Bug Can't login using Opera since a few days

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Since a few days, I think when you changed the home site to curse, I got a login for my curse account, since then I was suddenly logged out of the forum with Opera.

Whenever I try to login, it refreshes the page and I'm logged out again.

It's impossible for me to log in using the current Opera version.

Any ideas how I can fix this? :)

CreeperShift

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Since a few days, I think when you changed the home site to curse, I got a login for my curse account, since then I was suddenly logged out of the forum with Opera.

Whenever I try to login, it refreshes the page and I'm logged out again.

Any ideas how I can fix this? :)

CreeperShift
Please try to clear your cookies and cache on that browser and try again

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I have seen the same issue with Chrome. Are you logging in from two different locations? It seems that there was a change recently, and something is now kept server side which prevents multiple active logins from separate machines / locations. This is only my guess.

First I was able to be logged in at location A, but not B. Then, after a few (2?) days of not being logged in at location A, B suddenly worked. Then location A have the error instead (page refreshes, still not logged in).

Also, the bug seems to be mostly cosmetic. While I still have the "log in" prompt to the upper right, I can view a post and reply and then also get the "Log out" link.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
No, I'm only logging in from one location.

But the cosmetic part is true. Been posting with Chrome, but just doing it with Opera. Inside a thread, it looks normal. As soon as I get back to the default page it appears as if I'm not logged in. :/

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
Same is happening to me with firefox just now.
However, I was using my tablet with chrome this morning, so it could indeed be the multiple locations problem @Zarkov mentioned.

EDIT: After posting here, I was logged in in this thread. I left to the overview and was logged out again. Seems to be a session issue?

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Haven't logged into anything but this Opera browser for the past 2 weeks :( Still doesn't work properly.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Firefox and been unable to log in for weeks now, there's no error it just returns back to being logged out. At long last with a lot of button bashing it let me log in.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
having the same issue here. some pages show me as logged in while others show me as logged out. if i try to search for something within the forums i get an error page.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Just ran into this myself running the latest Firefox mobile version. Forcing a logout fixed it.

Reactions: DoomSquirter