3rd Party Modpack Syncing to Curseforge

gundy03130

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance this is why The Dark Trilogy quit working on our server with bisect hosting? (trying to figure out why it stopped working properly today). Thanks!

TheDoctorSoda

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, now that it's so much easier to make packs on curse, it would be nice if curse could export their packs to upload to FTB.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
That's a fair bit harder, since the upload process is automatic on curses side, but manual on FTB's side.

TheDoctorSoda

Jul 29, 2019
Understandable, but I highly doubt anyone is going to go out of their way to make a version for FTB launcher when curse is so much easier.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Besides, when Curse Voice exits beta and the Mac and possible Linux version finishes FtB will probably not have a lot happening... FtB abandoned their new launcher plans when they reached their agreement with Curse, after all.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Understandable, but I highly doubt anyone is going to go out of their way to make a version for FTB launcher when curse is so much easier.
It's all about the player base. Currently a lot more people are playing packs on the FTB launcher than on the Curse client. And consequently, there are a lot more packs for them. The client will be, and in a lot of ways already is, the better system, so this is a way of moving people over to it. It's mostly targeted at people who already have packs on FTB, not at drawing new people in, or people who just have their packs on Curse.

Agent_Ores

Jul 29, 2019
will using Cure voice projection thing allow me to use packs from the curse voice launcher on the FTB launcher under the 3rd party pack tab or is just being able FTB packs on the curse voice launcher?

also under what tab is the voting for what mod will be used in the mod of the month pack

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
will using Cure voice projection thing allow me to use packs from the curse voice launcher on the FTB launcher under the 3rd party pack tab or is just being able FTB packs on the curse voice launcher?

Just FTB to curse, not the other way around.