FTB Departed Released

B

Big Bad

dg9An3w.png

Drifter, it is time for you to travel once more.

Feed The Beast is proud to release Departed, our newest adventure and exploration-themed pack.

WTTSIdS.png

At Departed’s core is Nevermine: Advent of Ascension, an expansive mod that sports over 200 new creatures, countless magical and combative artifacts, and an ever-growing list of unique dimensions. It is your role as a vagabond to fight off wretched entities, drift between worlds, and unravel the mysterious that each realm holds.

To aid in your journey, player may find familiar tools and resources from popular magic-theme mods such as Thaumcraft, Witchery, Botania, and Thaumic Tinkerer.

iHzhGPa.png

This weekend we also had a Twitch stream in which we discussed the development of Departed and showed off a preview of the pack. You can watch a copy of the stream below:

TLCMbbC.png

Departed 1.0.0 is currently available to play on Curse Voice as well as the FTB Launcher. You can view the changelog here.

Departed-themed merchandise is also available on or storefront..

NOTE: There seems to be a delay on Curse Voice for Departed. We're investigating. Departed is also available on the FTB Launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack is actually really fun! By the way... How do you level up hunting so you can kill those annoying monsters?
The easiest way I've found is to get a decent weapon and some armour and go out on blood hunts and full moons because mobs from those events will give hunter experience. I would reccomend a base in the plains biome because it doesn't have any high level hunter mobs that you won't be able to kill for a while.

Reactions: mattp_12

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest way I've found is to get a decent weapon and some armour and go out on blood hunts and full moons because mobs from those events will give hunter experience. I would reccomend a base in the plains biome because it doesn't have any high level hunter mobs that you won't be able to kill for a while.
Okay, I should be (hopefully) able to do that with my jade sword ;p

B

Big Bad

Looks like Curse Voice is not displaying the pack and we're investigating why exactly that is. For now, it should show up and launch fine on the FTB Launcher.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

MrTopf

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Curse Voice is not displaying the pack and we're investigating why exactly that is. For now, it should show up and launch fine on the FTB Launcher.

Just a heads up: It is showing up now but when I install it I get only 6 mods (AoA, Bibiocraft, AppleCore, LootableBodies, fastcraft and fastleafdecay). Checked mod list and folder. So something seems still broken unfortunately.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up: It is showing up now but when I install it I get only 6 mods (AoA, Bibiocraft, AppleCore, LootableBodies, fastcraft and fastleafdecay). Checked mod list and folder. So something seems still broken unfortunately.

Because of the way the Curse launcher works, you might have to load the pack for all mods to be downloaded. I believe the laucher adds none- curse hosted mods pre-launch, then the rest on first run.

Last edited:

MrTopf

Jul 29, 2019
I just did it again and started the pack and even created a world. Said 11 mods loaded and does not look any different.

MrTopf

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked the zip file and it seems that the files section is missing from the manifest.json. This I assume is how it knows what mods to install. But no expert on this just looking into working examples.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Confirmed, still broken on the client. Looking into it.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Confirmed, still broken on the client. Looking into it.
Welcome to the fun time that is creating packs on Curse. It is a horrible, clunky, broken mess. That said, if they can get the damn thing cleaned up and streamlined a bit I think it has the potential to be a major step forward. It just isn't there yet.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime it goes to load it looks for bspkrscore and I don't see it anywhere on the mod list. It ends up crashing me back to the launcher