[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Revenex

Jul 29, 2019
It's no longer the recommended version on the launcher, but I've been using v1.0.8, which has been really stable.

I really love playing this modpack, so I hope Gideon does come back and get some patches and updates in!

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
That does not seem right.
If you go the dust route, you could probably double it.
Are you sure the ingot takes a full bucket? I think normally an ingot is 144mb...

orranmargath

Jul 29, 2019
yeah an ingot is normally 144mb, however one ingot gives you 1000 mb of fuel for the big reactor, i assume thats where the problem is, and type of grinder that gives dust works fine, its just the liquid conversion thats kinda off, made the mistake of putting a stack of ore into my smeltery..

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
is yellorium ore supposed to only produce 288 mb in the smeltery while it takes 1000mb to produce an ingot??

That does not seem right.
If you go the dust route, you could probably double it.
Are you sure the ingot takes a full bucket? I think normally an ingot is 144mb...

The answer to both these questions is that BR does not implement yellorium as a fluid in forge. Tinkers sort of hacks around it, and this is why you can smelt it into a fluid. BUT you will not be able to pour it into a bucket, and if you do actually get it into a bucket it will sooner or later turn into a water bucket.

Ionfalcom

Jul 29, 2019
soooo I seem to be having an issue with the Foresty carpenter in that it crashes out and closes FTB.Here's the crash log

It's actually Most of the Forestry machines the only one so far that does not CTD is the centrifuge

Attachments

• crash-2015-10-14_02.50.20-client.txt
    56.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
soooo I seem to be having an issue with the Foresty carpenter in that it crashes out and closes FTB.Here's the crash log

It's actually Most of the Forestry machines the only one so far that does not CTD is the centrifuge

This has been a common problem, I'll quote someone else's answer because they know what they are doing better than I do.

@Bean Wack, it is a known problem with the Forestry machines. It was already fixed in Forestry itself a while ago, but not yet updated in the pack.
Why NEI crashes with the updated Forestry I don't know. Possibly another mod is breaking. The most likely candidate would be NEIIntegration. You could try disabling or updating that.
Or just wait for Gideon to be done with the next version of the pack :)

Unfortunately I'm not sure if this pack is still being updated. It's been many months since we heard anything.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, I doubt there'll be any updates.
Would've been nice if Gideon actually mentioned this at some point.

Anyway, it seems like Infinity hard mode is the spiritual successor to this pack, and it honestly looks like much more care went into that one.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
soo i'm kinda SOL for the server then? unfortunate
Not really, if you read back a bit in this topic I think someone got it working. But I don't think there is any hope for official updates.

Well I guess you could poke Gideon real hard. He mentioned at some point he had updated all the mods and was working on configs for the next version (which never came).
He could just release the version he has right now I guess, as a suggested version.

ProfessorKappa

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Is it possible to run Cauldron on a Dark Trilogy server, and if so, what version would I have to use?

I am well aware that Cauldron is no longer being developed, but will any of the existing versions work?

Legosheep

Jul 29, 2019
Has this modpack been removed? The pack code (darktrilogy) isn't working in the launcher. It says it's not recognised.

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Has this modpack been removed? The pack code (darktrilogy) isn't working in the launcher. It says it's not recognised.

It's kind of been replaced. Gideon moved over to working on FTB Infinity Evolved, which is in many ways a better version of The Dark Trilogy. Your best bet will be to start playing that, as even if you did get TDT working it will not be updated or maintained, whilst Infinity Evolved will be.

SlayerOfTheBad

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to charge a flux mattock in an EnderIO farming station, or an option to pull tools out of the farming station? I can't seem to find one, and I need one for free power. any help is appreciated.