[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had a problem with seeds stats being cut in half when they propagate. I have checked the configs and they shouldn't be going lower like that and even if it was enabled there are no other crops in the vicinity. It's mildly annoying when a 9/10/9 seed mutates into a 6/6/6 one the next time it jumps.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going into Thaumcraft more than the other magics. Is that maybe a bad thing? I have a ton of warp and am now trying to clear it so I don't have to deal with it when fighting Blood Magic demons.

I have near max or maxed warp and don't have problems. Again talisman of remedium is op for this job the only thing I have to worry any amount is guardians and mind spiders are nothing against fire focus. The first tier of demons are pretty easy if you are equipped for battle. The easiest and cheapest demon is the small earth golem.

If you fear death witchery death protection poppets are cheapish. You should definitely level in ars magica as fast as you can.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I have near max or maxed warp and don't have problems. Again talisman of remedium is op for this job the only thing I have to worry any amount is guardians and mind spiders are nothing against fire focus. The first tier of demons are pretty easy if you are equipped for battle. The easiest and cheapest demon is the small earth golem.

If you fear death witchery death protection poppets are cheapish. You should definitely level in ars magica as fast as you can.

... i wanted to wait until the server is updated to say it, but... why does the talisman of remedium work for you ? For me, it does absolutely nothing ! ...or does it need a supply of vis ?

On related news, the demons from bloodmagic are buggy - i summon them, get their demon crystal, give them a weak blood magic orb to "tame" them all normally - but if they are "killed" and i resummon them with the crystal, they do absolutely nothing! I right click them all day, but they just stand there! Maybe because i named the demon crystal directly with an anvil, instead of using a nametag?

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
You have to shift-right click the amulet in your hand then put it in your amulet slot. Also on a server(ver1.3.0) demons aren't buggy for me summon, kill, resummon with crystal give weak blood orb, give nametag. I can right click them to give order to follow or stay.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
F***K 1st ender guardian that i spawned... EPIC INFERNAL... 3,5k HP... WITH 1UP !!!

After hour of epic fight with lot of dodging and echchanging mana tablet with friend over enderchest... i finally killed it.. TO hell that it didn't dropped his boots... i can manage wiothout themm.. BUT QUEST IS NOT COMPLETED ! DAMN !

DrasticDemise.... As long as this is Wonderfull pack.... You need some betatesters. And i wonder if this got something to do with infernal mobs mod :?

Sounds like a big fight but just as somthing that might help the nature gods scythe is made to hurt the ender god. Happy hunting

Lonemind

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod adds the potion effect hud in the top left corner? I'd like to config or disable it since it blocks my spellbook display.

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod adds the potion effect hud in the top left corner? I'd like to config or disable it since it blocks my spellbook display.

You can move the display via typing /amuicfg but for whatever reason that's the one aspect of Ars Magica UI that doesn't EVER want to be saved for me.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
You have to shift-right click the amulet in your hand then put it in your amulet slot. Also on a server(ver1.3.0) demons aren't buggy for me summon, kill, resummon with crystal give weak blood orb, give nametag. I can right click them to give order to follow or stay.

Yes, that all works, even though i used the anvil to name them. But when the demon is killed and i resummon him again he doesn't follow orders anymore. To be more precise, i summoned three demons to fight an elemental for me - the small earth golem from the quest, the fallen angel, and the ice demon. The first two died in the fight, and after resummoning they don't follow my orders anymore. And i can't give them another orb, in case you are wondering.

But thanks for that amulet tip.

Eyeconic

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please help me im trying to update my Hubris but its not unzipping and im getting errors i have tried to deleting file completly but still getting can not unizip i really want to play this mod pack can a dev help me out please

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please help me im trying to update my Hubris but its not unzipping and im getting errors i have tried to deleting file completly but still getting can not unizip i really want to play this mod pack can a dev help me out please

Why are you unzipping the files at all? Why do it manually when you can just update the pack through the list on the launcher?

Eyeconic

Jul 29, 2019
... I am not unzipping anything like i said in last post when i launch the game it tries to update and when it tries to launch it says ERROR Unzipping Modpack!!! i am not doing anything my self it is the launcher doing it all plus i have tried force updating and changing server in launcher options so if anyone know if this versions is messed up or can actually help please do!!

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that all works, even though i used the anvil to name them. But when the demon is killed and i resummon him again he doesn't follow orders anymore. To be more precise, i summoned three demons to fight an elemental for me - the small earth golem from the quest, the fallen angel, and the ice demon. The first two died in the fight, and after resummoning they don't follow my orders anymore. And i can't give them another orb, in case you are wondering.

But thanks for that amulet tip.

Ah ha I see what you mean. Did some testing yes when they die they drop the crystal again, but you can't order them or give them a new orb. They don't die per se, but they might as well have died as they are in limbo as they can't do anything. You CAN use the infuse loyalty in them and they will follow you, but you can't make them stay in one place. It's just like any other pet what you invest into them is a one time thing. They die they die those resources are gone. So your options are make an army of them, just get a few strong ones and infuse everything they can take, or go with cats/wolves and infuse them to the max and keep blood samples of them to clone. The best way to clone cats/wolves is to start with 1 infusion get blood sample then infuse it again, get sample, rinse and repeat until you have a war beast. If one dies in the process start from the last sample collected and it starts with full health or give it victus between infusions to regen.

When fighting elementals I don't know if they shoot projectiles or not if they do you might what to go with ender hearth if it counts as an arrow.

Last edited:

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ha I see what you mean. Did some testing yes when they die they drop the crystal again, but you can't order them or give them a new orb. They don't die per se, but they might as well have died as they are in limbo as they can't do anything. You CAN use the infuse loyalty in them and they will follow you, but you can't make them stay in one place. It's just like any other pet what you invest into them is a one time thing. They die they die those resources are gone. So your options are make an army of them, just get a few strong ones and infuse everything they can take, or go with cats/wolves and infuse them to the max and keep blood samples of them to clone. The best way to clone cats/wolves is to start with 1 infusion get blood sample then infuse it again, get sample, rinse and repeat until you have a war beast. If one dies in the process start from the last sample collected and it starts with full health or give it victus between infusions to regen.

When fighting elementals I don't know if they shoot projectiles or not if they do you might what to go with ender hearth if it counts as an arrow.

You know that you can clone infused creatures, if i read that right? They will still cost some, but thats something.

As for this demon problem, im wondering if it a blood magic related bug - i read that you can simply resummon them again once "tamed". In other words, we shouldn't need other mods to make them behave, again.

And im pretty sure elementals only have an melee attack. Put thats not the problem - i have read (conflicting) resources that they can put up an reflecting shield...

Lonemind

Jul 29, 2019
You can move the display via typing /amuicfg but for whatever reason that's the one aspect of Ars Magica UI that doesn't EVER want to be saved for me.
I'm familiar with the potion effect HUD from Ars. It typically appears right next to the crosshair. I checked /amuicfg to make sure I wasn't missing anything and that command doesn't change the potion effect hud in the top left corner. Anyone else happen to know which mod does add it? It's rather irritating.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
How does one aquire Ender shards and Nether shards? the Special Mobs mod seems to overwrite the mobs and they are not dropping them.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
You know that you can clone infused creatures, if i read that right? They will still cost some, but thats something.

As for this demon problem, im wondering if it a blood magic related bug - i read that you can simply resummon them again once "tamed". In other words, we shouldn't need other mods to make them behave, again.

And im pretty sure elementals only have an melee attack. Put thats not the problem - i have read (conflicting) resources that they can put up an reflecting shield...
Yes, in the last part you just keep blood samples to save your progress between infusions.

It does seem that it is a bug in blood magic that once they die they derp.

Yes elementals do have the reflect sparkles.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
So I made a Shovel of the Purifier... enchanted it with level 30 and got Efficiency IV, Repair II. What are Taint Shards used for?