Y'know, just a thought. The tester has its limitations but I much prefer public information over requiring people to paint targets on themselves.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
While we're considering Mayor power usage, how about doing something that prevents the wolves wrecking the one way we currently have of finding them?

Y'know, just a thought. The tester has its limitations but I much prefer public information over requiring people to paint targets on themselves.
So, what? New mayorol rule: erect forcefield around tester?

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that its a sensible precaution from your perspective to ensure that I as a plausible wolf cannot squeeze a third wolf into the tester using my influential powers.

Dylan: can we do this? "Vote completely random person to go into the tester." Then we get a second test that wolves cannot dick with at all.
If Dylan won't do that, we can also do a perfect antismite around which would result in the same thing.
If majority of the town agries i'll allow this.

Reactions: Lethosos