[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Flyingbox

Jul 29, 2019
Pushed a Dimensional Stone issue on the github. Can't bind because the stone says it's always charging.

About to push another, one very gamebreaking. On 1.5.1 you can't smelt blue topaz ore. It always gives you vinteum dust. It seems vinteum dust is possible from other AM2 smelts as well. I can't get blue topaz.

Last edited:

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Blue topaz should break directly from the stone when you mine it, like gems.

I've been having really weird experiences with my inventory recently. Especially when auto-sorting, or shift scrolling the slots on the backpack, I've had items get overridden or just straight up vanish. I've lost my pick twice like this, and other misc things. It's really bizarre.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to get 'nightstone' from the Gravestone mod? It looks a lot like nether brick, but it is not freely interchangeable with it, much to my chagrin. :)

Flyingbox

Jul 29, 2019
Blue topaz should break directly from the stone when you mine it, like gems.

I've been having really weird experiences with my inventory recently. Especially when auto-sorting, or shift scrolling the slots on the backpack, I've had items get overridden or just straight up vanish. I've lost my pick twice like this, and other misc things. It's really bizarre.

I say this because in a previous version and world I could just directly smelt the quest reward block into the topaz. Instead, blue topaz has TWO smelting results according to NEI now. It will both smelt into vinteum dust and topaz---which is not working like it was just a couple weeks ago. In fact all the AM2 ores say they smelt into dust and their intended gem. Of course it will go with vinteum dust first.
It's more of a thing that could cause a loss to the unknowing as a single smelt has two results and only does one.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The curse launcher is currently on the wrong version if that is the launcher you are running it from.

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Does any1 know how to switch affinities on the primordial sword? Tried all keybindings, none worked...

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
im running it on the MyM launcher. think they just released version 1.5.0. (realized it was the update that added tainted magic)

Last edited:

Djbapt

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's in the mod or due to a conflict in the modpack, but the big lily pads from Twilight Forest are bugged. When you harvest them you have 2 of them, but when you place them again, the stack doesn't decrease in your hand. In other words, you can place them to infinity.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019

Is the picks being sorted into your adventures backpack? I was confused on my tools disappearing to until i noticed i can mouse scroll the tools with tools that are in the adventure backpacks tool slots. As for the other stuff is it a visual bug or are they actually disappearing?

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen both happening: visually changing only to change back when I open the backpack, or sometimes disappearing entirely: It's supposed to be slotted into the equipment slots but then that slot is empty.

Also, anyone else also getting CTDs a good.... 30% of the time when putting nether wart in crops? I've had to just give up farming them and just use Botania to multiply them with mana.
e: they can grow without crops on soul sand, but they ignore growth magic and bonemeal

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
i think i found a bug. just randomly got the "strange whispers reveal secrets to you thaumcraft(?) message but i dont even have a thaumonomicon... also got the black lotus if it matters.

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
most recent version (1.5.0) has a bug where the recall stones from the iron pants/chest quest are always charging. do i need to cheat in new ones?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
i think i found a bug. just randomly got the "strange whispers reveal secrets to you thaumcraft(?) message but i dont even have a thaumonomicon... also got the black lotus if it matters.
That might be because you ran into a mob that gives you warp. They do that occasionally, but you should be alright for a good while, even if you keep running into them you're likely nowhere near the bad effects warp gives.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Any mid-early game methods of flight?

Once you get a nether star, you can craft an advanced belt base. Craft that with feathers and you have what is essentially creative mode flight.

It's a little OP (arguably, since a nether star can also be used to craft an Ars Magica flight spell), but it really makes exploration a breeze. :)

Oh, also worth noting - Wither skulls can be obtained from slaughtering zombie pigmen in the nether. Dangerous, but profitable business if you're set up for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOramgebananna

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Nether ores are in, yes.

The pigmen aren't all infernal, but some are. And they tend to aggro unpredictably. That's partly from Nether Ores (they are angered if you mine ore too close to them), but there seems to be a chance for them to turn hostile for no discernable reason as well. It doesn't happen ALL the time, but you definitely want to watch your back when the pigmen are around.

I recommend enclosing your portal in cobble, and slabbing all the surfaces inside that enclosure, asap. You do not want a mob of angry pigmen camping your portal. :)