[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics + Thaumcraft = Thaumic Energistics. I won't do Thaumcraft without it anymore. I've done Vanilla Thaumcraft plenty o' times. So yes, I've added Thaumic Energistics. It simply has to be that way.

But I can't make an Arcane Assembler because it requires a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Scepter and the Scepter, the wand, the rod, and the caps are all disabled.

Why put Thaumcraft in a mod pack and then disable a good chunk of it? And why specifically the wands? Yes, we get one silverwood wand as a quest reward, but why disable its creation? I am honestly interested in hearing the rationale.

I am enjoying the mod pack, really! :)
Just a few minor issues.

Wow... So you refuse to play the pack as built by the author and then complain about how he's tweaked a mod to fit into his pack. This isn't a kitchen sink pack. Things are put together this way for a reason and a lot of thought and planning has gone into it. With respect, I'm not sure this style of pack is for you.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to craft (infuse) an Arcane Lamp. I have the amber (block), nothing happens when I click on the Runic Matrix.
Arcane Lamp is made in the Arcane Workbench, not the infusion altar. Recipe works fine.

Am able to teleport to Journey Map Waypoints. Is this intended?
All cheat commands are enabled and CoFH is installed so even if JourneyMap allowed turning off teleportation there'd be ways to do this. And hey, if people want to ruin the game for themselves that's their choice. Teleportation only works in situations where the cheat commands would work (i.e. Single Player or as Admin on a server).

Applied Energistics + Thaumcraft = Thaumic Energistics. I won't do Thaumcraft without it anymore. I've done Vanilla Thaumcraft plenty o' times. So yes, I've added Thaumic Energistics. It simply has to be that way.

https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/181 <--- put a +1 on there. Hopefully Snow will add it in a future version.

But I can't make an Arcane Assembler because it requires a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Scepter and the Scepter, the wand, the rod, and the caps are all disabled.
What version are you in? I just made one in 1.1.14. Snow says the recipe shouldn't be disabled for that.

Reactions: SnowShock35

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
With Jack o'Lanter, the sapplings can't grow, it should grow?
In 1.1.15 I tested a Jack O'Lantern and the saplings do grow, but only up to 2 blocks away.

2015-08-19_00.23.29.png

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
Villagers (and Iron Golems) are blacklisted from EnderIO powered spawners (by default, and I checked, the mod pack author has not changed it). Is this intentional? Do I really have to resort to Vanilla breeding mechanics for villagers?
I've got a video coming out on youtube in about an hour that shows how to get more villagers

Last edited:

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com

Why put Thaumcraft in a mod pack and then disable a good chunk of it? And why specifically the wands? Yes, we get one silverwood wand as a quest reward, but why disable its creation? I am honestly interested in hearing the rationale.

I am enjoying the mod pack, really! :)
Just a few minor issues.
They are not disabled... Thaumcraft in this pack is no different than in direwolf20 pack besides a few minor tweaks to recipes. You'll need to scan something with metalum and then research thaumium I believe then they should unlock once you research to where they are.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Just build a bottler. It will fill glass bottles with liquid xp. That's what I did. I almost didn't think of it myself, who the hell ever uses a bottler?

I wasn't aware that the bottler existed, thank you. I thought OpenBlocks was just an elevator and some annoying glasses that I keep throwing away ;)

Arcane Lamp is made in the Arcane Workbench, not the infusion altar. Recipe works fine.

You are correct. I don't know how I made that mistake.

https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/181 <--- put a +1 on there. Hopefully Snow will add it in a future version.

It looks like you and I both get our wish.

What version are you in? I just made one in 1.1.14. Snow says the recipe shouldn't be disabled for that.

They are not disabled... Thaumcraft in this pack is no different than in direwolf20 pack besides a few minor tweaks to recipes. You'll need to scan something with metalum and then research thaumium I believe then they should unlock once you research to where they are.

It was not a scanning/researching issue. After restarting Minecraft (well, quitting for the night) it worked.

It was not my intention to complain. I apologise for wording it the way I did.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
What version are you in? I just made one [Arcane Assembler] in 1.1.14. Snow says the recipe shouldn't be disabled for that.

How did you get Vibrant Quartz Glass for the Knowledge Core? I had 5 of them which I think I got either as a quest reward or reward bag. They don't seem to be craftable.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
How did you get Vibrant Quartz Glass for the Knowledge Core? I had 5 of them which I think I got either as a quest reward or reward bag. They don't seem to be craftable.
When I said I "made one" I meant that I made a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Scepter. I haven't added Thaumic Energistics so clearly I couldn't have made a knowledge core.

EDIT: Vibrant quartz glass is now craftable in 1.1.16. Yay!

Last edited:

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Announcement!

Version 1.1.16 is Out!
Download the pack from the FTB Launcher or CurseVoice Client Now!
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

So after almost a month of inactivity from myself and Johnny we have made a return with a new update!!!
This update includes so many changes, all noted on the changelogs of course, for y'all to enjoy and play with. Also I'd like to welcome our new member @Lyrael to the team. Him and @AKTheKnight will be in charge of the Forum Thread page and GitHub issue tracker and anything they say is trusted advice. Anyways, enjoy your update and make sure to report all your. - Snow ;)

Note: If you updated to the non recommended version (1.1.15) you will need to reset your quest data in the world save. Also just to note it's your own fault if you did use this version as it was listed as non recommended. So yeah don't be having a go at us because of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessFields

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I wasn't aware that the bottler existed, thank you. I thought OpenBlocks was just an elevator and some annoying glasses that I keep throwing away ;)

You are correct. I don't know how I made that mistake.

It looks like you and I both get our wish.

It was not a scanning/researching issue. After restarting Minecraft (well, quitting for the night) it worked.

It was not my intention to complain. I apologise for wording it the way I did.
No worries at all. Thanks for helping us out ;)

Thanks for the 1.1.16 update :)
No worries, sorry it took so long. Enjoy the update and let me or any of my team know if you have any issues (Preferably here or Issue tracker) ;)
When I said I "made one" I meant that I made a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Scepter. I haven't added Thaumic Energistics so clearly I couldn't have made a knowledge core.
EDIT: Vibrant quartz glass is now craftable in 1.1.16. Yay!
So I actually re-enabled it (Might of forgot that in changelog...woops! However, it no longer emits light so mwhaha xD

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Woot! bring on the warp!

Will it be possible to enter the outer lands? I have never dabbled with the eldritch stuff and its about time I did.
Not as of yet. We hope to add this in 1.2.X

Did this update fix the world gen for nether quartz? Just curious..
Not yet this will be in 1.2.X when the map reset happens. If you wanna find it you have to adventure out ;)

Reactions: SilverDk

Son_Of_Diablo

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this modpack, but after the latest update I have been having some issues, after a couple of minutes the screen will begin to flicker and odd stuff happens with the graphics (see pictures: Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3) and after a little while the game will freeze and then crash..
Everything worked fine before the latest update to the pack.

Does anyone else have this problem?
And does anyone know about a possible solution for it?