[1.7.10] AgriCraft

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean with 'forces the crafting recipe for wood slabs'? Also why is it not possible to use minetweaker to add the recipe with the saw back in?
It makes slabs craftable using 3 planks which gregtech disables. you can not remove this recipe with minetweaker without removing all recipes for oak slabs.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
2. What does each stat do? As a side note, I also would like to see this:
I can help on the latter, (although it has been posted earlier in the thread.)
Growth is how fast the plants grow.
Gain is how much produce the plants make. 1 Gain is 1, 4 gets you 2 and 6 gets you 3, 10 is 4. (I'm not 100% sure on the 2 and 3 ones, I generally get things up to 10)
Strength is essentially weed resistance. 1 means weeds are pretty likely to take over from the crop if they on a neighboring crop. 10 is complete weed immunity.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps an add-on can be made that allows you to configure what levels mean what (such as making Yield 2 mean 1-2 produce, Yield 3 means 2-3 produce, etc), make seed drops from grass have random levels (configurable, including what maximums and minimums are dropped), and maybe increase the maximum level past 10, as long as the configuration doesn't create some nonsense like "130% resistant to weeds" (Where the default level 10 is 100% resistant). This add-on could also (configurable) handle increasing the range of cross-crops concerning cross-breeds (Such as within 1-2 tiles orthogonally (Taxicab geometry); or within 1 tile including diagonals) and breeding of trees/saplings (also configurable, cross-breed range configurable separate from crops and is defaulted to 3-5 orthogonally, base block of the tree becomes a special "crop log" block that just yields a log when broken but acts as a crop as far as breeding goes).
One thing you could do with the theoretical add-on is make it so that the maximum level is 3; level 1/1/1 is equivalent to the normal 1/1/1, 2/2/2 is equivalent to 4/4/4, and 3/3/3 is equivalent to 8/8/8. And don't enable tree-breeding/growing. Increase weed-growth range to 1-diagonal and leave crops at 1-orthagonal.
Go ahead, feel free to make addons all you like, I have no problems with that.

Also, quick question. If a custom crop has two products listed, does that mean it has a chance of being either or does it mean it will always produce both? Is that what the weight stat is for when defining products?
depends, for some crops, like snowbells it should ahve the same drop rates as the default crop, for others, like the ghyshals you need certain gain levels to get lovely and golden ghyshahls.

It makes slabs craftable using 3 planks which gregtech disables. you can not remove this recipe with minetweaker without removing all recipes for oak slabs.
But why does it make slabs craftable? I'm not adding a recipe for them.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to stop leaves breaking your tanks, it's driving me nuts. Yes I could move the tank but it looks nice where it is.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
Go ahead, feel free to make addons all you like, I have no problems with that.

depends, for some crops, like snowbells it should ahve the same drop rates as the default crop, for others, like the ghyshals you need certain gain levels to get lovely and golden ghyshahls.

But why does it make slabs craftable? I'm not adding a recipe for them.

Because your sprinkler recipe replaces the recipe for bowls.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm at the point in my pack to where I'm using the witchery minedrakes. Once I added a crafting recipe I was able to grow and breed them using agricraft just fine. My conundrum is that for minedrakes the seeds *are* the product. When planted and harvested normally a minedrake plant will always drop one bulb, and occasionally drop a second. I'm having a hard time deciding how this should be implemented in agricraft, and whether/how the gain stat should affect this plant.

Also, if I put a seed in the blacklist but vanilla planting is disabled does that mean the seed is completely unplantable?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm at the point in my pack to where I'm using the witchery minedrakes. Once I added a crafting recipe I was able to grow and breed them using agricraft just fine. My conundrum is that for minedrakes the seeds *are* the product. When planted and harvested normally a minedrake plant will always drop one bulb, and occasionally drop a second. I'm having a hard time deciding how this should be implemented in agricraft, and whether/how the gain stat should affect this plant.

Also, if I put a seed in the blacklist but vanilla planting is disabled does that mean the seed is completely unplantable?
I think if you put it in the blacklist you can plant it normally

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I may have suggested this before (not completely sure about that) but have you thought about changing the magnifying glass a bit?
right now it can only be used to read the information of a crop if you've already analyzed the seed, but the information it displays is kind of useless if you've WAILA installed as WAILA can already give you that information.
but something I do would like to know is the information of a crop of a seed I've not yet scanned.

to be a little bit more exact, you'd only be able to read the information of a crop if you've already analyzed one of that seed type before, this way if I'm crossbreeding to increase the stats of a crop I'm able to know how far the stats are from the crossbreeding without having to constantly run back to the analyzer.

so to summarize, a change for the magnifying glass so you'll be able to read the information of any crops planted of a seed type you've scanned before.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I may have suggested this before (not completely sure about that) but have you thought about changing the magnifying glass a bit?
right now it can only be used to read the information of a crop if you've already analyzed the seed, but the information it displays is kind of useless if you've WAILA installed as WAILA can already give you that information.
but something I do would like to know is the information of a crop of a seed I've not yet scanned.

to be a little bit more exact, you'd only be able to read the information of a crop if you've already analyzed one of that seed type before, this way if I'm crossbreeding to increase the stats of a crop I'm able to know how far the stats are from the crossbreeding without having to constantly run back to the analyzer.

so to summarize, a change for the magnifying glass so you'll be able to read the information of any crops planted of a seed type you've scanned before.
I'll probably not do that, however I have something else in mind, as I'll be changing the way the soil works and some plants require different light levels, the magnifying glass will be the way to get info about how fast and why it can grow at that certain spot.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'll probably not do that, however I have something else in mind, as I'll be changing the way the soil works and some plants require different light levels, the magnifying glass will be the way to get info about how fast and why it can grow at that certain spot.

that'd be a nice addition for the item, as I never really use it because I just use WAILA for the information statistics

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about mutations. I am, presently, playing Regrowth. I am trying to get all the cross crops done but finding it being a royal pain. Time after time after time I get one plant or the other plant spreading and after a half a dozen or so times I get annoyed and use NEI to give me one of the seed I am trying to get. How can I increase the chance that I'll get the crossbreed instead of one of the parent plants?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about mutations. I am, presently, playing Regrowth. I am trying to get all the cross crops done but finding it being a royal pain. Time after time after time I get one plant or the other plant spreading and after a half a dozen or so times I get annoyed and use NEI to give me one of the seed I am trying to get. How can I increase the chance that I'll get the crossbreed instead of one of the parent plants?

be sure to keep an eye out if a crop needs a secondary block to grow, because if you're trying to get a mutation that requires a secondary block, you'll never get this mutation until you've placed that secondary block

Reactions: InfinityRaider

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Firstly, make sure both parents are fully grown. They can't crossbreed when they aren't.
Secondly, make sure you use the right soil. Sugar Canes for instance need to be bred onto either Sand or Red Sand, and any Magical Crop needs Tilled Garden Soil.
Thirdly, check if the plant needs something else nearby. Water Artichokes need a source block of water to be close by.

Other than that it's just a matter of paitence.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I know this sounds silly but I'm trying to modify the mutations list via minetweaker to no avail,
but I want to do is to add/change the block requirement under the soil