[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot, I think i will use that. However, i still would like to know what going on in my case ^^'
Fluxed Crystals (in the 1.0 version) made a change that makes it count as an entirely different mod with entirely different blocks. So Forge sees that you removed a mod (which you had blocks from) and added a new mod with new blocks (that happen to have exactly the same names and textures, but it's not like Forge checks that). Removing a mod removes its blocks from the world.

Jitsumi

Jul 29, 2019
Ha thanks! So if I really wanted to use fluxed crystals in the version 1.0 (with all the quest problems that I may get, so I will not do it), I should first remove the old version and load the game, then Forge will remove the old blocks, and then, i should install the new version, and since the blocks that have conflict were removed, it should work right?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Ha thanks! So if I really wanted to use fluxed crystals in the version 1.0 (with all the quest problems that I may get, so I will not do it), I should first remove the old version and load the game, then Forge will remove the old blocks, and then, i should install the new version, and since the blocks that have conflict were removed, it should work right?
No, it won't work. All the quests and reward bags that reference Fluxed Crystals will be broken, for example.

Jitsumi

Jul 29, 2019
Yes yes, the quests will be broken, but at least the game will "boot" right? (it just for the theory, i do not plan to do it ^^')

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Yes yes, the quests will be broken, but at least the game will "boot" right? (it just for the theory, i do not plan to do it ^^')
You could remove Fluxed Crystals entirely and it might work. Only way to find out is to try it.

Btw, if you use my fixed version (which is compatible with the one already in ME^4) then you need to go to the fluxed crystals config folder and rename ME4.json to d_ME4.json.

Jitsumi

Jul 29, 2019
I tied it (for the theory ^^'), start the game, load the save, stop the game, and then install Fluxed Crystals 1.0.2, and it worked. However, as you guessed, the quests are broken, and i lost all the existing Fluxed Crystals items/blocsk. But good to know how it is working, thanks ;)

Pr0xGaM3z

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, but when I put in Optifine in on version 1.5.0/Recommended Version, and it loads fully, the random mob/player on the left and my character on the right don't show up and when I load my world, it just says "shutting down internal server...." and it crashes. Is there a fix to this Mr. Parcel31u

Crazy-San

Jul 29, 2019
So I am attempting to create a server for a playthrough of this with one, maybe two other friends...but I'm having trouble getting one running. I'm not much good at setting up servers from scratch, let alone one with so many mods. I tried finding instructions because I figure other people have already done it, but having trouble find any. Can anyone give me some tips on how I can turn this pack into a server?

Questwizard

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing this a couple weeks ago and wanted to give my opinion on what I've seen so far. I found this by watching the first couple episodes of Direwolf20's LP of it and thought it would be fun based on what I saw. I decided to try playing on hard difficulty, since I've always played MC on hard since the day I started playing back in 1.3.2. I've only made it to the rotunda so far after restarting several times due to having to update the pack on the crappy curse client (its a pile of crap compared to the FTB launcher). Here's my opinion so far:

Map Design: 10/10
The base and all the areas I've seen so far have looked great. I've found all the trophies that are just lying in the open, and a bunch of the hidden secrets. Some of them were in really obscure places, which is a plus since you actually need to look for them. Not much I can say on the negative side here.

Difficulty/Balance: 0/10 (as far as hard goes. I haven't tried easy or normal yet)
This is where things get bad very quickly. The mobs are completely overpowered to the point of encouraging the occasional use of peaceful mode just to get to a grave. I just had to do this for the first time today while attempting to get my stuff from a grave on top of the middle ring of the rotunda. I died trying to light the place up, and it took me and hour and 45 mins of fighting with everything in the book from swords to lava to florbs, punji sticks, ineffable glass, among other things and nearly 200 deaths before I got to the point of feeling justified in using peaceful mode, as progress was virtually impossible with hordes of multiplying uber-zombies with 90+hp each murdering me the instant I got near my ineffable glass barrier. Some were even completely invisible and/or unhittable. Talk about unfair. Tthey can glitch through walls and hit you when there's 50 zombies crammed in such a small space, or they simply spawn on your head due to the broken zombie horde vanilla mechanic. I retrieved my stuff and turned difficulty back to hard and attempted to progress with lighting up the rest of the area with no luck. I gave up after 2 more hours and torched the last small sections in peaceful, as they were hyperspawning ubermob 9000 zombies and skelies with fire or explosive arrows. Seriously, how is anybody supposed to get past that when you die just by getting anywhere near them?
Miners' Delight was so bad it took me 15 hours of gameplay to get all the valuable materials I needed from the bottom of the area. I didn't even visit the middle layer of the biosphere because there were way too many mobs to be able to progress at all. The inclusion chamber was fine though. Even the compression chamber only got me a couple times before I finally decided to put all that free ineffable glass to good use.
It seems like there is no sense of game balance in this pack at all once you hit Miners' Delight though. All the mobs are seriously OP compared to the gear you have available at those points. I don't even want to know how bad it gets later on.

Quests: 6/10
After getting to Miners' Delight, most of the side quests that have opened up seem completely pointless. Why would I need to make a bunch of stuff that is only useful in multiplayer when I'm playing singleplayer? The quests now all seem like they are either "get this ore" or "make this mostly-useless item or alloy". If the whole thing was like the first section leading up to the biosphere it would be a little bit better. I imagine bake to win is the typical AFK for weeks on end grind that seems so popular in games these days for some reason.

I'm going to keep trying to progress on hard until the game gets to be 100% impossible, though I feel entirely justified in getting graves using peaceful when the OP mobs make it completely impossible otherwise. I'll probably try dropping to normal once things get impossoble on hard. I would definitely look into rebalancing things on hard though.

I'm hoping ME^3 will be better, as I plan on giving that one a shot to see how this all started out.

Reactions: immibis

FaTe_Razz

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u is curse client going to make available a server download for mod packs? I have been trying to create a server for me and my friends to play ME^4 but have not been able to get it to successfully run, which version of forge do you recommend and which mods are the client ones that need removed. I tried removing a few but end up with a server that crashes but does not give a crash report.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing this a couple weeks ago and wanted to give my opinion on what I've seen so far. I found this by watching the first couple episodes of Direwolf20's LP of it and thought it would be fun based on what I saw. I decided to try playing on hard difficulty, since I've always played MC on hard since the day I started playing back in 1.3.2. I've only made it to the rotunda so far after restarting several times due to having to update the pack on the crappy curse client (its a pile of crap compared to the FTB launcher). Here's my opinion so far:

Map Design: 10/10
The base and all the areas I've seen so far have looked great. I've found all the trophies that are just lying in the open, and a bunch of the hidden secrets. Some of them were in really obscure places, which is a plus since you actually need to look for them. Not much I can say on the negative side here.

Difficulty/Balance: 0/10 (as far as hard goes. I haven't tried easy or normal yet)
This is where things get bad very quickly. The mobs are completely overpowered to the point of encouraging the occasional use of peaceful mode just to get to a grave. I just had to do this for the first time today while attempting to get my stuff from a grave on top of the middle ring of the rotunda. I died trying to light the place up, and it took me and hour and 45 mins of fighting with everything in the book from swords to lava to florbs, punji sticks, ineffable glass, among other things and nearly 200 deaths before I got to the point of feeling justified in using peaceful mode, as progress was virtually impossible with hordes of multiplying uber-zombies with 90+hp each murdering me the instant I got near my ineffable glass barrier. Some were even completely invisible and/or unhittable. Talk about unfair. Tthey can glitch through walls and hit you when there's 50 zombies crammed in such a small space, or they simply spawn on your head due to the broken zombie horde vanilla mechanic. I retrieved my stuff and turned difficulty back to hard and attempted to progress with lighting up the rest of the area with no luck. I gave up after 2 more hours and torched the last small sections in peaceful, as they were hyperspawning ubermob 9000 zombies and skelies with fire or explosive arrows. Seriously, how is anybody supposed to get past that when you die just by getting anywhere near them?
Miners' Delight was so bad it took me 15 hours of gameplay to get all the valuable materials I needed from the bottom of the area. I didn't even visit the middle layer of the biosphere because there were way too many mobs to be able to progress at all. The inclusion chamber was fine though. Even the compression chamber only got me a couple times before I finally decided to put all that free ineffable glass to good use.
It seems like there is no sense of game balance in this pack at all once you hit Miners' Delight though. All the mobs are seriously OP compared to the gear you have available at those points. I don't even want to know how bad it gets later on.

Quests: 6/10
After getting to Miners' Delight, most of the side quests that have opened up seem completely pointless. Why would I need to make a bunch of stuff that is only useful in multiplayer when I'm playing singleplayer? The quests now all seem like they are either "get this ore" or "make this mostly-useless item or alloy". If the whole thing was like the first section leading up to the biosphere it would be a little bit better. I imagine bake to win is the typical AFK for weeks on end grind that seems so popular in games these days for some reason.

I'm going to keep trying to progress on hard until the game gets to be 100% impossible, though I feel entirely justified in getting graves using peaceful when the OP mobs make it completely impossible otherwise. I'll probably try dropping to normal once things get impossoble on hard. I would definitely look into rebalancing things on hard though.

I'm hoping ME^3 will be better, as I plan on giving that one a shot to see how this all started out.

Weird, are you playing 1.5.0? In my 1.0.4 playthrough the mobs in the rotunda are just vanilla mobs, aside from the skeletons having annoying arrow types. It wouldn't surprise me if the author decided to up the difficulty considering how bad the second half of the game is. Spawners, spawners everywhere.

ME^3 is, in my opinion, far more polished and interesting, especially in where the secrets are located. ME^4's secrets just seem to be put in random spots for the most part. Dirt creepers are the worst part of the ME^3, and you can just turn those off. Well, that and the ender dragon fight... so dumb.

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
hello im trying to make a server so i can play with my friend but i when im trying to make a server there is a error im trying to locate it it says random things unloaded-errored... so okay i deleted that and now it says quadrum... i mean come on i cant do these can somebody give me the server files? please?

Questwizard

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, are you playing 1.5.0? In my 1.0.4 playthrough the mobs in the rotunda are just vanilla mobs, aside from the skeletons having annoying arrow types. It wouldn't surprise me if the author decided to up the difficulty considering how bad the second half of the game is. Spawners, spawners everywhere.

ME^3 is, in my opinion, far more polished and interesting, especially in where the secrets are located. ME^4's secrets just seem to be put in random spots for the most part. Dirt creepers are the worst part of the ME^3, and you can just turn those off. Well, that and the ender dragon fight... so dumb.

I'm on whatever version is on the curse voice thing, since I had read somewhere that its not being maintained on FTB anymore. They were all vanilla mobs in the rotunda, but 1/3 or more had buffs to the point where a spectre sword was taking around 10 or so hits to kill a single zombie. A few had 140+ HP, which is completely insane for a standard mob spawn that early in the game. They literally spawned and multiplied faster than I could kill them due to vanilla zombie mechanics.

I finally got to the nether sphere and gave up on hard. I griefed the vast majority of the witch water level with a combo of cryotheum and lava and was still being swarmed by uber-skellies or spammed with explosive arrows by them. I figured the cryotheum would at least kill off the majority of whatever was still spawning in spots my lava lighting missed. Even non-wither skellies had so much HP they were surviving a trip through cryotheum which I dumped on the stairs leading down to that level. They must have some serious resistance buffs if they were living long enough to fight the current and swim all the way up.

That resulted in me getting so frustrated with hard difficulty that I've deleted the world and I'm going to start from scratch on normal and see how it goes.

I also noticed that placing or breaking Ztones garden soil creates massive fps hiccups even worse than the stuttering when pouring liquid into 11 casting basins at once on a smeltery. I set up my sugarcane farm on a 9x9 plot of it and any block updates near that stuff cause temporary stuttering. I also had to turn smooth lighting off because the smooth lighting is severely glitched around both garden soil and ancient trees logs.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on whatever version is on the curse voice thing, since I had read somewhere that its not being maintained on FTB anymore. They were all vanilla mobs in the rotunda, but 1/3 or more had buffs to the point where a spectre sword was taking around 10 or so hits to kill a single zombie. A few had 140+ HP, which is completely insane for a standard mob spawn that early in the game. They literally spawned and multiplied faster than I could kill them due to vanilla zombie mechanics.

I finally got to the nether sphere and gave up on hard. I griefed the vast majority of the witch water level with a combo of cryotheum and lava and was still being swarmed by uber-skellies or spammed with explosive arrows by them. I figured the cryotheum would at least kill off the majority of whatever was still spawning in spots my lava lighting missed. Even non-wither skellies had so much HP they were surviving a trip through cryotheum which I dumped on the stairs leading down to that level. They must have some serious resistance buffs if they were living long enough to fight the current and swim all the way up.

That resulted in me getting so frustrated with hard difficulty that I've deleted the world and I'm going to start from scratch on normal and see how it goes.

I also noticed that placing or breaking Ztones garden soil creates massive fps hiccups even worse than the stuttering when pouring liquid into 11 casting basins at once on a smeltery. I set up my sugarcane farm on a 9x9 plot of it and any block updates near that stuff cause temporary stuttering. I also had to turn smooth lighting off because the smooth lighting is severely glitched around both garden soil and ancient trees logs.
Did you consider just changing the difficulty? I mean, you can do that.

Questwizard

Jul 29, 2019
I did, but I want to see how the overall difficulty up to that point changes as well, so I figured restarting would be the best way to do that. Now that I know where things are, getting back to the same point I was at shouldn't take me long at all.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
so, i can't craft octuple (or any compressed for that) cookies anymore. AE says simply: invalid pattern

joakimar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get ahold of the Material Energy^4 1.5.0 server. It's not available in the FTB launcher (button grayed out).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 10.22.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 10.22.47 AM.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 44