Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
13.04 blocks to be more precise so yeah, 14 when rounding up. There is the aforementioned issue with density of 128 or more making torque easier to achieve then speed so water with it's density of 1000. That formula I provided was correct, although I'm not entirely sure where you measure the dy from as I didn't investigate that bit it just needs to be 14 to achieve max power. The speed is 2x the fall speed after all, as viscosity of water is 1000 it cancels out so that speed of the engine is 2sqrt(19.62dy), as it maxes at a mere 32 rad/s you just need dy to be (32/2)^2/19.62 which is 13.04.

On a different note the engines don't seem to be chaining, a row of hydrokinetics in a row don't seem to be adding torque/power.

Three pictures for you to help demonstrate it, that is the minimum height needed for full power by the way, moving it one block lower lowers it to about 507kW.

$%^%....

Can you make a GitHub issue about all this?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
$%^%....

Can you make a GitHub issue about all this?
I can as soon as I figure out where the issues are, they don't seem to be showing up on github, just the code and pull request sections. Did you accidentally disable them or am I just missing something? Attempting to enter the url where they should be doesn't even work, redirects me to pull requests and there is no issues option. Really looks like they're disabled to me.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion in that light: use the standard we have right now for water as a 1:1 ratio for viciosity to density, and do vicosity for speed and density for torque. Add in a temperature efficiency gradient (which would render lava and molten metals pointless) and you have a semi-useable framework.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I can as soon as I figure out where the issues are, they don't seem to be showing up on github, just the code and pull request sections. Did you accidentally disable them or am I just missing something? Attempting to enter the url where they should be doesn't even work, redirects me to pull requests and there is no issues option. Really looks like they're disabled to me.
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Reika would you be willing to set up compatibility with the buildcraft builder for reactor craft and rotarycraft?
I chuckled when I saw the discussion in the BC builder thread. Reika's a bit against people using designs found on the internet to build his projects, I can imagine how excited he'd be if you could also "load" it into existence :p

(PS I'm not against the idea myself, I just can't imagine Reika would be super fond of the notion)

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
You mean he dislikes things like the "clever reactor setup" thread?

If it's a matter of wanting everyone to design their own stuff (I do actually, and I'm sure their efficiency is mediocre) I wonder if it's possible to enable the architect and the builder without enabling the blueprint library....in the event that he's not opposed to individuals duplicating a reactor they already made for themselves

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I have it on good authority (read: personal experience and lack of skill at cooking) that it is. :p
I'm sorry but I kinda want to hear this story.

Its also awkward seeing an invoice for 2 tonnes of "greenland rape" for the first time... Yea Canola is also known as Rapeseed...

I know that feeling all too well. I just refer to it as oilseed/OSR or 'osser' as it feels awkwards saying rape 30 times a day.
No idea it was also called canola.
I chuckled when I saw the discussion in the BC builder thread. Reika's a bit against people using designs found on the internet to build his projects, I can imagine how excited he'd be if you could also "load" it into existence

I like the idea just because it 'makes sense' (internal game consistency et al). Would be pretty useful for the fusion reactor and setting turbines.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I like the idea just because it 'makes sense' (internal game consistency et al). Would be pretty useful for the fusion reactor and setting turbines.

Can't disagree with you. But Reika would actually have to go out of his way to make it happen, which, added to the mimicry factor, makes it a bit unlikely.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
If you ever saw the builder set up with path markers to throw out hundreds of blocks at a time...:)

So far I've done that with three hp turbines and ten of my design for breeder reactors, and on a previous log 20 htgs, it's beautiful

Haven't found a design I like yet for the plutonium...MAN those babies heat up

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If you ever saw the builder set up with path markers to throw out hundreds of blocks at a time...:)

So far I've done that with three hp turbines and ten of my design for breeder reactors, and on a previous log 20 htgs, it's beautiful

Haven't found a design I like yet for the plutonium...MAN those babies heat up
Do not use such means to place RC machine blocks. That is a very good way to corrupt them.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
That may be why my pbrs on the old log used to give those ticking entity errors.... :-(...
They never caused any noticeable problems, but there were frequent console messages about it

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That may be why my pbrs on the old log used to give those ticking entity errors.... :-(...
They never caused any noticeable problems, but there were frequent console messages about it
It was probably throwing exceptions frequently, as well as doing things like spawning (or voiding) fuel or power.

Also, I implemented the canola husks as feedstock, and I rewrote the entire autobreeder to do it.

Reactions: Goof

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Rewriting an entire machine for a single feature. Still, bet it'll be damn handy for folks who do mob farms (something I explicitly try to avoid as much as possible).

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
I'd like to avoid them, but they seem to be required, especially with the gunpowder needed for steel. How do you get the mob only drops then?