Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure Buildcraft pipes detonate at 500 items per pipe. A single maxed borer generates 700 per second. Not really practical.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Someone just reported a crash from using v14 (released November 2013) with ElC v25z...I am not sure what bothers me more, that someone made such an error, or that someone is still using v14, which predates even most FTB packs....
Eehh....What. :eek::confused:o_O

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure Buildcraft pipes detonate at 500 items per pipe. .

I put a tesseract next to mine, coming out from another, connected to those rf powered resonant warp ducts, parading through a few dozen resonant caches, (later to be sucked into an extractor using a resonant retriever)
don't know the rupture limit of that, but it's looking good so far.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure Buildcraft pipes detonate at 500 items per pipe. A single maxed borer generates 700 per second. Not really practical.

I think the chunk generation lag would totally make that idea useless. I run a stack of boring machines at a reasonable pace and never have a problem. LP to JABBA with void upgrades for every stone type. Works great.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding ammonia, I've added 9 reservoirs of ammonia to my reactor three times now and I'm not seeing anything from my HP turbine. Does it lose steam that is insufficient to power it?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a build up of steam in your steam lines Demos?
I've been watching for that. That's really why I'm confused. The reactor has consumed large quantities of ammonia, yet I don't see much in my steam pipes. A max of 15 steam, and the transducer doesn't say if it's water steam or ammonia steam though I know I replaced all the pipes previously. The previous LP turbine ran off ammonia, I just couldn't reliably recapture it all. My only change is moving to HP turbine to try and get a 100% recapture rate.

Like I said, I'll keep pumping ammonia into it.

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019
I think the chunk generation lag would totally make that idea useless. I run a stack of boring machines at a reasonable pace and never have a problem. LP to JABBA with void upgrades for every stone type. Works great.

Eh, I've done max speed boring machines before and it's not bad at all. You're looking at 1 layer per tick and if you have 4 machines side-by-side it takes up 2 chunks. That means you're generating 2.5 chunks per second. For comparison the mod chunkgen, used to pregenerate terrain, is set to a default speed of 1 chunk per tick. And there's obviously no additional generation load for additional boring machines vertically. Also, at that level of throughput it's not really an always-on sort of thing.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching for that. That's really why I'm confused. The reactor has consumed large quantities of ammonia, yet I don't see much in my steam pipes. A max of 15 steam, and the transducer doesn't say if it's water steam or ammonia steam though I know I replaced all the pipes previously. The previous LP turbine ran off ammonia, I just couldn't reliably recapture it all. My only change is moving to HP turbine to try and get a 100% recapture rate.

Like I said, I'll keep pumping ammonia into it.

Pretty sure you're not collecting anywhere near 100%. I haven't ever gotten close myself. It's somewhere in the recollection process, not the steam side, that we're losing it.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
Reika I'm curious as to what this is: "ReactorCraft: Turbine generator now has an EU variant" Same multiblock as the RF generator with different central-end piece? Or completely different?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Reika I'm curious as to what this is: "ReactorCraft: Turbine generator now has an EU variant" Same multiblock as the RF generator with different central-end piece? Or completely different?

You pretty much nailed it. It's something like while holding the Turbine Generator block you right click, or shift right click, to change it into the EU version. Everything else is the same.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
You pretty much nailed it. It's something like while holding the Turbine Generator block you right click, or shift right click, to change it into the EU version. Everything else is the same.

Great cheers. I don't really use EU, but fancied making alot of UU matter for the sake of it. ATM just pumping 90k eu/tick into 3 mass fabricators via rotarycraft electric generators.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, shift right click on the block itself with a screwdriver. Awesome. Works while it's a formed multiblock too.