[1.7.10] Do What You Want - DWYW [ProjectE] [Skyblock]

thatonesaddude

Jul 29, 2019
Let's get some quick opinions out of the way:

I don't love skyblock. It's a pretty used world type/theme.
There isn't a bunch of mods - really love modpacks with more mods but then there's the aspect of slower computers having trouble running it.
Long and very in depth quest books, love those :p

Anyway, for the constructiveness:

I feel like the whole concept of this modpack is too "open". I like having a goal and being told what to do by the questbook guiding me.

Well, pretty stuck here.
http://prntscr.com/8q6zzq
Not sure what to do besides let the tree grow.

You should make a quest give some building blocks and a watering can at least.
Well, I read the above post, you really need to write that in the book if you haven't. (not like everyone reads it anyway..)

This is a rough outline of what a skyblock could be. I don't like the no-story part, "Do what you want" end-game means making a giant empire of skyscrapers but that isn't available with the current materials. I say you should take a loo

Overall: this is a very unfinished modded skyblock, there are definitely not enough things to do. Playtime could be a couple of hours with/without idling. There isn't much to say because there isn't much to do. I'd love to try it again if you're going to update it seriously.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
It has the tree growing simulator (TGS), so if you twerk (press shift a bunch) it will grow trees :)
If you knew that and still want bone meal, you can always cheat it in, but I didn't think people really needed it with the TGS. If more people ask I will definitely add it.
I didn't know about this mod. I guess then Bonemeal is not required.

mattv52

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm checking out if I like this pack. So far, there isn't enough quests for me so I probably won't be staying. Sorry
Hey packmaker, if you want some serious constructive criticism and/or suggestions, just ask me. I'll be happy to help.

Edit: if you REALLY want to join a server, I might put it up. Doesn't satisfy all my pack needs though :/
Me and my friend would REALLY REALLY love it if you could get a server out there and would play a lot

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
So I played a while with this pack. I like it, because I like ProjectE. I guess if you don't like ProjectE the pack is not for you.
I'd suggest adding Equivalent Energistics. And the pack needs a lot more quests of course.

lordliam13

Jul 29, 2019
just created an 8 person cobble gen which generates an average of 7 cobble per person, 56 cobble total xD, with veinminer it generates 20k cobble every 3 min, op as heck

Last edited:

lordliam13

Jul 29, 2019
made a diamond hammer and used it on the gen and then sifted the 1400 and something gravel i got -.-
edit, imma just start editing my last comment now xD

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the hiatus. I was very busy with school and work and family :/ I am back to work and will have a new version of this pack up within this next week. There will be more quests, more mods, and more configs :) I will also try to fix any of the bugs you guys have reported and making things less overpowered. If anybody has any suggestions, requests or just wants to say something about DWYW, just tell me with a pm or add it as a comment here.

I'm glad to be back and hope to stay! :)

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at it more, and maybe you could have the option to go hardcore instead of forcing them at first.

Cilaren

Jul 29, 2019
Looks interesting about to Try it.

Edit: Thought I'd also post some Tips for anyone new to modded sky block.

1. Crooks can Vein mine logs as well as leaves. very helpful early game before you have an Axe.
2. Slab furnace! takes 8 slabs, takes 6 cobblestone,
3. you can Craft the Left over slabs from making the Slab Furnace Back into cobble. just place one on top of the other in a crafting grid.
4. claim all reward bags, but don't open. wait till you have a Transmutation table from Project E, and have it learn them, Basic bag nets you 10K energy and cost the same to make.
5. Use wood slabs as a floor. and make sure that they are place so that they are on the bottom half of the block. this prevents all mob spawn's.

If i think of anything else i may edit this post again.

Also the Bags being usable in the Project E transmutation table Might be a bug or jsut unintended, And may be changed in the future so use it while you can.

Last edited:

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
Looks interesting about to Try it.

Edit: Thought I'd also post some Tips for anyone new to modded sky block.

1. Crooks can Vein mine logs as well as leaves. very helpful early game before you have an Axe.
2. Slab furnace! takes 8 slabs, takes 6 cobblestone,
3. you can Craft the Left over slabs from making the Slab Furnace Back into cobble. just place one on top of the other in a crafting grid.
4. claim all reward bags, but don't open. wait till you have a Transmutation table from Project E, and have it learn them, Basic bag nets you 10K energy and cost the same to make.
5. Use wood slabs as a floor. and make sure that they are place so that they are on the bottom half of the block. this prevents all mob spawn's.

If i think of anything else i may edit this post again.

Also the Bags being usable in the Project E transmutation table Might be a bug or jsut unintended, And may be changed in the future so use it while you can.

This is great for a beginner to skyblock! Thanks. Also I intended on having the basic reward bag having emc for now until I add better rewards into the game. It is only the basic ones and is just a fun way to make some extra emc for now :)

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Might I suggest adding Twilight Forest mod, specifically for the Uncrafting Table as this pairs very well with ProjectE in a skyblock?

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
Might I suggest adding Twilight Forest mod, specifically for the Uncrafting Table as this pairs very well with ProjectE in a skyblock?
Would you/other people like me to disable the forest part or leave it in? I'm not sure wheather to leave it in or if I can even remove it... I like the idea of the uncrafting table and could change the recipe.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Would you/other people like me to disable the forest part or leave it in? I'm not sure wheather to leave it in or if I can even remove it... I like the idea of the uncrafting table and could change the recipe.
Entirely up to you. No one's going to TF until they have the ability to move water around, have bonemeal / watering can, can grow grass and have a spare diamond. But once someone's minimally reached that point, are they prepared to survive a TF jaunt?

If they don't stray too far from the portal, it's an easy source of dirt / wood / cobble, but not much else without decent equipment [armor/weps/etc.] As for disabling it entirely, I'm sure it could be done. If one can make the nether a void, one can do the same with TF. I'd suspect it would require a worldedit-type program, where you would delete something like 1000x1000 chunks around the portal and then include the edited TF dim with the pack.

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
Entirely up to you. No one's going to TF until they have the ability to move water around, have bonemeal / watering can, can grow grass and have a spare diamond. But once someone's minimally reached that point, are they prepared to survive a TF jaunt?

If they don't stray too far from the portal, it's an easy source of dirt / wood / cobble, but not much else without decent equipment [armor/weps/etc.] As for disabling it entirely, I'm sure it could be done. If one can make the nether a void, one can do the same with TF. I'd suspect it would require a worldedit-type program, where you would delete something like 1000x1000 chunks around the portal and then include the edited TF dim with the pack.

I just submitted an update that will be up maybe tomorrow (depending on when the FTB Team gets around to it) and I added the Twilight Forest mod. I disabled the portal so no one can actually go there. Because the Uncrafting Table is pretty OP, I made the recipe involve 4 crafting tables, 4 unstable ingots, and a nether star. This is how it will stay for now, but at least you guys will have an uncrafting table :)

Also I experimented with a few minetweaker-esque mods that add items and recipes so there is a new type of OP apple, like the golden apples, and jeweled apples.

I also added a few bug fixes and more quests in the transmutation section of the quest book.

Now I will work on (for the next update after this) a bunch more quests in HQM and any other requests people have.

:)

Sxcred

Jul 29, 2019
Looks cool, it's weird. I've been around modded Minecraft since 1.5 and I still don't know how to use the tech or magic mods.. I'm weird.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I just submitted an update that will be up maybe tomorrow (depending on when the FTB Team gets around to it) and I added the Twilight Forest mod. I disabled the portal so no one can actually go there. Because the Uncrafting Table is pretty OP, I made the recipe involve 4 crafting tables, 4 unstable ingots, and a nether star. This is how it will stay for now, but at least you guys will have an uncrafting table :)

Also I experimented with a few minetweaker-esque mods that add items and recipes so there is a new type of OP apple, like the golden apples, and jeweled apples.

I also added a few bug fixes and more quests in the transmutation section of the quest book.

Now I will work on (for the next update after this) a bunch more quests in HQM and any other requests people have.

:)
Thanks for taking my suggestion to heart, but IMO there's seriously no need to make this item THIS expensive. All it really allows you to do is to keep from having a room full of chest for all the stuff you can't burn for EMC & don't want to void. It costs experience to use and you can't automate it to my knowledge [unless maybe through AE?]. How is it you consider it so OP? With the inflated cost to create one, it's basically useless when you're at the level where you can craft it.

Might I suggest you make it uncraftable and either add it as a quest reward or perhaps as bag loot?