[1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9] Glass Shards and Ice Shards

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, Ice Shards is now a thing! It is available at Curse.
Ice Shards is an addon for Glass Shards. Basically, ice and packed ice will drop shards, and you can craft them back to ice or packed ice.
I'm going to update the OP but I don't have time to do this today. For now, if you want to see the recipes, look a few posts above (except that they now have proper textures thanks to @xTordX :D)

Now that the ice is broken, let's carry on:

I updated Glass Shards to verison 1.3.2:
  • Removed the April Fools changes. For anyone who didn't experience them: On April 1st it would swap the colors White with Light Blue and Yellow with Black on glass shards and various vanilla items, courtesy of the famous Dress.
  • New sword textures by @xTordX. They now have a more irregular shape, like a shard.
  • (@Xottab-DUTY) Updated Russian translation.
  • Changed the way Chisel versions are being checked - it will accept versions newer than 2.3.
  • Minor changes for integrating Ice Shards.

Happy ice breaking everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: xTordX

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
If you hate making a mess when misplacing and breaking ice, Ice Shards 1.1-beta now has a solution:
It adds a Frozen Pickaxe: A tool that can harvest ice and packed ice faster and prevents it from turning into water.
Also some minor changes and fixes.

Have fun!

Reactions: arthahar

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny update to Ice Shards: Version 1.1.1 will not crash with Chisel 2.4.
Fun fact: I didn't have to change a single line of code, just recompile against the new Chisel version :D

Note: The new version won't work with Chisel 2.3, so don't update in this case unless you also update Chisel.

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that the team behind Chisel has split and there are now two forks of Chisel is biting us again.

Glass Shards 1.4 and Ice Shards 1.2 (for Minecraft 1.7.10)
These versions should be compatible with both Cricket's and tterag's version of Chisel. The previous version would crash with the latter.
Unfortunately, fixing this made the code that much more ugly. If you use Cricket's version of Chisel, you shouldn't need to update, and in fact it's probably better if you don't.
Apart from that, there are only small internal changes.

I plan on changing the compatibility system in a way that makes it theoretically proof to changes on the other mods' side (unless they make world-breaking changes).

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't looked it up to see if it's a feature already or not but could you make it so you can melt the glass shards in the Tinker's Construct smeltery into molten glass?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Glass Shards 1.5 and Ice Shards 1.3
From now on, the compatibility with other mods should be more stable. Using the mods' public APIs instead of internals should work much better ^^
What also changed (in both):
  • (@Adaptivity) Updated Russian translations
  • Added support for Ender IO 2.3's Dark Clear Glass
  • Put all EnderIO recipes from the code into resource files
  • Small changes to logging, and other internal changes

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
May I request a feature:
In the config the ability to disable all smelting recipes for making Glass.

The reason I ask for this is so your forced to use the Tinker's Construct Smeltery to turn the Glass shards back into a Glass block. This is a nice hard mode in my opinion (which I would use ;3).

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
May I request a feature:
In the config the ability to disable all smelting recipes for making Glass.

The reason I ask for this is so your forced to use the Tinker's Construct Smeltery to turn the Glass shards back into a Glass block. This is a nice hard mode in my opinion (which I would use ;3).
There we go, the new version has it ^^

Reactions: Zandorum and xTordX

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Glass Shards 1.5.2 and Ice Shards 1.3.1:
Both mods are now also available for Minecraft 1.8.8! And they use Forge's new update checker system, and the item model code is a bit simpler now.
Apart from that: Repairing a Glass Sword in an anvil now requires the matching color of shards (instead of colorless ones).

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Turned out that the 1.8.8 versions of Glass Shards and Ice Shards were broken because the Curseforge plugin was uploading the wrong file ... well that should be fixed now