FTB Departed Released

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Just asking, I thought Twilight Forest would be part of the pack?
I was looking at the modlist of the pack (Curse Voice version) and didn't see it. I think one of the creators said it was in there but I may be wrong.

MrTopf

Jul 29, 2019
nope, it isn't. It might fit though but also might break the balance. Then again TF always is in packs which broke the balance already ;-)
I imagine though that a pack which cleverly combines the two might be a nice one but also quite a bit of work (and maybe not even possible due to mod config limitations).

Ali Gamer

Jul 29, 2019
plz add this mod on modpack FTB Departed
The Twilight Forest

ExtraBiomeXL

DungeonPack

Better Dungeon

Morph

Natura

NetherOres

OpenBlocks

OpenPeripheral

OpenMod

OpenEye

Hats

Runic Dungeons

OreSpawn

BiblioCraft

Thaumcraft Mob Aspects

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
The Twilight Forest

ExtraBiomeXL

DungeonPack

Better Dungeon

Morph

Natura

NetherOres

OpenBlocks

OpenPeripheral

OpenMod

OpenEye

Hats

Runic Dungeons

OreSpawn

BiblioCraft

Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
If you can give me a good reason for each one, I'll think about it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Just asking, I thought Twilight Forest would be part of the pack?
I was looking at the modlist of the pack (Curse Voice version) and didn't see it. I think one of the creators said it was in there but I may be wrong.
It was in the modpack in the beginning, but it was removed during beta testing because AoA mobs don't spawn in the vast majority of its biomes. I had made a base there with absolutely no threat. No reason to wall off or live in a hole. No reason for base defense or security. Peaceful. It would be wonderful to have it if it didn't offer absolute security so early on in the game.
The Twilight Forest

ExtraBiomeXL

DungeonPack

Better Dungeon

Morph

Natura

NetherOres

OpenBlocks

OpenPeripheral

OpenMod

OpenEye

Hats

Runic Dungeons

OreSpawn

BiblioCraft

Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
Aight, let me go through this list actually:
  • Twilight forest: see above
  • EBXL: would screw up mob spawning. The general fear is there would be too many safe biomes and few with actual dangers.
  • Dungeon Pack: no real objections, it just doesn't seem to necessary. If you have a valid reason for its addition, we'd consider it.
  • Chocolate Quest: see dungeon pack.
  • Morph: Heck no. We have enough balance issues without it. Also, it just doesn't feel right to put it in a serious modpack unless the story relies on it.
  • Natura: See dungeon pack.
  • Nether ores: it breaks the theme of AoA, where if an ore is available in a dimension, it's only available in that dimension. Plus it's just entirely unnecessary.
  • Openblocks: already in the modpack.
  • open peripherals: I'll assume computercraft is tacked onto that as well. Computers break the pack's theme of magic/low technology.
  • Hats: I don't know about you, but this guy would seem a lot less terrifying than it should with a funny hat. It also breaks immersion and is entirely too silly for such a serious mod.
  • OreSpawn: that would add a powerful mob/weapon/bosses/dimension mod on top of advent of ascension. It would overshadow AoA, and some of the items would be incredibly powerful compared to AoA mobs. What's stopping a player from progressing into orespawn and then using those items to annihilate the AoA stuff?
  • Runic Dungeons: no protests from me, except I fear a similar situation to the twilight forest, where the dimension is free of AoA mobs, simply requiring you to progress through the dungeon securing more rooms as needed.
  • Thaumcraft mob aspects: may eventually be added, but seriously there's like 600 mobs. Nobody has enough patience to script 600 mobs worth of aspects. It would add to the unity between thaumcraft and AoA though.
  • EDIT: oh, and bibliocraft is already in as well.

Last edited:

hypernova132

Jul 29, 2019
AoA mobs exist in runic dungeons actually, I know this from having both mods enable at once before this pack even came out, there are few but they do exist the the endless dungeon dimension that runic dungeons adds.

Oh and anyone know a good way to repair tools FAST without using the material they are made of, because I have a skeletal pickaxe (really end game) and I don't feel like waiting for it to auto repair before I go mining again.

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
How about adding a Mod which simply adds Backpacks because if you are Mining a Lot in early Game and your Foraging Skill is high, you will get a lot of items.

I had to leave my cave and go Home about every 5 Minutes now i have an Enderchest which extracts too a few Chests in my Base and an Ender Backpack but it was annoying in the early game.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
@theonelego , it looks like you're missing mods. Try force updating the pack.

Edit: Oh, I see you've tried that. Still, it looks like you're missing mods. Poke into the mods folder and see what you can see (or can't see, as the case may be).

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
arg. this mod pack looks like so much fun. is there any other way I can get my hands on it?
Here's the instance if you want to try to set it up in MultiMC.

I would also be interested in your entire log if you could upload it. There's a button there on the console.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Watchful, does the launcher check hashes against a list online, or was that just my imagination when I downloaded this pack (or only on Linux)? It might be useful for the partial download issues I've seen sometimes.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Watchful, does the launcher check hashes against a list online, or was that just my imagination when I downloaded this pack (or only on Linux)? It might be useful for the partial download issues I've seen sometimes.
Yes, but half the problem is the hashes being computer incorrectly. Or the zip file getting corrupted before it gets to the repo, so it gets a correct hash, but the launcher is unable to unzip it.

I don't think that's the problem here though.

theonelego

Jul 29, 2019
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had to force update and then it worked. but how did you know I needed to update :?