[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
the "somthing's brewing" quest states that a spark can be attached to a botanical brewery to feed it mana, but i cant seem to get that working.
is it a mistake in the quest or am i doing something wrong?

Do you have it connected to a second spark above a mana pool? If so, can you post a picture of your setup? That will help if there's something simple causing a problem. I've set it up with sparks in previous versions of Botania so I know it will work for Botania in general, haven't done it in this version of this pack yet though.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to figure out a way to semi-automate the Dandelifeon with the currently installed mods of this pack. I can place the blocks using that block-placing flower, but for that to be useful I need one of the following:

1) A way to move a set number of items from one inventory to another on receiving a redstone pulse
2) A way to send a set number of redstone pulses when it receives a redstone pulse
3) A way to count the number of redstone pulses that have been sent.

2 and 3 are probably asking for the same thing, since if I have 3, 2 is just having a timer run and then shutting itself off when the counter outputs, but I wanted to separate them in case someone had a clever setup for 2.

Anyways, if someone knows of a way to do these, help would be much appreciated.
1. Dunno would love to know ANY mod that can, tried this with TE but it doesnt quite work well. I did solve this with AE2 a while back but this was in conjunction with project red.

2. Easy with a couple repeaters and redstonedust.

---------------------
^ ^ ^ ^
>-->-->-->-

- = redstone dust
> = repeater direction (the right facing ones need to be set to the delay)

Quite hard to do in ascii xD

edit:
Maybe a picture is easier

Lhrglpk.png

Just tested this and seems the delays need to be longer xD but you get the idea

3. Dunno a simple way, prolly need a contraption of pistons and glass and such aka the vanilla way to store data from redstone. Rather not use those since those are large and quite complicated.

We REALLY could use project red or something alike. I got by with gates and clever contraptions but life would be so much easier with a mod like that xD

Last edited:

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the Spirit world of Witchcraft, I have to make the brew of flowing spirit but how do I proceed ? It's like a new world where I can't take stuff from the overworld so I have to redo everything up to the kettle (which involve the elven portail form Botania). So how do I do that efficiently ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the Spirit world of Witchcraft, I have to make the brew of flowing spirit but how do I proceed ? It's like a new world where I can't take stuff from the overworld so I have to redo everything up to the kettle (which involve the elven portail form Botania). So how do I do that efficiently ?

this is a really hard quest, at least in my opinion. I just ignored this quest till i found the need to do it xD
I really think this will require you to start from semiscratch over there, the only shortcut i could find was that ores spawn there like normal

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019

There are a few options. Depending on how cheaty you feel, there are some baubles that will travel over with you if worn when you enter. One I believe has an inventory, but I'm not familiar with the details. If you do a simple search on this thread for spirit world keywords you'll find several answers. If that's too cheaty for you (it is for me), you'll find saplings if you explore enough, slate spawns underground as do ores, and oysters will give you ender pearls with a bit of patience, at which point you can set up an ender chest for the next time you head over there from the real world.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
1. Dunno would love to know ANY mod that can, tried this with TE but it doesnt quite work well. I did solve this with AE2 a while back but this was in conjunction with project red.

2. Easy with a couple repeaters and redstonedust.

---------------------
^ ^ ^ ^
>-->-->-->-

- = redstone dust
> = repeater direction (the right facing ones need to be set to the delay)

Quite hard to do in ascii xD

edit:
Maybe a picture is easier

Lhrglpk.png

Just tested this and seems the delays need to be longer xD but you get the idea

3. Dunno a simple way, prolly need a contraption of pistons and glass and such aka the vanilla way to store data from redstone. Rather not use those since those are large and quite complicated.

We REALLY could use project red or something alike. I got by with gates and clever contraptions but life would be so much easier with a mod like that xD

With a bit of thought (And finally finding that the Automagy magic timer only responds to signals from above), I've concluded that setting that timer to only be on with a redstone signal and then having a signal lengthener that keeps it on for a certain amount of time would also work.

I haven't really played around with the rest of automagy, which is one of the reasons I asked about the first one, since it might have something. With AE I could see a semi-simple setup using an ME interface set to keep a certain number stocked, with it's connection to the rest of the network on a toggle bus so I can disable while it's pumping things.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to figure out a way to semi-automate the Dandelifeon with the currently installed mods of this pack. I can place the blocks using that block-placing flower, but for that to be useful I need one of the following:

1) A way to move a set number of items from one inventory to another on receiving a redstone pulse
2) A way to send a set number of redstone pulses when it receives a redstone pulse
3) A way to count the number of redstone pulses that have been sent.

2 and 3 are probably asking for the same thing, since if I have 3, 2 is just having a timer run and then shutting itself off when the counter outputs, but I wanted to separate them in case someone had a clever setup for 2.

Anyways, if someone knows of a way to do these, help would be much appreciated.

Botanias Corporea funnel can inset 1,16,32, or 64 of an item into an inventory in response to a redstone pulse.

BillyKal

Jul 29, 2019
I want some help automating the harvesting of crops using buildcraft robots..If someone can help me get a system up and running, I would be glad! :D

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few options. Depending on how cheaty you feel, there are some baubles that will travel over with you if worn when you enter. One I believe has an inventory, but I'm not familiar with the details. If you do a simple search on this thread for spirit world keywords you'll find several answers. If that's too cheaty for you (it is for me), you'll find saplings if you explore enough, slate spawns underground as do ores, and oysters will give you ender pearls with a bit of patience, at which point you can set up an ender chest for the next time you head over there from the real world.

Used the knapsack, thanks ! I couldn't handle all the progress I had to do in the spirit world, that was too much.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
I do love JABBA for it's dolly's, Picking up full chests and putting them in a chest full of dolly's and to still be able to pick it up with a dolly, seems kinda cheaty but so handy when mining in the nether with an S rank TerraSteel pick (with both silktouch and the elementium pick combined, just tunnel straight through and with the ring of the Aesir the mining area is increased, i take no damage from lava and don't starve.

Now if only there was something i could do about the falling lava that's left behind, it's tiresome to try and clear up.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with a combination of Automagy magic timers and redcrystal, vanilla Minecraft droppers and repeaters, and Botania ranuncarpuses, I have successfully automated the running of my dandelifeon setup. The only issue is that ranuncorpuses occasionally will "eat" a cellular block without placing it, leading to that cycle being messed up. Well, that and them being a bit slow to work. I do wish there was another "block place" option available in this pack, but I guess I can't complain too much.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intentional that the staff reward from "Of Staves and Scepters" cannot use any wand foci?
If you chose the Staff-Sceptre then yes. That quest gives the option of a staff, a sceptre or a staff-sceptre. Staff-Sceptres are only really useful as a big vis battery to power things like the repair enchant or runic shielding, or to do things like jar nodes, since they can neither equip foci nor be used in a arcane workbench.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have it connected to a second spark above a mana pool? If so, can you post a picture of your setup? That will help if there's something simple causing a problem. I've set it up with sparks in previous versions of Botania so I know it will work for Botania in general, haven't done it in this version of this pack yet though.

i just placed a botanical brewery on the ground and tried to right click it, left click it, and shift right click it with a spark.
that didnt do anything. trowing the spark at the brewery also doesn't work.
i think you just cant use sparks with a brewery.
but since the quest stated that they could be used, i wanted to check it.

and i did try all of the above near my already existing spark network.

Elektrivin

Jul 29, 2019
Like a lot of you I was disappointed that golems are breaking AgriCraft sticks in the current version of Regrowth. I was really happy when I created my golems but then he ruined my farms. I was (and I am still not) willing to use other ways of automation, so I started doing some research. I found out that Golems are able to use a Tinkers' construct scythe and that it will harvest a 3x3 area even if golems are using it.

I created a small tutorial on how to create a fully automatically AgriCraft farm without any maintenance costs that even works in the current version of Regrowth. Unfortunately this does require some more advanced stuff like a Thaumcraft Infusion Altar, but I think this really fits the style of the mod pack. So if anyone is interested in more details about the process of creating my design, I created a short tutorial on Imgur to explain exactly what I did.

I hope this helps other people by automating their farms!

@thephoenixlodge: You really did a great job on this mod pack and I love every part of it. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: this is meant for people playing on a public server and not able to update AgriCraft to the latest version.

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
i just placed a botanical brewery on the ground and tried to right click it, left click it, and shift right click it with a spark.
that didnt do anything. trowing the spark at the brewery also doesn't work.
i think you just cant use sparks with a brewery.
but since the quest stated that they could be used, i wanted to check it.

and i did try all of the above near my already existing spark network.

runic alter and brewery can only be powered via mana spreader as far as i know

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Raven is correct. Vazkii believes that neither of them require enough mana during "standard" use to require the throughput of sparks. You can GREATLY speed up the process by understanding the rules of mana bursts though. Travel time is the single biggest bottleneck with mana transfer via burst. ONLY one burst from a spreader is allowed to exist at once. This means a two block gap is nearly twice as slow as a one block gap (assuming your mana spreader stays fully saturated with mana). A no-block gap is also significantly faster than a one block gap (not instant, the spreaders have a slight internal cooldown, but still WAY faster).

Lenses are also very helpful. With a touching system, I'm not sure if velocity is a good idea (haven't done any testing), but I know flat-out that potency is. Obviously so is upgrading your spreader to elven and then gaia.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Raven is correct. Vazkii believes that neither of them require enough mana during "standard" use to require the throughput of sparks. You can GREATLY speed up the process by understanding the rules of mana bursts though. Travel time is the single biggest bottleneck with mana transfer via burst. ONLY one burst from a spreader is allowed to exist at once. This means a two block gap is nearly twice as slow as a one block gap (assuming your mana spreader stays fully saturated with mana). A no-block gap is also significantly faster than a one block gap (not instant, the spreaders have a slight internal cooldown, but still WAY faster).

Lenses are also very helpful. With a touching system, I'm not sure if velocity is a good idea (haven't done any testing), but I know flat-out that potency is. Obviously so is upgrading your spreader to elven and then gaia.
adding to this: to decrease the time that it requires to do the crafting, point multiple spreaders at the brewery/altar.