FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Aura Cascade sounds really cool, but as far as I can tell the Curse page has a bunch of super-outdated info. Aside from any books in-game added by the mod, can someone direct me to some complete info? (I don't want to be directed to in-game books because I can't really run Horizons and I don't want to bother making a whole new modded profile on my MC launcher...)

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
This page is the official website: http://auracascade.website

There's not a lot there, but it does seem to have most or all of the text from the in-game book (but not the pictures). I looked around on YouTube for some examples, but there wasn't much. There's a well done Mod Spotlight, but it suffers from the same problem most Spotlights do -- it's all done in creative and just showcases the blocks, without considering how to build out the infrastructure needed to use the mod in survival.

I found a Let's Play or two that mentioned the mod, but the ones I looked at didn't go very deep into it.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
This page is the official website: http://auracascade.website

There's not a lot there, but it does seem to have most or all of the text from the in-game book (but not the pictures). I looked around on YouTube for some examples, but there wasn't much. There's a well done Mod Spotlight, but it suffers from the same problem most Spotlights do -- it's all done in creative and just showcases the blocks, without considering how to build out the infrastructure needed to use the mod in survival.

I found a Let's Play or two that mentioned the mod, but the ones I looked at didn't go very deep into it.
Thanks for the info. ^^

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Any way of making frequencies with wireless power of QuantumFlux? Is there any other wireless power transmitter (without extra utils)?

Simdorn

Jul 29, 2019
A group of us have been playing Daybreaker for about a week now, and after the initial adjustment, like it.. a bit different and fun. Now we need 'more power' and have started to look for a gravitational anomaly.. but have NO idea on how to find one (unless we run into it). We have not seen much about it on the web, are there any clues anywhere as to how to find one?

CashanDraven

Jul 29, 2019
A group of us have been playing Daybreaker for about a week now, and after the initial adjustment, like it.. a bit different and fun. Now we need 'more power' and have started to look for a gravitational anomaly.. but have NO idea on how to find one (unless we run into it). We have not seen much about it on the web, are there any clues anywhere as to how to find one?

In my experience they spawn quite often in oceans, if you get a potion of night vision, it will lighten the water enough for you to see the anomaly as a little single block standing out in the water, almost like an air bubble. If you're short on power, I'd recommend Mekanism's Fusion reactor, it's expensive, and requires a large set up, but my god does it make power. I had one running on my old server for about 10 days before my fuel overflow wore out. Minimum fuel usage nets you 200krf/tick, and it goes MUCH higher (I broke 3 billion rf when playing around with it, good luck sustaining that fuel though). Also, the mekanism multi-block power storage is second to none, save for maybe draconic evolution, mostly because that energy ball looks amazing.

Oh one note, Mekanism machines are loud, and the reactor is no exception. If you use it, please consider putting it at the back of your base so the constant noise doesn't make you go insane.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I've found one underground myself. You'll know when you've found it - you'll think that it's a glitch that you are being pulled slightly in one direction, and then realize with a start that "wait a minute, that's a black hole!" :p After that, just follow the pull.

Dubwizer

Jul 29, 2019
Have you added any protection upgrades? The armour has no base anything. You need the corresponding protection upgrades in order for it to protect you from damage.

I cannot find any "general protection" upgrade, only "undead protection", "spider protections" and so on. I just updated the mod to the last available on curse website

Simdorn

Jul 29, 2019
ok matter overdrive's fusion reactor is .. well interesting.. ;) does anyone have a GOOD tutorial on how to pull power out?

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
I just left this modpack alone, because of too OP mobs... They just come and one shot you even if you have good armor... And they run so fast that you never know what hit you.
EDIT: Nvm ;D Ill just disable Difficult Life :D Didnt know that this mod was causing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

pixlepix

Jul 29, 2019
Aura Cascade sounds really cool, but as far as I can tell the Curse page has a bunch of super-outdated info. Aside from any books in-game added by the mod, can someone direct me to some complete info? (I don't want to be directed to in-game books because I can't really run Horizons and I don't want to bother making a whole new modded profile on my MC launcher...)
Not sure what you mean by outdated info. The curse page links to the website, which has the exact text of the in-game book, so it can't possible be out of date.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what you mean by outdated info. The curse page links to the website, which has the exact text of the in-game book, so it can't possible be out of date.
Huh. I guess I must have looked at it a while ago... The only info was on the basic aura info and a grand total of three cascading machines. :p

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions on getting ShinyOre/Platinum?
EDIT: Whoops, I thought this was the "Ask a simple question" thread. This post doesn't really apply... :p
I think you can get it with the Mining Laser (although if you need it, you're probably not at that point :p). I think you can also get it from pulverizing certain ores... Ferrous, maybe? Take a look through NEI. :)

chakratos

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Whoops, I thought this was the "Ask a simple question" thread. This post doesn't really apply... :p
I think you can get it with the Mining Laser (although if you need it, you're probably not at that point :p). I think you can also get it from pulverizing certain ores... Ferrous, maybe? Take a look through NEI. :)
I´ve looked everywhere, even with the Digital Miner from Mekanism i couldn´d find it :/

chakratos

Jul 29, 2019
The only recipe for it is NetherOres Platinum -> 2 Shiny Ore but i´ve looked in the nether too and no Platinum ore.
Do you know if Platinum may be Disabled?
(I´ve added NetherOres manually)