FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes of course, I was just pointing out there's a much easier way to get cinnabar. Cinnabar has a 100% chance of giving a 3rd ingot of shiny from ferrous. It also does the same with cobalt and ardite (you get a 3rd ingot).

I have not experimented with the machine upgrades that increase the ratio of extra ingots or drops.

I think the point you missed is that TE is not in the pack, thus no Pulverivers, Induction Furnaces, or the like. If you need those machines to acquire a secondary byproduct, it becomes impossible to acquire if they are not in the pack.

I've not had time to sit down and look for ways to get a hold of platinum/shiny metal, but hopefully life will calm down in the coming week or so.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I think the point you missed is that TE is not in the pack, thus no Pulverivers, Induction Furnaces, or the like. If you need those machines to acquire a secondary byproduct, it becomes impossible to acquire if they are not in the pack.

I've not had time to sit down and look for ways to get a hold of platinum/shiny metal, but hopefully life will calm down in the coming week or so.

I did not miss that point at all. I was simply following up a tangent with some hopefully helpful information. I'm aware that tangent is unrelated to the modpack in discussion.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I did not miss that point at all. I was simply following up a tangent with some hopefully helpful information. I'm aware that tangent is unrelated to the modpack in discussion.

Consider that a "royal you" to the entire tangent, not a personal attack of any kind. Discussing methods of obtaining platinum that are not pertinent to the pack is less than useful to those playing it.

Simdorn

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on Matter Overdrives fusion reactor.. Not finding any good tutorials for it, but.. I have the ring made, the 6 stabilizers in place, and the anomaly is active and has expanded almost to the rings.
I thought the stabilizers would let me build on the outside of the ring, but anything i place, gets torn off and sucked in (except tritanium ore blocks)
how do you get power OUT of this thing?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on Matter Overdrives fusion reactor.. Not finding any good tutorials for it, but.. I have the ring made, the 6 stabilizers in place, and the anomaly is active and has expanded almost to the rings.
I thought the stabilizers would let me build on the outside of the ring, but anything i place, gets torn off and sucked in (except tritanium ore blocks)
how do you get power OUT of this thing?
Like I said earlier, have you tried maybe shielding the conduits with anomaly-proof blocks? Like the tritanium ore you mentioned. I think maybe obsidian works as well, and the machine hulls you used for the reactor.

Simdorn

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said earlier, have you tried maybe shielding the conduits with anomaly-proof blocks? Like the tritanium ore you mentioned. I think maybe obsidian works as well, and the machine hulls you used for the reactor.

I tried placing the tritanium blocks around it and place the conduit in the center, and i made hollow obsidian slabs that i could put conduit in the center of..
the tritaniam ore blocks stay in place, but the conduit still gets yanked out. the hollow obsidian slabs get pulled off as fast as they are placed.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I tried placing the tritanium blocks around it and place the conduit in the center, and i made hollow obsidian slabs that i could put conduit in the center of..
the tritaniam ore blocks stay in place, but the conduit still gets yanked out. the hollow obsidian slabs get pulled off as fast as they are placed.
Dang. Maybe check the MCF post for the mod? I know someone posted about that there a day or two ago...

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Loving Daybreaker!

Hope it's ok to post this here: I'm running a Let's Play of Horizons Daybreaker, focussed (for now) on Flaxbeard's Steam mod. It's fairly slow-paced... Galacticraft is a long way off :)

You can watch it at:

strange

Been watching, enjoying your strategy and tutelage.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to duplicate enchanted books or enchant without using them?
Why my diamond spikes dont do damage to mobs if I'm not around? Do they have player nearby setting in here?

chakratos

Jul 29, 2019
Just use an Soul Shards mob farm with an vaccum hopper attached to a big Tank. Then use the auto enchanting table on level 30 and you should get every Enchant in the game.

Diamond spikes don´t need Player nearby.
Are you sure your chunk is loaded?

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Just use an Soul Shards mob farm with an vaccum hopper attached to a big Tank. Then use the auto enchanting table on level 30 and you should get every Enchant in the game.

Diamond spikes don´t need Player nearby.
Are you sure your chunk is loaded?
I have this setup, just better (with bedrockium drum and ender tanks). Chunks are supposedly loaded with a chunk loader from chicken chunks.

One more thing: Is modular armor completely useless? It seems they give no protection... Had a set of it with upgrades: Unblockable protector, undead protection, leadstone energy, explosion protection, fire protection, thomaz's textures. One simple creeper blew up next to me and I died... I HAD FULL HP and ARMOR WAS FULLY CHARGED!

And one more thing: Matter Overdrive ores seem to not be in ore dictionary or something, coz i cant filter them in the Digital Miner. Hell, I even tried doing oreT* and got no result...

WOW, this is my luck:
2015_07_06_15_28_03.png

Last edited:

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
so I finally started on Aura cascade... the 16+ Attack sword lured me in.
Anyone got an idea how to quickly get 120k angel steel of first degree? xD
That is somewhat the amount i calculated needed for an 11th degree sword, but the progress as it is now is kinda slow.
f1.png
f2.png

I mean, sure I can copy paste this a dozen times, but isn't there a faster way? (preferably selfsustaining, these pumps I gave all 4 mobius fuel, so they'll last a good while (i believe 200k seconds))

P.S.
Extreme Matter Overdrive exploit
Notch Apple (golden apple with gold blocks) same amount of matter as regular golden apple. Notch Apple in Alloy furnace from Blue Power gives 64 gold ingots.
Golden Apple costs 8 Ingots -> throw in Decomposer -> Make Notch Apple -> Melt it down -> get 64 gold ingots -> repeat.
56 Gold Ingots for free per process.
(Though making a notch apple takes an extremly long time, but not all that much power (I managed with 6 advanced solar panels (mekanism) and a wind turbine, though did not check by how much)

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
You should make redstone pumps. My setup has 2 redstone pumps for each device, each pump makes 2 aura columns (i dont know how to call that process xD) and i use blue power timer set to 15 secs and openblocks blockplacer to automate the pumps

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You should make redstone pumps. My setup has 2 redstone pumps for each device, each pump makes 2 aura columns (i dont know how to call that process xD) and i use blue power timer set to 15 secs and openblocks blockplacer to automate the pumps
If you want speed that's one of the ways to go.. I am doing it with no pumps over time 24 hours a day using violet aura with 9 aura nodes, and an Aura capacitor feeding 1 node by the synthesizer. Started it up about 10 hours ago and had 7 ingots sitting there for me, so it's a slow process but the violet aura and it's growing properties over many nodes makes it work well.

Dark_Arkon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with EE3. There are simple things that don't have energy values. Like Redstone block or pistons. I looked in the config to make sure that one line was set to "always" and it is. Not sure if the mod is buggy so it's not carrying through when it knows the values of the items recipie or what. Any help would be awesome. I don't really care to set the value of things like the Redstone torch.

AlexDeathwind

Jul 29, 2019
What mod in this pack requires EE3? I tried to remove it to add Project E, but the game won't start because it can't find any version of EE3.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with EE3. There are simple things that don't have energy values. Like Redstone block or pistons. I looked in the config to make sure that one line was set to "always" and it is. Not sure if the mod is buggy so it's not carrying through when it knows the values of the items recipie or what. Any help would be awesome. I don't really care to set the value of things like the Redstone torch.
You should read the forum to see if your question is already asked... For, I think the fourth time, there is a bug probably with EE3 self -.-
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-horizons-daybreaker-discussion.95522/page-9#post-1291400

Reactions: Type1Ninja