[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Doraboots

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I wanna start by saying thank you for a unique and enjoyable modpack. But I do have a pressing issue. My world is not showing up when start up the modpack, I checked to make sure the save is still in its folder, and it is, safe and sound. I don't know if you've answered this kinda question before or this is an issue others have had, but if anyone could be of assistance, that would be fantastic.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I wanna start by saying thank you for a unique and enjoyable modpack. But I do have a pressing issue. My world is not showing up when start up the modpack, I checked to make sure the save is still in its folder, and it is, safe and sound. I don't know if you've answered this kinda question before or this is an issue others have had, but if anyone could be of assistance, that would be fantastic.
*looks at your profile picture*

Alright! Who let out 682?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My world is not showing up when start up the modpack, I checked to make sure the save is still in its folder, and it is, safe and sound. I don't know if you've answered this kinda question before or this is an issue others have had, but if anyone could be of assistance, that would be fantastic.
Sounds like your level.dat got corrupted. Look a page or two back to see how to recover your world via Aroma Backup. You should only need to copy out the level.dat from the backup.

If its corrupted before the 0.1.1 update, go into the folder and look for level.dat_old (or something similar) and rename it to level.dat. That 'should' work, if not, it gets a bit more complicated.

Uristqwerty

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think 51 (I think that's the one that no-one can remember any specifics of) might be a TARDIS or at least an overclocked perception filter from one.
Do you mean 55? And, if so, have you seen some of the recent antimemetics stories by the guy who wrote the first half?

Less tangentally, I've been finding this modpack rather neat; if only I had the spare time to properly devote to it (and just about anything else related to Minecraft).

Doraboots

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like your level.dat got corrupted. Look a page or two back to see how to recover your world via Aroma Backup. You should only need to copy out the level.dat from the backup.
It is from the latest version, If you could tell me where I can find that Aroma Backup tool, id appreciate it. I have tried searching for it by the way, only reason im asking.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It is from the latest version, If you could tell me where I can find that Aroma Backup tool, id appreciate it. I have tried searching for it by the way, only reason im asking.
There's no tool, it basically backs up the world into a zip file in the /minecraft/backups folder. Here is where I detail how to find the right files, hopefully it helps out!

Doraboots

Jul 29, 2019
There's no tool, it basically backs up the world into a zip file in the /minecraft/backups folder. Here is where I detail how to find the right files, hopefully it helps out!
Thank you so much! Now im going to get back to enjoying this wonderful modpack.

Jopagu

Jul 29, 2019
I have been really liking this pack so far, it has a great mod list and the shop system is fun. The only things I would like added like are missing are more Thaumcraft addons, like Automagy, and Railcraft. Could you consider adding those for the next version? I feel like they would be good additions to the pack.

Reactions: Pudding01

kaimokene

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if somebody has told you this already dont want to flip through like 20 pages to see but there is a growthcraft community edition mod

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much! Now im going to get back to enjoying this wonderful modpack.
Excellent, glad it worked out!

The only things I would like added like are missing are more Thaumcraft addons, like Automagy, and Railcraft. Could you consider adding those for the next version? I feel like they would be good additions to the pack.
At this point, something like Railcraft is a bit too big to be adding to the pack, I need to balance out load times and stuff as well as keep in mind the quest limits.

As for Automagy, I'm still debating if I'm going to add it or not.

I dont know if somebody has told you this already dont want to flip through like 20 pages to see but there is a growthcraft community edition mod
Oh interesting! I'm not sure if I'm going to readd it at this point, unfortunately.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Why is "Pumpkin 3" in a different contract from Pumpkins 1 and 2?

Edit: You know what? You might as well just go through all of Deco-Craft's items and re-assign them according to their total clay cost...

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
A little confused about world gen. Are we intended to create our 1.11 world's as default or realistic world gen? First post repetedly says to use biomes o plenty, but that's not an option.

To the above poster, there is a changelog that has information on the wip 1.13 update.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...k5odugwIm415nTbV08/mobilebasic#h.eu5hr3owy51a
Depends on what you want, RWG is completely optional and won't affect questing, and they have yet to remove all the things that say "use Biomes o Plenty".

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, no pressure, but I'm just wondering: Are we getting a new questline in 0.1.2?
Yes, I'm planning on one major questline (and its a doozy...) and hopefully a couple of smaller ones (things like Storage Drawers or whatnot which can be between 1 and 10 quests is a 'small' quest line).

A little confused about world gen. Are we intended to create our 1.11 world's as default or realistic world gen? First post repetedly says to use biomes o plenty, but that's not an option.
You can use either normal or RWG, since there isn't any questing that's locked to RWG generation. I just forgot to change the in game hover tip and the main post! Main post updated now.

Edit: You know what? You might as well just go through all of Deco-Craft's items and re-assign them according to their total clay cost...
I think you missed me saying I was pretty much going to be doing this with the rebalancing of all contracts anyways. Between 0.1.0 and 0.1.1 of the modpack, Decocraft had a ton of updates and recipe changes, so thats why it seems out of sync.

So, I skimmed the thread, but lets face it, there are a lot of pages.
Yeah, there's a lot of pages, sometimes its hard to keep track of everything.

As to your issue, some questions :
  1. What are the specs of the server? RAM and CPU?
  2. Java is updated to latest?
  3. What are the java arguments being used when running the server?
These are the three major points that can help with a server. There's a few other things, but these are the simplest to tackle first.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm planning on one major questline (and its a doozy...) and hopefully a couple of smaller ones (things like Storage Drawers or whatnot which can be between 1 and 10 quests is a 'small' quest line).

You can use either normal or RWG, since there isn't any questing that's locked to RWG generation. I just forgot to change the in game hover tip and the main post! Main post updated now.

I think you missed me saying I was pretty much going to be doing this with the rebalancing of all contracts anyways. Between 0.1.0 and 0.1.1 of the modpack, Decocraft had a ton of updates and recipe changes, so thats why it seems out of sync.

Yeah, there's a lot of pages, sometimes its hard to keep track of everything.

As to your issue, some questions :
  1. What are the specs of the server? RAM and CPU?
  2. Java is updated to latest?
  3. What are the java arguments being used when running the server?
These are the three major points that can help with a server. There's a few other things, but these are the simplest to tackle first.
I did see that... I just mis-interpreted what you said then. I'm not quite sure what you said anymore (then I knew, but I've forgotten... Studying for a Midterm will do that to your short-term memory.)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I did see that... I just mis-interpreted what you said then. I'm not quite sure what you said anymore (then I knew, but I've forgotten... Studying for a Midterm will do that to your short-term memory.)
It's okay, I just realized I mighta sounded a bit short there, didn't mean to! This thread moves fast in sudden spurts so kinda easy to lose track of meaning or the thread of conversation =)