1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I'd noticed the apple recipe sooner, I tried for an apple tree but never thought to look at the actual apple! remembering to use nei for even the most basic things is something I'm not good at.
Should I have taken the minico blocks ? or did most people go for the pack?
I am enjoying the pack, lots of new mods, I'm forced out of my comfort zone, thank you so much!

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it :D

The apple should be introduced as a quest in first line iirc. Pack or minico is indeed a hard choice ;)

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I'd noticed the apple recipe sooner, I tried for an apple tree but never thought to look at the actual apple! remembering to use nei for even the most basic things is something I'm not good at.
Should I have taken the minico blocks ? or did most people go for the pack?
I am enjoying the pack, lots of new mods, I'm forced out of my comfort zone, thank you so much!

I would say it's a question of whether you want the convenience of the blood pack or not. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the blood pack as the damage effects get annoying. Though using the minico blocks to make a growth accelerator is nice but the ease of making the sigil of the green grove kind of makes a single growth accelerator useless. turning in 100 iron ingots for a cow seed also makes the pack rather easy to make if you want both, though it takes time to get the iron. Makes a nice source of steak as well for food.

Really enjoying the pack so far, was quite happy to see that while mekanism was included the generators weren't.

Reactions: Caithleen

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Pulser+sigil and you swim in iron.

Srsly! You sound like Genny! :D

Dont forget earth btw. pulser and iron bush.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
A large number of quests give tanks of molten iron also. when thrown through the ingot caster they give somewhere around a 100 iron ingots, think I got like 4 of those tanks so far.

So what's an early way of getting sugar cane. Suppose I could get lucky and a zombie could drop a carrot for carrot seeds but besides that I don't see anyway to get it until I can use Botania's alchemy catalyst to transmute wheat into potatoes and then carrots.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
So what's an early way of getting sugar cane. Suppose I could get lucky and a zombie could drop a carrot for carrot seeds but besides that I don't see anyway to get it until I can use Botania's alchemy catalyst to transmute wheat into potatoes and then carrots.
Agricraft is in the pack something to do with cross breeding.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Agricraft is in the pack something to do with cross breeding.

Which is why I needed carrot seeds for the sugar cane seeds. no way to get carrot seeds without a carrot which afaik only drops from a zombie once in a while or through Botania's alchemy catalyst. Well doesn't matter I suppose I'm almost to Botania, just need to kill a ghast to get the final inscription tool to make the ritual of binding was mostly just curious if I was missing something

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a portable tank full of LP, how to pipe it to altar ? I'm in early stage.

EDIT : I've found last quest give me a configurator :)

Last edited:

TheGraphix

Jul 29, 2019
Would be cool to be able to just play with some friends on a private server, any idea what mods you have to remove?

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far. I also felt silly getting a stack of iron berries and then found out they smelted into ingots. Another thing I felt so stupid about it using a vanilla cobble gen... >.>

Reactions: smashkeys

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Holoinventory is little disturbing, is it possible to disable it?

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

I find it annoying as well, believe you can remove the mod file even if playing on a server, if not you can go into the HoloInventory.cfg file and change the line I:mode = 0 to 1 or 2. 1 will allow you to define a key binding to toggle it on or off and 2 will keep it disabled unless the key bind is pressed down. not sure why 0 is the default config option, 1 would of made more sense no point in creating a key and then requiring users to modify the config option to use the key.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Hai just curious is there a ETA on Beta? im asking because im thinking of doing a lets play series on this and i wanna keep it up to date, but i dont wanna make a series then find out Beta comes out 5-6 episodes later, if you dont wanna give a exact date ill take soon as a reasonable answer to wait :p

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
My induction crucible is stuck at 1291 K and gold require 1350 to be smelled.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
You need 2 blood dynamos to make enough power to smelt stuff. Thats why i give you a second one ;)

Holoinventory has changed its default to only show with hotkey.

Some of the weird inventory behaviour should be gone in next version.

ETA for Beta is roughly ... some weeks.

Vanilla seeds etc. is avaible from bonemealing grass... how to get grass? Booo boooo tania! :D

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't many YouTube videos on the foundry mod.

At some aspects it seems better than tinckers.

You use TC for the berries only?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Nope you can make the metal tools later in the foundry. (Check cast recipe)

No early tools/weapons and no imba-late weapons thoo.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
No early tools/weapons and no imba-late weapons thoo.
I'm tired of TC, too many modpacks use it and is TC tools is so OP that if an other mod exist it completely obliterate it.

I'm french and I don't understand very well some english expressions, what is imba-late weapons ?

Status
Not open for further replies.