[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
alright but when is the next update coming?
There should be no date! It's all volunteers work and if things get rushed, they get broken!
That status update though, I like that.

All-in-all, it's "When it's done".

And another question i don't like some of the custom recipes but i cant figure out how to change them, how do i change them?
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker
But, please search the forum on this, I did ;)

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
There should be no date! It's all volunteers work and if things get rushed, they get broken!
That status update though, I like that.

All-in-all, it's "When it's done".

http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker
But, please search the forum on this, I did ;)
cool thanks man! but i still dont understand where are the Ender IO conduits like i really like them where are they.
Edit: i dont know why there arent Ender IO conduits but do you have suggestions what cables should i use to transfer RF in early survival? the ones from Extra Utilities are very expensive
and so are the energy nodes i basically cant make any cables without energy but i dont have ways to transfer energy :/

Last edited:

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
cool thanks man! but i still dont understand where are the Ender IO conduits like i really like them where are they.
Np. :)
They where removed, but will be back, expensive. (Read: probably requires QED)

Edit: do you have suggestions what cables should i use to transfer RF in early survival? the ones from Extra Utilities are very expensive
and so are the energy nodes i basically cant make any cables without energy but i dont have ways to transfer energy :/
I used the IC2 cables. You cannot see it, but they DO also carry RF!
Else you could use the Buildcraft kinesis pipes. Those are just wood, glass and (cobble)stone and redstone for the first tier. Search NEI for Kinesis for all of them, they do carry different amounts of RF.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
Np. :)
They where removed, but will be back, expensive. (Read: probably requires QED)

I used the IC2 cables. You cannot see it, but they DO also carry RF!
Else you could use the Buildcraft kinesis pipes. Those are just wood, glass and (cobble)stone and redstone for the first tier. Search NEI for Kinesis for all of them, they do carry different amounts of RF.
IC2 cables carry RF? dude since when is this possible? thank you man really helped me out. (i know about kinesis pipes but forgot to list them i dont like them too much)

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Got to say I LOVE the BC power pipes.
I have a love-hate relationship with them :p

I think the problem is the diversity. There are too many of them and they are too expensive.
They do look cool when there's power through them, but I think I prefer the look of the TE conduits a tad more ;)

Bean Wack

Jul 29, 2019
I have a server up and Forestry's Carpenter crashes the game every time I try to access it. I figured i would need to manually update it, but it would seem that I have the latest version of the mod.

Edit. I decided to update Forestry myself regardless of what it claims is up-to-date. It fixed the problem but then brought about another one. Now I can't check any recipe in NEI without it crashing the game.

Last edited:

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
@Bean Wack, it is a known problem with the Forestry machines. It was already fixed in Forestry itself a while ago, but not yet updated in the pack.
Why NEI crashes with the updated Forestry I don't know. Possibly another mod is breaking. The most likely candidate would be NEIIntegration. You could try disabling or updating that.
Or just wait for Gideon to be done with the next version of the pack :)

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
Since this topic seems rather dead, how about a bit of an update on what's going to be new in terms of config changes?

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I would say Tinkers'.
It's not very expensive to make and it allows you to make large batches of steel relatively quickly, if you have the required materials.
Railcraft's method is cheaper but incredibly slow.
I kind of stuck with Tinkers' so I never really checked if there are methods later in the game (possibly IC2?).

Reactions: Wiesieek

fyredraken

Jul 29, 2019
Using the recommended pack from the launcher I found that the CoFH mods are bugged. Whenever a fluiduct is placed it crashes the client. It also crashes the server and stops it from coming back online. The forge needs updated and all CoFH and Thermal *** packs need to be updated. Forge update is needed for CoFH packs to be runnable. Other than that it is a solid pack great job.

junkmachine

Jul 29, 2019
Finally found peppercorn after a hour of flying around >.< really should just be put into a quest reward. It was at 71,1331,73 if anyone else doesnt want to fly around for a hour.

CyberBrew

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All... read up to the point of where there was mention that a fix for Forestry is coming. Does anyone know when that will be? Every time I access the Thermionic Fab my game crashes. Crash report indicates something to do with Fluid. I read also where you could possibly downgrade Forge to 10.13.2.1291 from 10.13.3.1403 but Dr. Noob here can't figure out how to downgrade it. I tried removing the latest Forge folder as I still have the 1291 jar in the "libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge" folder but when I launch from FTB it just updates to 1403 Forge again.

Last edited:

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid Gideon forgot about this pack...
Last thing I remember he had updated mods and was working on configs.

Playing with Forge versions will probably not help you, as other mods may break as a result.
I think I remember a working Forestry version being posted on their bugtracker, but I'm not 100% sure.
I assume you tried updating Forestry instead of Forge?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hey All... read up to the point of where there was mention that a fix for Forestry is coming. Does anyone know when that will be? Every time I access the Thermionic Fab my game crashes. Crash report indicates something to do with Fluid. I read also where you could possibly downgrade Forge to 10.13.2.1291 from 10.13.3.1403 but Dr. Noob here can't figure out how to downgrade it. I tried removing the latest Forge folder as I still have the 1291 jar in the "libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge" folder but when I launch from FTB it just updates to 1403 Forge again.
THIS WILL ONLY WORK IN SINGLE PLAYER
  • Download MultiMC
  • Have it monitor your FTB files
  • Select to edit the mod-pack
  • Replace the forge version