Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If big corporations refuse to support legacy software what obliges you, Reika to support. What makes you think it's viable for you a hobbyist to be able to support everything.
I know why you are trying, to prevent inevitable backlash, this is more of a rhetorical question.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
That exact problem is why RR3 ships with something called "Java7Checker". Just make Dragon API do something similar in the very beginning of its load. If you're not running Java 7, pop up a custom error screen or something so that uses don't think it's a standard error (which they think are arcane and don't process in any way). Problem solved as much as it's going to be. At some point you're putting too much effort into avoiding upsetting people who really REALLY ought to know better. Using j7 will be required sometime soon with either Minecraft or Forge, and most mods already require it. So why not?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If big corporations refuse to support legacy software what obliges you, Reika to support. What makes you think it's viable for you a hobbyist to be able to support everything.
I know why you are trying, to prevent inevitable backlash, this is more of a rhetorical question.
Because I want it to be compatible without having to update other mods, as that is not always possible?

That exact problem is why RR3 ships with something called "Java7Checker". Just make Dragon API do something similar in the very beginning of its load. If you're not running Java 7, pop up a custom error screen or something so that uses don't think it's a standard error (which they think are arcane and don't process in any way). Problem solved as much as it's going to be. At some point you're putting too much effort into avoiding upsetting people who really REALLY ought to know better. Using j7 will be required sometime soon with either Minecraft or Forge, and most mods already require it. So why not?
Because I know 200 people who will start calling that DRM.

Also, v7 is out.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft: Hydrokinetic can now be driven by other fluids; density affects torque generation
Hmm ... so what's the density of flowing lava in the nether?

RotaryCraft: Lubricant hose is now flammable, and can burn violently if full of lubricant
So ... trying this in the nether will cause a fire?

What power sources work in the nether?

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
The same as in the overworld, about 3000 kg/m^3.

Not unless fire is nearby. :p

So what I am seeing is that flowing lava has 3x the density (so therefore much higher power output) as opposed to water... BRB MAKING MY HYDROKENETIC DRIVES LAVAKENETIC DRIVES

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
*evil grin*

Also, v7b is out.
I more than a little like your evil grin.

Also, before i go too crazy with testing, did you add any molten metals interaction with this such as molten iron, gold, bedrockium etc?... I'm going to guess you did

*edit*
ok.. so the hydrokenetic blew up with a 64block fall of lava

*edit 2*
Just blew up from a 2 block fall... I'm blaming lube or version a release until I figure out if something else can be used as lube

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, ooh! I know why the lava failed! It failed for the same reason pyrotheum would fail...think about it. What's a hydrokinetic made from? Makes sense now, don't it?

Also, wouldn't gelid cryotheum have a higher density than blood? If you do it right, I think you can get it falling without it gelling its way down, resulting in greater output than blood. Its worth a try!