[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
How did you set a cart up to remove the village exactly?

First, I set up a spot loader in the chunk I was using as my rail station. Rail station consisted of a module toggler, a cargo manager, some detector rails, and advanced detector rails. Two carts, one that only had an engine, track remover, and cleaning machine, the other had galgadorian drill, chests, bridge builder, height controller, and engine. Both also had chunk loaders. It was set up in such a way that when the drill cart returned, it would first pass by module toggler, turning off the drill and chunk loader (why waste fuel?), unload cargo, cross a detector rail, go around a loop, and park on an unpowered advanced detector rail. The detector rail was connected to the advanced rail with redstone, so the two carts took turns doing their thing. The cargo manager dumped the harvested stuff into pipes which trashed some, and sent the rest to my AE system via ender chests. Of course excluding the fuel, stone bricks, and rails.

There was also another detector/advanced detector set up with a counter (i.e. dropper-comparator setup) so that the whole thing would park after a given number of trips.

A track was laid to get the cart up to an altitude 9 blocks below the height of the village (because of the 9x9 footprint of the drill) and a detector rail was then laid down. The detector rail was just to stop the cart with the track remover from taking down all the tracks on the ramp, carts with height controllers can be weird about re-laying those tracks properly. I then ran the cart with the track layer and bridge builder so that it created an elevated track running the entire width of the village. Every 9 blocks I placed another stone brick with a rail adjacent to the first rail. Then I let the whole thing run while I went off to do something else.

The way it works is that after the drill/bridge builder/track layer reaches altitude, it will continue in a straight line, until it hits one of the spur tracks, then it will make a 90 degree turn, and continue on until it runs out of tracks, bricks, or storage. When it returns to the train station, the cart toggler turns off the drill so it doesn't wreck up the place, and the track remover is sent out. When the remover returns with a load of tracks, it dumps them in the cargo manager, and sends out the drill again. The drill loads up with those tracks, and more stone bricks, and repeats. Because the first spur track is now removed, the cart doesn't turn until 9 blocks later. The aforementioned dropper should start with 4x number of items as there are spur tracks.

Once it is all done, you have to repeat the spur track setup 9 blocks lower, and don't forget to reset the height controler, or it will all get mucked up. The good news is that it will tear down the previously placed stone bricks and put them directly into the bridge builder, so you don't really have to worry about running out.

If you find this description confusing, here is the original mining design that I adapted my setup from. Hopefully it will give enough insight to make sense of the rest of my description. I really need to finish building my PC so I can start making my own videos...

Brock_145

Jul 29, 2019
First, I set up a spot loader in the chunk I was using as my rail station. Rail station consisted of a module toggler, a cargo manager, some detector rails, and advanced detector rails. Two carts, one that only had an engine, track remover, and cleaning machine, the other had galgadorian drill, chests, bridge builder, height controller, and engine. Both also had chunk loaders. It was set up in such a way that when the drill cart returned, it would first pass by module toggler, turning off the drill and chunk loader (why waste fuel?), unload cargo, cross a detector rail, go around a loop, and park on an unpowered advanced detector rail. The detector rail was connected to the advanced rail with redstone, so the two carts took turns doing their thing. The cargo manager dumped the harvested stuff into pipes which trashed some, and sent the rest to my AE system via ender chests. Of course excluding the fuel, stone bricks, and rails.

There was also another detector/advanced detector set up with a counter (i.e. dropper-comparator setup) so that the whole thing would park after a given number of trips.

A track was laid to get the cart up to an altitude 9 blocks below the height of the village (because of the 9x9 footprint of the drill) and a detector rail was then laid down. The detector rail was just to stop the cart with the track remover from taking down all the tracks on the ramp, carts with height controllers can be weird about re-laying those tracks properly. I then ran the cart with the track layer and bridge builder so that it created an elevated track running the entire width of the village. Every 9 blocks I placed another stone brick with a rail adjacent to the first rail. Then I let the whole thing run while I went off to do something else.

The way it works is that after the drill/bridge builder/track layer reaches altitude, it will continue in a straight line, until it hits one of the spur tracks, then it will make a 90 degree turn, and continue on until it runs out of tracks, bricks, or storage. When it returns to the train station, the cart toggler turns off the drill so it doesn't wreck up the place, and the track remover is sent out. When the remover returns with a load of tracks, it dumps them in the cargo manager, and sends out the drill again. The drill loads up with those tracks, and more stone bricks, and repeats. Because the first spur track is now removed, the cart doesn't turn until 9 blocks later. The aforementioned dropper should start with 4x number of items as there are spur tracks.

Once it is all done, you have to repeat the spur track setup 9 blocks lower, and don't forget to reset the height controler, or it will all get mucked up. The good news is that it will tear down the previously placed stone bricks and put them directly into the bridge builder, so you don't really have to worry about running out.

If you find this description confusing, here is the original mining design that I adapted my setup from. Hopefully it will give enough insight to make sense of the rest of my description. I really need to finish building my PC so I can start making my own videos...

The description and video helps a lot! thanks for taking the time to give this description, it is much appreciated! Now it's time for me to go exploring and find a village!

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
sounds like some fun (like crash landing) to me and my friend :)
Somehow I duped a lot of weapons from the Herobrines but I can't replicate it to tell the dev to remove it, but I definitely have a ton of duped items from fighting a horde of them...?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I find drones easier -_-

They absolutely are easier. Also slower, and you need to chunk load a bigger area. Honestly, half of the way I did it came down to what would stress my PC less, since it's a slightly cruddy computer. Still might have used drones if I could have gotten the accursed relative coordinates function to work. Couldn't tell if it was a bug, of if I'm an incompetent programmer. Or both.

YourAwesomeness

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys! I am currently having an issue launching the modpack. The launcher dissapears and then reappears and minecraft does not boot up. My computer specifications are as follows:
Macbook Air 2015
Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.3
2.2GHZ intel Core i7 processor
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

FTB Launcher logs:
[01:33:18] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod mods.battlegear2.coremod.BattlegearLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:19] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod appeng.transformer.AppEngCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:19] [main/INFO] [FML]: [AppEng] Core Init
[01:33:19] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod aroma1997.core.coremod.CoreMod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:19] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod buildcraftAdditions.preloader.BCALoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:19] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:73: UnreadNews Init took 6 ms.
[01:33:19] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader$DepLoadInst:checkExisting:435]: Warning: version of ForgeMultipart, 1.1.1.320 is newer than request 1.1.0.314
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod cofh.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod fastcraft.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/INFO] [FastCraft-core]: FastCraft loading...
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod invtweaks.forge.asm.FMLPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod logisticspipes.asm.LogisticsPipesCoreLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod mariculture.fishery.VanillaOverride does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod mekanism.common.asm.LoadingHook does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodlePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod openblocks.OpenBlocksCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod openmods.OpenModsCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[01:33:20] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod atomicstryker.stalkercreepers.common.SCFMLCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft

Zyin

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh okay. How can botania be useful in the mod pack? Just wondering cause i haven't really found much use of it so far.
You can get Rod of the Lands really early which helps you make dirt. In my world I just finished setting up my AE2 so now I'm going to try and get an Orechid/Loonium running.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
You can get Rod of the Lands really early which helps you make dirt. In my world I just finished setting up my AE2 so now I'm going to try and get an Orechid/Loonium running.
Yeah the instant dirt wand is AWESOME.

CyberWolf94

Jul 29, 2019
Okay first off love the pack. However I have a strange issue, I'm using the old map ( like the bass design and dungeons ) and the sapling storage drive isn't working, when I press the button the area just goes dark for a few seconds. I can put stuff in the drive and pop it out but the sapling stuff isn't coming out.

Would appreciate some help

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay first off love the pack. However I have a strange issue, I'm using the old map ( like the bass design and dungeons ) and the sapling storage drive isn't working, when I press the button the area just goes dark for a few seconds. I can put stuff in the drive and pop it out but the sapling stuff isn't coming out.

Would appreciate some help
Sounds like you might have accidentally overwritten the drive.

CyberWolf94

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you might have accidentally overwritten the drive.

No, the first thing I did was pop it in and press the button. Just darkness then nothing, tried it again with a new world. Same result. After that I overwrite it to test if the spatial thing was even working(which it was)

Things work fine on the new world btw

Zyin

Jul 29, 2019
I encountered a bug with the quest book while playing. I completed the "5. Industrial revolution! -> Foundations" quest and it immediately said I completed the objectives for the next 7 quests, although I definitely did not prior to completing this one.

Screenshot of what happened immediately after completing "Foundations": http://i.imgur.com/ncenBSm.jpg

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I encountered a bug with the quest book while playing. I completed the "5. Industrial revolution! -> Foundations" quest and it immediately said I completed the objectives for the next 7 quests, although I definitely did not prior to completing this one.

Screenshot of what happened immediately after completing "Foundations": http://i.imgur.com/ncenBSm.jpg
Sometimes that happens when you update the modpack, did you do that recently?

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes that happens when you update the modpack, did you do that recently?
I'm not sure it is related to updating (it happened to me too at a time when I don't think I had updated for weeks). My guess is that somehow the questbook interprets crafting steel casing as also crafting each of the other items required to complete those quests.